XM pricing nightmare - buyers beware
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, XM pricing nightmare - buyers beware in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I of course had XM for my XTS Platinum free for the first 3 months expiring Apr 25/13. I then ...
    CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

XM pricing nightmare - buyers beware

I of course had XM for my XTS Platinum free for the first 3 months expiring Apr 25/13. I then received a call in March offering an extension to July 25/13 for C$11.73 (incl. tax) to be debited to my charge card Apr. 25/13 and that on July 25 I would be debited for a further 3 months @ C$47.97 including tax unless I cancelled that arrangement prior to that date. I was debited on Apr. 28. but at an even lower price of only CS11.09. So far so good. In the meantime the traffic service was also available in Canada. See my post under http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ml#post3408761 I then received a call offering the basic service (which I have now) at $143.91 for 12 months before tax (as are all the prices I am stating from now on unless stated otherwise). Saying that I also wanted traffic I was told she couldn't do that and I was to call 1-877-438-9677. She wasn't even able to give me a price, but since I said I first wished to know the price, she now suddenly offered the 12 month service for C$95.94. I still said I wished to first know the total price including traffic, so she said she would call me back. I phoned the number given and was quoted C$57.50 for 3 months without traffic (higher than then C$47.97 I was quoted in March). The price for 3 months with traffic was C$62.94 thus $C5.44 (CS1.81 p.m.) applicable to traffic. He quoted a yearly cost of C$279.57 with traffic, which would be more than the quarterly C$62.94 being CS251.76 p.a. It took a while for him to even acknowledge that the traffic portion per months was around C$1.81, so given the quoted C$95.94 and adding 12 x 1.81 the annual cost with traffic should be less than C$120. He again started to quote those quarterly prices and tried to confuse me with the aspect of the needed addition of taxes. I told him that until the company comes up with reasonable prices and also reasonable in line with US pricing that make sense rather than those many varied ones, I was not interested in dealing with such a company and he should ensure my account was closed effected July 25th. He couldn't do that and transferred me to a "retention" centre. Before being able to cancel I had to again go through the whole issue and after being put on hold I was eventually offered a yearly price with traffic of C$166,42 with tax which amounts to C$147.29 ex tax or basically some C$30 more than what it should be based on those other quoted prices. Nevertheless, I was almost willing to bite the bullet and to go ahead with that but was then told that yearly service would expire on June 25/14 not July, thus loosing a month. That was the last straw, so I told him to cancel my service effective July 25/13. I am listening to my own music most of the time anyway. Traffic would have been nice, but for my planned trip to California and all over the US I still can also attach my Garmin GPS which has life-long maps and traffic updates and is still better than the CUE navigation system anyway.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Re: XM pricing nightmare - buyers beware

Yeah I was wondering about that Garmin has the traffic thing built in already for free right? How is it? Like why does Sirius XM even charge for the traffic feature I think they should just include it..

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Only used the Garmin on one trip to the Eastern Seaboard so far (before I had the XTS) and it worked great including traffic, except once, when an accident was reported some 5 miles from where it happened. Obviously a wrong input as to Longitude and Latitude by whoever inputs such. (Police ?) The hardware is on my nuvi 3590 LMT included as a piece of hardware in the cord which connects from the cigarette lighter to the GPS, i.e. not imbedded in the unit itself. So that unfortunately requires that special piece of hardware to be on your dash with access to the sky. Note not every Garmin has free "lifetime" traffic or maps and you pay more for the unit to get such. L = Lifetime. M = maps (updates are 4 times a year) T = traffic. But except for the cost at the outset, there is no fee whatsoever after the purchase. I'm not holding my breath for free map updates from GM. Was rather expensive for my previous STS. As indicated in my original post my objection was which their total price structure being all over the road and the method of offering extensions of only a partial service. Once they manage to straighten that out I might be interested in that service, providing pre-tax prices in Canada are basically in line with US prices and of course reasonable.
    BTW, that Lady phoned back and I relayed my total experience to her, telling her I was not interested until they straighten out their price structure and service. She said she would be informing her supervisor and I said that I posted all this on this forum and she should inform her supervisor also of that fact.

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

thanks man Im with you CDN customer as well..doesnt make sense that the pricing is off-market..cant argue transportation costs or cost of doing business lol.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.