Google Now / Google Voice Search via the bluetooth connection??
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Google Now / Google Voice Search via the bluetooth connection?? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; i've searched and can't find a clear answer.... does the current software on CUE support this? how do i set ...
    1formula is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Google Now / Google Voice Search via the bluetooth connection??

i've searched and can't find a clear answer.... does the current software on CUE support this? how do i set it up??

it seems that Siri MIGHT be supported for this...

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

donavo is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS RWD 2.0T MANUAL

Re: Google Now / Google Voice Search via the bluetooth connection??

what i tried to do about that so far is mess with an app called tasker. it lets u set certain tasks to do if certain commands are pressed. im trying to figure out a way of how to run google now voice if a certain number is called. like u set up a contact in ur phone called "google" and u assign a number to that contact as 1 lets just say. then u press ur bluetooth steering button and say "call google". it will dial 1 and this will trigger it to go to a task that will take it to google voice. thats one way to do this.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: Google Now / Google Voice Search via the bluetooth connection??

no it doesn't work, Cadillac left it off or forgot, let me explain....

Cadillac says siri works, but it only half works, it seems siri and CUE are aware of each other when siri is activated, and siri is almost a little more pro active in the interest of communicating with someone who is driving, she says different things and acts a little differently.

that said they forgot the button press, so you have to actually touch your phone to activate her.

how it used to work (and still does in CTS and Escalade) is:

1) press wheel button-----> car says something like "ready"
    2) you say "hands free"-----> car says "hands free ready"
    3) you say "voice"-----> car issues a virtual button press to your phone and passes control to it, at this point your talking to your phone not the car

the command 'voice' is the button press, something CUE cannot do, and a glaring omission in a system that's designed to keep your hands on the wheel and drivers ticket free by not playing with their phones.....DOH!!!

this is for all phones not just IOS devices

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.