CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree12Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee that webpage is funny here's a tip Cadillac, never use the word never, without a) meaning ...
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: CUE Update for MY 2013 Vehicles ATTN Cadillac Cust Svc

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    that webpage is funny

here's a tip Cadillac, never use the word never, without a) meaning it or b) expecting bad ju-ju when you fail to deliver.

b has happened!!, you see as evidenced by your own website we were sold on this and lied to, i say lied to because owners of 2013 cars are now outdated.....want proof, look at the 2014 cars, there's our promised update in the wild being enjoyed by people 9 months after the debut of ATS.
    Hello pissedoffwookiee,

I apologize for your frustration. Unfortunately we are not informed of the update schedule for the CUE system. I will definitely document and pass along your frustration and feedback to the correct team within our organization. Thank you very much for taking the time to post your concerns.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

One of the problems with getting Caddy to update CUE for the 2013 owners is that Caddy really doesn't know just how PO'd we are. How many 2013 ATS' with CUE were sold? How many ATS owners with CUE really know about the need to update? How many ATS owners with CUE are actually on this forum (or any other forum) and have voiced a need for updating us to the 2014 standard? Get my drift...the relative numbers (%) of knowledgeable dissatisfied 2013 owners who have made their dissatisfaction known is SMALL when compared to total 2013 CUE'd ATS' sold. Or, Caddy just doesn't give a sh*t! Unfortunately, I'm thinking that the latter is operative and because of that, no more Caddy's (and this is my first Caddy experience) for me as I certainly thought that this luxury car brand would have better serviced (instead of screwed) its customers.

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I am in agreement with you about Cadillac not knowing the number of unhappy CUE users. Overall my SRX is a delight to own and drive but the CUE system is not on the same level of excellence as the car. It is like having a great restaurant that you frequent and then have a couple of bad meals. Do you let the owner know so that he can fix the problem or do you find another restaurant? That is the way I feel about "Complaining" about the CUE system. If we like our cars but don't let Cadillac know that we have issues with CUE then we deserve what we get. If we do raise our voices and they ignore us then they deserve what they get. Let's drop this defensive attitude towards Cadillac by some and tell them honestly what our concerns are with the hope that they will offer us an update that will keep us on a par with the newer models. BTW, I just read an article about the new Cadillac Elmarij and it is a beauty. As far as I can tell there is no CUE in it. It is an "S" class fighter and is one gorgeous car!
    As an after thought I think it might be interesting if we, on this forum, started a thread about what we would like to add to the CUE system. We could also include what we would change if we could. Then if there are GM people who regularly read these comments they might include some of our ideas in later updates or models. I do not mean the software engineer type comments that are too into the weeds for most of us to understand but simple issues that would make our everyday drives a little more pleasant. Anyone want to start it off?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    One of the problems with getting Caddy to update CUE for the 2013 owners is that Caddy really doesn't know just how PO'd we are. How many 2013 ATS' with CUE were sold? How many ATS owners with CUE really know about the need to update? How many ATS owners with CUE are actually on this forum (or any other forum) and have voiced a need for updating us to the 2014 standard? Get my drift...the relative numbers (%) of knowledgeable dissatisfied 2013 owners who have made their dissatisfaction known is SMALL when compared to total 2013 CUE'd ATS' sold. Or, Caddy just doesn't give a sh*t! Unfortunately, I'm thinking that the latter is operative and because of that, no more Caddy's (and this is my first Caddy experience) for me as I certainly thought that this luxury car brand would have better serviced (instead of screwed) its customers.
    Hello flycaster,

Laura and I have been documenting the concerns we see regarding the CUE and forwarding them to the correct group within our organization. We try and always pass along the feedback so that our customer’s voices get heard about our products. Thank you very much taking the time to post your feedback.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I am in agreement with you about Cadillac not knowing the number of unhappy CUE users. Overall my SRX is a delight to own and drive but the CUE system is not on the same level of excellence at the car. It is like having a great restaurant that you frequent and then have a couple of bad meals. Do you let the owner know so that he can fix the problem or do you find another restaurant? That is the way I feel about "Complaining" about the CUE system. If we like our cars but don't let Cadillac know that we have issues with CUE then we deserve what we get. If we do raise our voices and they ignore us then they deserve what they get. Let's drop this defensive attitude towards Cadillac by some and tell them honestly what our concerns are with the hope that they will offer us an update that will keep us on a par with the newer models. BTW, I just read an article about the new Cadillac Elmarij and it is a beauty. As far as I can tell there is no CUE in it. It is an "S" class fighter and is one gorgeous car!
    As an after thought I think it might be interesting if we, on this forum, started a thread about what we would like to add to the CUE system. We could also include what we would change if we could. Then if there are GM people who regularly read these comments they might include some of our ideas in later updates or models. I do not mean the software engineer type comments that are too into the weeds for most of us to understand but simple issues that would make our everyday drives a little more pleasant. Anyone want to start it off?
    Hello inspectorudy,

Starting a thread about your CUE feedback would be a great idea!! I would be sure to document it and pass it along to the correct group. I cannot guarantee that any or all of the ideas mentioned would make it into the production model, but I can definitely say that I will get it in front of the correct people as some feedback from our customer base. Thank you very much for your time and please let me know if that thread is made!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    We don't know that they aren't going to offer the new software to the older cars yet, though ... seems a bit premature to complain about something that may or may not happen just because it hasn't happened yet doesn't mean it isn't going to happen
    I don't think it's too early. First, if there is some technical limitation preventing it, they definitely know and there can be no excuse for not telling owners that.

If it is possible, these types of decisions are not somebody's spur of the moment whim, not does it just instantly happen when a decision is made. If they are going to do it, it is the height of arrogance and disrespect to leave customers hanging. And its not much better if they can do it and decided not to but won't fess up.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

so basically what you're most upset about is a lack of communication?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

"so basically what you're most upset about is a lack of communication"?

I think that about sums it up. When the GM reps cannot tell us anything it makes us feel like we will be the last to know about anything. Chris mentioned the '14 ATS and there was no app icon available on it so that is sort of bad news for us. If there are no major improvements to the '14 then I don't imagine we will be getting anything new anytime soon.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Me? Yeah.

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello cullama213,

I apologize for the delay in response, Laura and I were doing some additional research into this inquiry. Unfortunately, we don’t have access to any update schedules or contents of those updates. The CUE Infotainment team would be the best team to reach out to in regards to this information and I do see that you have already reached out to them. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to reach out to me via private message. Thank you very much for your time.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Gregory,

I called 855-4-CUE-NOW today and they explained to me that they are for technical assistance and training only and do not have any information about scheduling of the updates or what the content of the updates will be. They did mention that older vehicles are not guaranteed to get all the features of the newer vehicles (possibly the app store? which wouldn't make sense to me) in a similar fashion as the cell phone OS updates for iPhone and Android where older hardware gets most of the new features but some new features are left out to entice/incentivise/differentiate new hardware purchases.

The agent I spoke with documented our conversation and created a Service Request number (I have sent it to you in a PM) but was very certain that GM/Cadillac would be the place that this type of communication will need to originate.

Cheers,
    Chris
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

no....not lack of communication, but selective and misleading communication

there was no lack of communication getting us to buy into how cool CUE is....they put it on their website, they put it in ads, they got the word to reviewers, they got the word to dealers, and all these channels got the word to us.

in all this communication, upgrade-ability was a big selling point.

now that we are on the other side of the transaction, to say the delivery of their promise has been lacking would be an understatement. this is more maddening considering the update is already in the wild (on 2014 cars) and the only impediment for us is the will of some jerk in Detroit.

that is why we all are and should upset and Cadillac should be too if they are to be believed to be a post bankruptcy new company with new ideas that wants to be the "new standard of the world"

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    no....not lack of communication, but selective and misleading communication

there was no lack of communication getting us to buy into how cool CUE is....they put it on their website, they put it in ads, they got the word to reviewers, they got the word to dealers, and all these channels got the word to us.

in all this communication, upgrade-ability was a big selling point.

now that we are on the other side of the transaction, to say the delivery of their promise has been lacking would be an understatement...
    Say, POW, is that Cadillac promise of upgrade-ability in writing (where?), or is it an assumption we've made?

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

Quote Originally Posted by dmurphy View Post
    Given that the bottom of this page states the following: "UPDATEABLE SOFTWARE Software can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so CUE will never become outdated."

I would hope that a CUE software update is forthcoming.

My GUESStimate? Once the GM App Store (or whatever the heck it's being called) launches, you'll see updates for IntelliLink, MyLink and CUE pretty rapidly.

Just a guess, but that's probably what they're waiting for ... That's what I would do. Why go through the pain of doing the big updates now, and then again when the app store launches?
    Quote Originally Posted by flycaster View Post
    Say, POW, is that Cadillac promise of upgrade-ability in writing (where?), or is it an assumption we've made?
    It's on the Cadillac web page in my post here:

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...l#post11057377

My Bad for not reading the whole post. So, although I am not a lawyer, it would seem reasonable to assume that as Cadillac has put it in writing in their advertizing that CUE will have..."UPDATEABLE SOFTWARE Software (that) can be upgraded during the life of the vehicle, so CUE will never become outdated," we will get our updates...or Caddy would be liable for false advertizing. I guess we will just have to sit an wait until we either get our update or some ATS owner calls their lawyer. Certainly hope it is the former...soon!

EXACTLY

it does not say that there will be two updates per year
    it does not say that there will be one update per year
    it does not specify any kind of update/upgrade schedule

and by the way, what exactly do 2014 CUE systems have that 2013 systems don't?

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

EXACTLY

it does not say that there will be two updates per year
    it does not say that there will be one update per year
    it does not specify any kind of update/upgrade schedule

and by the way, what exactly do 2014 CUE systems have that 2013 systems don't?
    Better configurability in the DIC, TPS can be viewed without having to expand it, missing 40 presets option fixed, retains HD radio settings, retains voice prompt settings, improved voice prompt configurability, Siri finally usable legally with addition of voice icon, saved CUE contacts favorites accessible in DIC, handwriting recognition, upgraded climate control app

----------

Your right in your statement there's no promised schedule, for feature updates that's acceptable its the bad buggy software that they fixed a lot of issues in the '14 CUE and leaving us to stew in this crappiness that they conned us into beta testing for them is where they suck

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.