is anyone else's post update CUE slowing down?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By pissedoffwookiee
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, is anyone else's post update CUE slowing down? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; is anyone else's post update CUE slowing down? I'm sure I could fix with a complete reset but I don't ...
    pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

is anyone else's post update CUE slowing down?

is anyone else's post update CUE slowing down? I'm sure I could fix with a complete reset but I don't want to redo all of the setting up and presets again.

this is so disappointing.

another thing, CUE loses its mind when both my wife and I are charging our iPhones (both iPhone 5)

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: is anyone else's post update CUE slowing down?

responsiveness has slowed slightly post the initial queue update. It appears to be back at almost pre-update sluggishness... As for the iPhone 5, i have been having issues with the system actually rebooting itself. I have been doing some testing and i think it has something to do with bluetooth and the iPhone 5 when paired with the system. I have not been able to replicate the issue with an iPhone 4s.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Really can't tell. Had the car updated when I got it. However, response always seems too slow...

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

after using the new intellilink GMC's 2014 version of CUE yesterday upon getting back to my car I finally gave up in disgust at how sucky mine was compared to the new CUE, so I blew it out. reset vehicle, radio, and personal data, seems to work better, but I'm not happy about having to do that because, now I'm just not motivated and afraid to setup and rename the 50 presets I had, for fear of having to just do it again. this is on top of the fact that either I illegally don't use it for phone, mainly because of the iPhone/voice prompt problem or I don't plug in the phone so that I can make calls, but even then it never understands me. my wife thinks CUE is annoying and stupid, especially since whenever she drives the car she has to reboot CUE and her phone to get pandora working with her identical iPhone as mine. WHY DID I GIVE CADILLAC $1350 TO BETA TEST THIS PIECE OF CRAP. I'm sad to say KIA UVO is better, yep Kia!!!!!!!!!! better than cadillac, and I'm insulted that the same companies pick-up truck is better than cadillac, yep GMC!!!!!!!!! better than cadillac, if this doesn't get fixed soon, I'm going to be really bummed every time I hand over my payment over the next 34 months. I guess the silver lining is it is a lease, so I'm not welded to this car.
    Lmanaro likes this.

FormerBenz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS4 PLATINUM

Yes, VERY slow post-update. Takes CUE a while to catch up with input - even when changing radio stations within the same band. My gut insitinct is that this thing needs a faster CPU. CUE is doing a lot of stuff and I believe it is using an ARM CPU. Probably need a quad core Intel i7 in this thing.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

According to what i read (cant' remember where) that the actual hardware has a considerable amount of extra horsepower (processor speed and capacity) built in to accommodate future upgrades in technology, etc. I say "turn up the volume" NOW! Screw waiting, by the time GM gets around to releasing new features I will be in another vehicle anyway!

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    According to what i read (cant' remember where) that the actual hardware has a considerable amount of extra horsepower (processor speed and capacity) built in to accommodate future upgrades in technology, etc. I say "turn up the volume" NOW! Screw waiting, by the time GM gets around to releasing new features I will be in another vehicle anyway!
    Reminds me a little of:

http://www.dilbert.com/2013-06-13/

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    Quote Originally Posted by pissedoffwookiee
    is anyone else's post update CUE slowing down? I'm sure I could fix with a complete reset but I don't want to redo all of the setting up and presets again.

this is so disappointing.

another thing, CUE loses its mind when both my wife and I are charging our iPhones (both iPhone 5)
    Hi... Please post your current firmware so it will be easier to keep track of what version is giving these issues.... So in three to six months from now when someone stumbles across this thread they can check their firmware against it.

Mine is;

CUE Firmware; 23150273
    CUE Gracenote; 22993544

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.