Week old car third time I have had to reset CUE to get bluetooth to work..dealer time
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Week old car third time I have had to reset CUE to get bluetooth to work..dealer time in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; So in the past week, I pair my phone all is great - day later not paired, and cue will ...
    glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

Week old car third time I have had to reset CUE to get bluetooth to work..dealer time

So in the past week, I pair my phone all is great - day later not paired, and cue will not pair with any phone (tried mine, nexus 4, htc one - nothing). Looked it up here and learned how to reset cue. Thought all was well, damn thing did it again. Reset. Two days later same thing. Time to call the dealer for service?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Week old car third time I have had to reset CUE to get bluetooth to work..dealer

Quote Originally Posted by glenroebuck View Post
    So in the past week, I pair my phone all is great - day later not paired, and cue will not pair with any phone (tried mine, nexus 4, htc one - nothing). Looked it up here and learned how to reset cue. Thought all was well, damn thing did it again. Reset. Two days later same thing. Time to call the dealer for service?
    Hello glenroebuck,

I apologize for the phone issue you have been experiencing with your CUE system. I understand how this can be frustrating, especially with your vehicle being so new. I recommend contacting the CUE center at 855-428-3669. Let me know how this goes. We can explore our options for a resolution from there. You can private message us on this forum or reach us by Email at socialmedia@gm.com.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

Re: Week old car third time I have had to reset CUE to get bluetooth to work..dealer

So I called the number and I was told "the phone you have is not on our supported list and is probably causing the issue. Try using another phone." I actually looked up the supported phone list and the Iphone5 is on there but then the list gets screwy. Hardly any current HTC or Motorola phones - one windows phone on the list and it only supports half the features?? Umm Bluetooth is a standard...I know some people on the forums who have windows phones that work just fine with Cue. Mine? seems to "lock up" the bluetooth so it won't pair with any device??? and they are blaming my phone??? I have zero issues on my Passat with every phone I tried, and it synced contacts, voice commands, streamed music etc...

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

don't just reset CUE but RESET cue by blowing out everything, unpair everything delete car from phone and reset everything you can to factory, sometimes CUE gets screwy from test drives and sales people playing with it and a setting or strangers phone might linger in memory messing with yours, your salesperson should have done this for you while you were signing in finance, so you would have a fresh start. this was the first thing i did with my car when i bought it and it helped

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I was told to erase all traces of any phone in the CUE system and to erase all paring info from my phone, and then start from the beginning. Also to name my phone instead of just using the ID number that will popup if you don't. It worked for me using a Windows phone and it worked for me using an Iphone 4S. If you go to factory reset or default you will have some real unusual things happen to your car that you are not expecting. Think of all the personal items that you have set that will be lost. Anyway try my way first and then if that doesn't work go for the total reset. Good luck.

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I was told to erase all traces of any phone in the CUE system and to erase all paring info from my phone, and then start from the beginning. Also to name my phone instead of just using the ID number that will popup if you don't. It worked for me using a Windows phone and it worked for me using an Iphone 4S. If you go to factory reset or default you will have some real unusual things happen to your car that you are not expecting. Think of all the personal items that you have set that will be lost. Anyway try my way first and then if that doesn't work go for the total reset. Good luck.
    true about the lost settings, like i said the salesperson should have done this before delivery and like the title of this post car is a week old, better now then when OP is more moved into CUE. it took me a couple hours to just name all 60 presets

Rick S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Luxury

My iPhone5 would always automatically connect to cue when I started it up. I would get a msg saying cue and phone were connected which would fade out after a sec.
    Until last Friday when I got the cue update. Now I have to go into the cue phone app and select my phone.. Kinda annoying now. I even deleted and re-paired.
    Cue update, no free gas, and no $50 gift card I might add. Grrrr !

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.