CUE Restart with USB
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Restart with USB in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello, I hope this hasn't already been brought up in a previous thread but I'm having issues with the CUE ...
    bigwizzyy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 13' Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Angry CUE Restart with USB

Hello,

I hope this hasn't already been brought up in a previous thread but I'm having issues with the CUE system and any USB or SD Card that is over 8GBs. I've purchased a 32GB Samsung SD card a 16GB HP 2.0 USB drive and a Kingston 32GB USB 3.0 backward compatible drive. It's like the CUE has no issues reading the music since it will play and start indexing the songs for roughly 1-2 minutes before the music will stop and the screen will go black. I've taken it to my local Cadillac dealer and they stated if it's not the format it must be a virus on my drive (like come on guys...). I've been in the IT field for 6 years and I've tried NTFS, FAT32, removing folders within folders and nothing seems to work. Has anyone else run into this situation?

13' Cadillac ATS 2.0T

Thanks,
    Patrick

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

Re: CUE Restart with USB

My 32 GB flash drive worked fine. Just plugged it in.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

I just use SD (USB takes up too much room or is easily bumped) but no problems with the 32GB card I use in the ATS or smaller SD cards I used in a prior vehicle.

Any chance your SD card is a microSD in an adapter? Some of those cause problems in some systems.

I'm not sure if the tech said that a virus was serious. Just starting that kind of rumor is a very bad thing for GM. He is verifying or at least implying that malware is a LIKELY possibility. Where's the cheapest place to buy "Norton for CUE"?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Try calling the CUE infotainment team yet?

855-4CUE-NOW
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Yes I've tried calling CUE support, they scheduled the appointment for me at my local dealership. I just read somewhere that non-printing (non-ascii) characters could cause the drive not to be read but I've grep/searched all files and still nothing to be found. The dealership said my USB drive caused the same issue on another Cadillac (I'm not sure if he did actually test it). I've tried duplicating the music that's on my 8GB drive and renaming the files with "copy" and still is causing the same issue. Just sort of depressing is all, since I've tried 4 different storage devices and each one of them several times with all acceptable formats. It's not like I'm trying to plug in a Terabyte external hard drive or something.

LOL at "Norton for CUE"

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I just use SD (USB takes up too much room or is easily bumped) but no problems with the 32GB card I use in the ATS or smaller SD cards I used in a prior vehicle.

Any chance your SD card is a microSD in an adapter? Some of those cause problems in some systems.

I'm not sure if the tech said that a virus was serious. Just starting that kind of rumor is a very bad thing for GM. He is verifying or at least implying that malware is a LIKELY possibility. Where's the cheapest place to buy "Norton for CUE"?
    Not an microSD card, it's 32GB SDHC Samsung "MB-SPBGC"

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I've been using a 32 gig SD card for several months with no problem. Same with either a 16 or 32 gig usb stick.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

See post #24 http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3416834 I,e, I even used the presently fastest SD card with a size of 64 GB. and as outlined elsewhere by me in that thread I successfully tested CUE with a 128 GB USB3 stick, correctly formatted per CUE requirements. There has to be a problem with your formatting of your USB stick (don't use the usual "native" format for various USB sticks, but the formatting requirements outlined in the CUE manual) or your music files or the specific USB stick you are using. Suggest, you format your USB stick per CUE manual, then create a brand new MP3 song and copy it to the USB stick and try it. If that doesn't work I would get a new USB stick. (Two years ago I had purchased two cheap Duracell ones which sometimes worked in my PC but most of the time it did not, i.e. a poor product. (same with two other PC's even after a re-format, so after a week I chucked them, as their cost was less than the shipping cost/work involved for replacements - no more "special priced ones" for me.). Once you get that working, copy your other songs, i.e. go one step at a time. N.B. As to playlists what works on my PC doesn't necessarily work on CUE, as I have documented elsewhere. The same applies to artwork which doesn't work if imbedded via Nero which I also documented. (The CUE manual is rather deficient on detail requirements for playlists and artwork.) So perhaps just because your present songs may play on your PC, that doesn't necessarily mean they will play via CUE. It may be just one corrupt song and CUE may thus get stuck on that one and not play any. Hence my suggestion to generate a fresh MP3 file and take it one step at a time. Hope this helps. It's a time consuming effort. Believe me, I spend a lot of time to get it all working for me.

Thanks for all the replies guys, it narrows down to a file under one of my folders. I'm not sure exactly what file it is but after removing the entire album it works now with all of the drives I previously tried, it just took a long time to figure it out but I'm excited it's not an issue with my CUE (=

Take care,

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.