What can cause the map display to change from the original setting?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, What can cause the map display to change from the original setting? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I cannot figure out why my map display reverts to 3D when I have set it for heads up view. ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

What can cause the map display to change from the original setting?

I cannot figure out why my map display reverts to 3D when I have set it for heads up view. Is there a touch screen function that will change the mode without me actually doing so? I know that if you touch the screen while in the NAV mode the "Reset" button appears to allow you to go back to the original view but I can't figure this one out. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: What can cause the map display to change from the original setting?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I cannot figure out why my map display reverts to 3D when I have set it for heads up view. Is there a touch screen function that will change the mode without me actually doing so? I know that if you touch the screen while in the NAV mode the "Reset" button appears to allow you to go back to the original view but I can't figure this one out. Any ideas?
    Yes, with the map displayed, every time you touch the nav icon at the top (or you get close and CUE thinks you touched it) the map type will change.

It's beginning to come back to me that someone else had mentioned that issue before. I appreciate the info. I cannot think why they would have created that system but I can live with it.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Yes, with the map displayed, every time you touch the nav icon at the top (or you get close and CUE thinks you touched it) the map type will change.
    How interesting. Didn't know it, but I think it is a good idea as it reduces the steps needed when one wants to quickly change the map mode.

I figure that when its time to trade in my SRX I will have learned about half of the things that CUE can do.

Johnfran is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS Premium

Great to find this shortcut to change map view.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.