Navigation points of interest auto update?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Navigation points of interest auto update? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Just curious if the navigation in Cue auto updates as your driving for points of interest. For example, if while ...
    Blk99vett is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Navigation points of interest auto update?

Just curious if the navigation in Cue auto updates as your driving for points of interest. For example, if while driving on the interstate and we want to find restaurants at upcoming exits. It seems that if we pass a certain exit, the NAV never updates...it just keeps showing those POI getting farther and farther behind us. It never refreshes to show us what may be coming up in front of us. Is this normal? Our old Garmin would constantly update and show us upcoming POI's as well as any we decided to simply pass while driving. The only way we can find out what's coming in front of us is to start another search. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. We have a ATS with the Cue and NAV package.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Re: Navigation points of interest auto update?

Quote Originally Posted by Blk99vett View Post
    Just curious if the navigation in Cue auto updates as your driving for points of interest. For example, if while driving on the interstate and we want to find restaurants at upcoming exits. It seems that if we pass a certain exit, the NAV never updates...it just keeps showing those POI getting farther and farther behind us. It never refreshes to show us what may be coming up in front of us. Is this normal? Our old Garmin would constantly update and show us upcoming POI's as well as any we decided to simply pass while driving. The only way we can find out what's coming in front of us is to start another search. Any help or insight would be greatly appreciated. We have a ATS with the Cue and NAV package.
    Hello Blk99vett,

I am sorry you are experiencing this issue with your CUE navigation system and I wanted to let you know I am documenting your concern. I understand how it can be frustrating when comparing to a previous system that operated how you wanted. If you have any questions you would like to further discuss, please feel free to reach out to us via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

great question to point at the CUE Team 1-855-4CUE-NOW

please post back their response/resolution
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

I noticed something pretty cool last night, (im a new owner) I was driving on the highway and got a pop-up for construction ahead..anyone else notice this? Pretty cool, how can I
    configure this and check the settings on it? wonder what else it has.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rage2021 View Post
    I noticed something pretty cool last night, (im a new owner) I was driving on the highway and got a pop-up for construction ahead..anyone else notice this? Pretty cool, how can I
    Hello rage2021,

That does sound pretty cool to me also. Cadillac vehicles offer some great features. Congrats on your vehicle, which model do you have?

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

I have a 2.0 T AWD, black diamond tricoat performance pkg /w nav.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Those come from the Satellite radio service.

Anyone see the idiot at Edmunds slam the ATS (rather than Satellite) because he was annoyed by the surf warnings.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Those come from the Satellite radio service.

Anyone see the idiot at Edmunds slam the ATS (rather than Satellite) because he was annoyed by the surf warnings.
    Satellite radio? you mean Sirius XM radio?

Satellite radio? you mean Sirius XM radio?
    If you weren't aware Sirius XM is via satellite.

Oh didnt know they included traffic alerts and such, thats pretty cool

Oh didnt know they included traffic alerts and such, thats pretty cool
    Cool, unless you are an idiot writing for Edmunds.

Anyone who hasn't been following their ongoing test drive posts should check them out. Many are side splittingly funny. Just some highlights:

They didn't like the driver awareness warnings (translation: they tailgate and never signal when changing lanes). So their solution was to snip the wires to the seat vibrators. I guess turning the warnings off was too intellectual for them.

I already mentioned they blamed the car instead of satellite service for making life unbearable with surf warnings.

They complained about the effort of downshifts involving pulling the manual transmission lever straight back. They implied that downshifts are accomplished by pulling back on the lever and upshifts by pushing forward on the lever. But there is NEVER a time when you downshift by pulling the lever straight back. Neither is there a time when you make an upshift by pushing the lever straight forward. Half of downshifts are pushing the lever straight FORWARD and half of the upshifts are pulling the lever straight back. The rest (shifting up or down) involve 3 movements, an up or down followed by a sideways followed by another up or down.

Guess thats why reviews are subjective..all I can say is im blown away by this car..just the light show at night and all the little touches. it really has the total package with some amazing tech to boot

----------

man sucks XM radio is like $20/mnth here in Canada? I would consider it for 10..

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    Cool, unless you are an idiot writing for Edmunds.

Anyone who hasn't been following their ongoing test drive posts should check them out. Many are side splittingly funny. Just some highlights:

They didn't like the driver awareness warnings (translation: they tailgate and never signal when changing lanes). So their solution was to snip the wires to the seat vibrators. I guess turning the warnings off was too intellectual for them.

I already mentioned they blamed the car instead of satellite service for making life unbearable with surf warnings.

They complained about the effort of downshifts involving pulling the manual transmission lever straight back. They implied that downshifts are accomplished by pulling back on the lever and upshifts by pushing forward on the lever. But there is NEVER a time when you downshift by pulling the lever straight back. Neither is there a time when you make an upshift by pushing the lever straight forward. Half of downshifts are pushing the lever straight FORWARD and half of the upshifts are pulling the lever straight back. The rest (shifting up or down) involve 3 movements, an up or down followed by a sideways followed by another up or down.
    You do realize they were talking about manually shifting the AUTOMATIC transmission don't you? There's even a picture of what they were talking about.

I'm pissed that Caddy decided to make the shifting backwards though: all race cars with sequential trannies have a downshift as a FORWARD PUSH and upshifting as a REARWARD PULL.

Linda in JAX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS 2013 Platinum Black Diamond

The traffic warnings are part of the Sirius XM package - but after the free trial that comes with your new Caddy, you have to pay for Sirius and you'd have to pick the package that includes the traffic notifications. So, extra charges for that feature. Depending on where you live and commute it might or might not be worth the cost.

Quote Originally Posted by Linda in JAX View Post
    The traffic warnings are part of the Sirius XM package - but after the free trial that comes with your new Caddy, you have to pay for Sirius and you'd have to pick the package that includes the traffic notifications. So, extra charges for that feature. Depending on where you live and commute it might or might not be worth the cost.
    I just let the XM expire. I never listened to any of the stations and assumed they had no traffic/construction coverage for Arizona because I never saw or heard a single warning until the last week of the trial when it made a useless announcement telling me an entrance on the opposite side of a freeway I was on was closed. And even that pointless announcement didn't occur until I was already beside a pile of cars (yes, actually on top of each other) causing the closure in the opposite direction of travel.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.