2014 ATS's, Any Difference W/CUE?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, 2014 ATS's, Any Difference W/CUE? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; As we all await to hear something regarding a CUE update, with bug fixes, & extra features (an app store ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    As we all await to hear something regarding a CUE update, with bug fixes, & extra features (an app store is well overdue!) I'm wondering if the 2014 models have anything different in regards to CUE?..
    I've read at least one person stating that he received his 2014 ATS just recently, so with that in mind, anything different?

If you have a 2014, could you please post your software #'s (under settings).

Thanks

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: 2014 ATS's, Any Difference W/CUE?

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    As we all await to hear something regarding a CUE update, with bug fixes, & extra features (an app store is well overdue!) I'm wondering if the 2014 models have anything different in regards to CUE?..
    I've read at least one person stating that he received his 2014 ATS just recently, so with that in mind, anything different?

If you have a 2014, could you please post your software #'s (under settings).

Thanks
    2 types of frameless mirror auto dimming and static, no buttons

cue is updated, software version 21341811 - nav / 23141813 - non nav

climate app in cue now has on screen temp controls

onstar nav app is called 'onstar nav' and its compass works

new options for CUE's voice response, and voice prompts

updated DIC, new graphics for TPS and sport/snow mode and new selectable item 'maintenance due'

new vehicle speed display option for center screen in DIC

sport mode/snow mode now persistant

hopefully this bodes well for an update soon for us beta testers of 9 month old or newer 2013 ATS', fingers crossed
    MotoDC likes this.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee View Post
    2 types of frameless mirror auto dimming and static, no buttons

cue is updated, software version 21341811 - nav / 23141813 - non nav

climate app in cue now has on screen temp controls

onstar nav app is called 'onstar nav' and its compass works

new options for CUE's voice response, and voice prompts

updated DIC, new graphics for TPS and sport/snow mode and new selectable item 'maintenance due'

new vehicle speed display option for center screen in DIC

sport mode/snow mode now persistant

hopefully this bodes well for an update soon for us beta testers of 9 month old or newer 2013 ATS', fingers crossed
    are you quoting a 2014 CUE? Would the 2014 include a hardware update or a firmware/software update of the 2013 CUE? As to quoted software versions, my 2013 STX Platinum - build Jan/13 had software 23124322 and after updates has 23150273 with seems to be newer than the by you quoted 21341811 (probably should read 23141811 - still below my present #), unless that is a "really" new (hardware-wise) 2014 CUE with a totally new software numbering system, in which case probably with software not functioning on a 2013 CUE.

Attachment 124138Attachment 124146Attachment 124154Attachment 124162Attachment 124170Attachment 124178Attachment 124186

these off a brand new 2014 ATS, and yes i transposed the 3 and 1

in the sport mode pic it was already in sport mode when i started the car

notice the red and blue arrows in the climate app

M5eater is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD FE3

interesting, my screens look nothing like this. how did you bring up the service screen? Did this replace the OLM percentage?

my cue version is 23150273 , I would have thought higher ID= more recent versions. You know, like sane software manufacturers.

Quote Originally Posted by M5eater View Post
    interesting, my screens look nothing like this. how did you bring up the service screen? Did this replace the OLM percentage?

my cue version is 23150273 , I would have thought higher ID= more recent versions. You know, like sane software manufacturers.
    lol.....i have no clue about their numbering, maybe they're working their way down to zero

i went into the DIC options and checked every box, and they added a miles to go for service it can be displayed on either side screen and they added vehicle speed to the center screen now they can display speed on all 3 screens at once ......you know what? i didn't think to look for OLM

I went through my DIC last night. definitally no page like yours, and the TPM system has a car facing the correct way instead of sideways (which is confusing until you stare at it)

I went through my DIC last night. definitally no page like yours, and the TPM system has a car facing the correct way instead of sideways (which is confusing until you stare at it)
    my '13 car has the sideways TPM, this '14 has the up and down are you saying your '13 has the up and down TPM (nose facing up)?

All this makes me think that the 2014 CUE differs from the 2013 CUE and most likely, software differs too and software for the 2014 CUE may not be compatible with the 2013 CUE, so us users of CUE 2013 may or may no longer be in in the same priority for fixes as 2014 users. Hope I'm wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    All this makes me think that the 2014 CUE differs from the 2013 CUE and most likely, software differs too and software for the 2014 CUE may not be compatible with the 2013 CUE, so us users of CUE 2013 may or may no longer be in in the same priority for fixes as 2014 users. Hope I'm wrong.
    That's not what's happened here.

CUE, all have the exact same hardware. All CUE systems use the exact same base software.
    The 'changes' above, will reflect in any car that receives the update. These changes are exactly why GM made CUE.

tested the '14 the 3 options in the voice settings to cut down prompt, response, and confirmation really cut her down, her lectures go away or are cut short her wording is more curt, and with no confirmation voice commands are more responsive when set it up this way

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Does the new '14 software allow to connect to Siri directly from the steering wheel and use other 'Eyes Free' features?

That's not what's happened here.

CUE, all have the exact same hardware. All CUE systems use the exact same base software.
    The 'changes' above, will reflect in any car that receives the update. These changes are exactly why GM made CUE.
    If that is the case, then the software numbering system is difficult to understand. So far the numbers went up with each update, but based on your quoted number it has now gone down. In my case from 23124322 to 23150273 to yours on the 2014 being 23141811 (NAV). My Gracenote and Map # never changed so far from 22993544 und 22993553 respectively.
    Is there anyone with a further software update to a 2013 car to confirm the software number issue and of course that such update works for a 2013 car?

wongluk is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T 6spd
    Anyone try to get their dealers to flash the 2014 version for their 2013 ATS?

sent from cell phone

ht613 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    How do I update the software version for my 2013 cue? Can I do it myself?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.