Home ICON's-Moving Between Screens
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Home ICON's-Moving Between Screens in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I looked through all the pages and saw an icon for Rear Climate. I wanted to move the Pandora icon ...
    Stoofpilot is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Platinum XTS

Home ICON's-Moving Between Screens

I looked through all the pages and saw an icon for Rear Climate. I wanted to move the Pandora icon to the second page and replace it with the Rear Climate icon. What a pain. Held icon down, got in to edit and tried moving the Pandora icon to second page by dragging as they tell you to do.

Works well for moving icons around on page 1 of the main menu but moving to an other page is difficult.

1. Pages moved so fast that it was very difficult together the Pandora icon off the first page and twice as difficult to get the Rear Climate to the first page.

Anyone found an easy way to move them? I spent 30 years in the IT world and a simple list of all icons and the ability to move them up or down the list would be much easier.

Are you listening CUE engineers? Keep it simple stupid always works best.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Home ICON's-Moving Between Screens

Quote Originally Posted by Stoofpilot View Post
    I looked through all the pages and saw an icon for Rear Climate. I wanted to move the Pandora icon to the second page and replace it with the Rear Climate icon. What a pain. Held icon down, got in to edit and tried moving the Pandora icon to second page by dragging as they tell you to do.

Works well for moving icons around on page 1 of the main menu but moving to an other page is difficult.

1. Pages moved so fast that it was very difficult together the Pandora icon off the first page and twice as difficult to get the Rear Climate to the first page.

Anyone found an easy way to move them? I spent 30 years in the IT world and a simple list of all icons and the ability to move them up or down the list would be much easier.

Hello Stoofpilot,

Thank you for your input about the icons for the CUE system. I will definitely document your opinion and pass it along to the correct group. If you think you are having an issue with your CUE system that is making it difficult to move the icons, you can reach out to our CUE specialty team at 855-428-3669. Thank you again for your input. If you have any further questions or concerns, please feel free to private message us.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Theres a rear-climate control button? Where the heck is that? I dont see it..

It's located on page 5 of the icon pages. Just put your finger on any icon to get it in the edit mode then hit the right arrow on the right side of the screen. Keep pressing the arrow and it will scroll through the screens.

Hmm i dont see anything, infact I dont even have 5 pages ? I have two and the first one isnt even full. I have the updated climate icon though..so dunno. Im a Canadian ATS.

Anyone have any idea how I get rear climate?

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by rage2021 View Post
    Anyone have any idea how I get rear climate?
    Buy a car that has that option.

didnt know it was an option..i have 2013 performance AWD.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Not all cars with CUE offer that.

This is one reason the forum has a place for YOU to specify what Cadillac(s) you own. That info is displayed in your posts. That reduces this kind of confusion.

So go add your model to your profile, and also add your location (at least general). Why, because Cadillacs are different in different countries. Also someone might have some information that would be helpful only if you live in a specific area. I often have useful information that is area specific. I never share it if the poster hasn't included their location because it would probably just waste the time of readers.

Submariner409 is offline If it won't run, chrome it
    Automobile(s): 2002.5 F55 STS/65500mi, 2004 Ford F150 SuperCab4x4

So, go into your Profile, Settings and update your "Cadillacs I drive" - then you won't get bum advice for a car you don't own. If you lack the ability to update your profile, ask a Moderator or Admin............. and you hijacked the thread, not Hoosier Daddy.

hambone8 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX AWD Premium

Did you ever get this resolved? I just did a similar thing. There is no reason why this needs to be so difficult. Honestly, dragging icons from page to page... 16 years of IT exp here

Quote Originally Posted by Stoofpilot View Post

I did get all of the icons in a form I wanted as well as moved the icons that I did not want to see moved to the second page but it was painfully and time consuming. If the engineers want drag and drop then they need to make it easier s and more intuitive.

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by hambone8 View Post
    Did you ever get this resolved? I just did a similar thing. There is no reason why this needs to be so difficult. Honestly, dragging icons from page to page... 16 years of IT exp here
    When you drag the icon, just hold it to the right of the page for a couple seconds and it will move to the next page. Hold it to the left side of the page and it will move to the previous page.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.