Any reason why voice prompt keeps switching back to LONG? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Any reason why voice prompt keeps switching back to LONG? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Wookiee, I changed the voice prompt setting on my BB from normal to off. I've been wondering if our phone ...
    GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Re: Any reason why voice prompt keeps switching back to LONG?

Wookiee, I changed the voice prompt setting on my BB from normal to off. I've been wondering if our phone settings are overiding CUE. I'll let you know if mine returns but is held since Saturday so 3 days but not much driving during that time.

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by GJB View Post
    Wookiee, I changed the voice prompt setting on my BB from normal to off. I've been wondering if our phone settings are overiding CUE. I'll let you know if mine returns but is held since Saturday so 3 days but not much driving during that time.
    that sounds, like a good avenue to look into, unfortunately SIRI has no such option Shes either on or off, the only thing you can change in her behavior is voice prompt always on or paired device only which wont help...i may have to go android, .... how does pandora work with your BB?

GJB
    GJB is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 3.6 Premium

Wook I do not use pandora with my BB because its provided by my work. Oh and my theory....bust it went back to long on me yesterday.

flycaster is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Brought the car in today for some updates and pointed out the long reply issue to my SA. He asked me under which setting did this occur...appeared he didn't know about it. I pointed out (by actual demonstration) that my biggest problem was with Navigation. When I get the car back, I'll report on the "fix."

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

started using a cig lighter USB charger to avoid contact with my phone and car and so far from last night to this morning it's stayed put, what bugs me is the same radio in an XTS loaner i had when my turbo was being replaced didnt have this problem.

flycaster is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

OK, I may have goofed and I'm quit embarrassed that when the SA checked out my Long/Short setting, it was on Long. But all is not lost as he reset it to Short (which it may have been on and then reverted to Long), and now if it reverts to Long I will have proof of this glitch. But then again, the dealer probably wouldn't be able to do a fix as he needs Caddy to send a software fix, which apparently isn't yet available. Nonetheless, stay tuned...

Back to Long...as expected. Caddy. how about the fix? Should be easy enough to do.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

So, the latest is that there is no new software update to fix this glitch?

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

Ggoing to bump this to see if anyone has had luck with a fix. I am having the same issue with reverting back to long.

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

CUE info line techs are of no use at all. They have apparently never heard of this problem and there is nothing in their dealership database that shows anyone reporting this issue. What good does it do to have this team together when they can't even find info on a pretty widespread problem? I find it pretty hard to believe they don't have anything documented on this.

"system error" on startup is not an issue they say unless it won't go away. "Just live with it" is the answer they say (not the exact words)

We have several Cadillac reps on this forum. why wouldn't they put one of their "CUE" techs on here as well to start proactively looking at some of the issues people are having and possibly answer some threads and questions or offer possible solutions?

So my question to the Cadillac reps that are here. What would it take to get something like that done? Kind of ridiculous to call in for a pretty common CUE issue and be told "never heard of it"

nightracerx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD

I have the same problem with my 2013 Cadillac SRX. It's very frustrating, I have oil change scheduled in the next two weeks and I will bring it up at the dealership.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    CUE info line techs are of no use at all. They have apparently never heard of this problem and there is nothing in their dealership database that shows anyone reporting this issue. What good does it do to have this team together when they can't even find info on a pretty widespread problem? I find it pretty hard to believe they don't have anything documented on this.

"system error" on startup is not an issue they say unless it won't go away. "Just live with it" is the answer they say (not the exact words)

We have several Cadillac reps on this forum. why wouldn't they put one of their "CUE" techs on here as well to start proactively looking at some of the issues people are having and possibly answer some threads and questions or offer possible solutions?

So my question to the Cadillac reps that are here. What would it take to get something like that done? Kind of ridiculous to call in for a pretty common CUE issue and be told "never heard of it"
    Hello carpenter,

I apologize you are frustrated due to your current situation. Have you tried contacting the CUE support team recently? Unfortunately, we do not have information pertaining to CUE technicians. If you would like to further discuss your concerns, please feel free to send us a private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by nightracerx View Post
    I have the same problem with my 2013 Cadillac SRX. It's very frustrating, I have oil change scheduled in the next two weeks and I will bring it up at the dealership.
    Hi nightracerx,

If you would like to further discuss this and have my involvement while working with your dealer, please let me know. I can be reached via private message and I am more than happy to assist the best I can.

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

nightracerx is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac SRX Performance AWD

Just got back from the dealer on the oil change. Dealer inspected the unit and found it to be odd that it is doing that jumping back to "long" prompt after restart, I'm also running the latest version of software, so it could be a hardware problem or unresolved software problem. They ordered a new unit for me that will arrive next week and install it, it should solve the problem. My CUE LCD screen also rattles like crazy when I go over bumps on the road so replacing the unit will most likely solve that problem as well.

skyy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS
    I'm having the same problem. Have isolated that it seems to occur if you start from the key.

JoeGrapes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4

Yes my XTS does the same. I don't use the voice much but I have set it to short and the next time I use it it's back to long. I'm sure it's a software glitch. I just shrug my shoulders and say the hell with it.

torkibe is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6

Quote Originally Posted by skyy View Post
    I'm having the same problem. Have isolated that it seems to occur if you start from the key.
    This is an interesting theory. I am going to test this.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.