Any reason why voice prompt keeps switching back to LONG?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Any reason why voice prompt keeps switching back to LONG? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Every time I go into settings and specify that I want the voice prompt to use the SHORT command instead ...
    NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Any reason why voice prompt keeps switching back to LONG?

Every time I go into settings and specify that I want the voice prompt
    to use the SHORT command instead of the LONG, it seems to switch back
    to the LONG within a couple days.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Re: Any reason why voice prompt keeps switching back to LONG?

mine does this too, it's infuriating, especially if you suffer through the long indexing times

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

Mine does this too. It's beyond annoying at this point. I started out kind of liking it but the more I've used it use it the more I dislike it. I should have known better with new tech, but didn't dream it would be this half baked and really thought they would have frequent updates to fix problems. Was I ever wrong. Not sure the one update I got really fixed anything. Very disappointing.

On the bright side, Pandora actually works well for me.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I have the same problem but if I use the left hand voice button to silence her then it stops that long insult to our intelligence. I wonder when they tech guys wrote that lecture did they not consider what it sounded like for one hundredth time? How about a no prompt option with only "Input not understood"?

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

I have the same issue with my updated SRX

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hmmm, sounds like another software glitch...

How many of you have reported this to your dealer?

Quote Originally Posted by cadillacricket View Post
    Hmmm, sounds like another software glitch...

How many of you have reported this to your dealer?
    the dealers can't help, they're waiting for the update too, anyone notice how slow the cue segment of the forum is , it's because this situation sucks so bad, and we've been worn down. I want to applaud Cadillacs presence here and it's not their fault, but I don't see how they even help. the cue helpline can't help either all they say is go to the dealer, which takes us back full circle. voice doesn't work, stopped using it, iPod doesn't work stopped using that, AM/FM can't handle HD stopped using that, Bluetooth works great only real way to get at your music effectively, problem is Bluetooth dies when you plug your phone in so despite having 3 USB ports I have to use a cigarette lighter charger in order to listen to stuff the only way that works well. and through all this we get to watch commercials showing us how the Chevy sonic does it better, and we still have to grab our phone risking a ticket to avoid the radio being locked up for an hour indexing. This is the CADILLAC USER EXPERIENCE, so far the experience part has been bad

I am attempting to personally contact the engineering team to make certain that this problem is addressed in the next update.

I will let you know if I hear anything.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

My wife and I are narrowing down the items that we routinely use in CUE and eventually we will be down to Nav and radio/music/phones. The rest of CUE is so tedious and requires so much effort to use that it is dangerous. I thought that using the menu in the DIC would be safer and more efficient but the EYE time required is the same just not the head turning to use the screen. I cannot foresee a "Fix" that will correct this mess because it looks like the initial architecture is poorly designed and small incremental changes will not help. I can dream of a "Box" swap where the entire CUE system is replaced with a new unit that has major changes in design but I think that will be in the 2015 new model cars and not an update to ours.

Okay...

Have received a response from the engineering team and this is a problem that they have identified and finding a fix for.
    CDN XTS and Chris Shillinger like this.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Okay...

Have received a response from the engineering team and this is a problem that they have identified and finding a fix for.
    Just an FYI, my dealer found a new update for CUE, uploaded it to mine and fixed this, so happy now, i brought it to their attention when a loaner XTS they gave me didn't have this problem, my version number stayed the same though

Wow...wonder why no announcement was made about this update to everyone else?

Guess I have to call my dealer now to find out if a CUE update is available.

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Wow...wonder why no announcement was made about this update to everyone else?

Guess I have to call my dealer now to find out if a CUE update is available.
    when i brought this to my dealers attention they found a TSB for it, and uploaded something, my 60 presets were blown out which SUUUUCCCKKKSSS!!!! but its a small price to pay to keep from getting lectured by my car just because i have nice music collection. now all she says when i try to make a phone call is "media device initializing", beep....so nice, and like i said software version stayed the same so this was probably some patch or my initial update went wrong somehow and re-doing it fixed it, i don't know yet because i havent gotten my paperwork, theyre still working on my parcel shelf rattle.

matthayes3741 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX-4 Premium
    Can you get the TSB number so we can provide it to our dealerships?

whatever they uploaded didn't fix it it's back it just takes a day or two to revert to long at first I thought it was my wife's key that was doing it after the update, but it's not

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.