Download contacts from phone to CUE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Download contacts from phone to CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Is the a way to download contacts from a phone to the CUE system so you don't have to wait ...
    cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

Angry Download contacts from phone to CUE

Is the a way to download contacts from a phone to the CUE system so you don't have to wait for CUE to reindex your phone every time you want to make a call? I see how you can manually add contacts to the car contact list, but I can't figure out how to download them from the phone into CUE. in my BMWs I was always able to make a call from my contacts right away because the contacts were actually downloaded into Idrive memory.

Not being able to use voice commands to make a call after I start the car is pretty frustrating

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: Download contacts from phone to CUE

Welcome to my nightmare.

I have constantly wait for my contacts to load as well every time I exit/enter the vehicle.

The only way you may possibly, instantly make a call once in the vehicle, is by selecting contacts from the dash control. Using voice, in most cases, is out of the question.

Seems like most times the contacts are available to scroll through prior to being able to access via voice. Others may not have the same problem.

CUE has to cease indexing information and just permanently store it.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I put a Pioneer stereo/NAV with rear back up in my Avalanche and the phone contacts are automatically stored in the radio's memory. When the phone is synced every time I get in the truck, the contacts are there waiting for the phone to sync. This doesn't seem to be high tech stuff.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Here's the thing...

Most any car system will store your phone contacts.

CUE is the first system, that I know of, that somehow takes the inane approach of reindexing contacts and music.

I have complained about this endlessly, as have others on this forum. From past conversations with their engineers it doesn't seem like they were interested in changing the mechanics of how everything works, even though there is flash storage capability inside every CUE system.

I just don't understand why the engineers chose a method of constant reindexing, and why they can't work to do what everyone else has proven to be workable for the past several years.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Here's the thing...

Most any car system will store your phone contacts.

CUE is the first system, that I know of, that somehow takes the inane approach of reindexing contacts and music.

I have complained about this endlessly, as have others on this forum. From past conversations with their engineers it doesn't seem like they were interested in changing the mechanics of how everything works, even though there is flash storage capability inside every CUE system.

I just don't understand why the engineers chose a method of constant reindexing, and why they can't work to do what everyone else has proven to be workable for the past several years.
    The present system is insane, to say the least. There has to be a better way.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.