CUE is clewless - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
Like Tree3Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE is clewless in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Same here. Want to hear a song by Jackson Five and it responds "Tune to XM 25"...
    NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Re: CUE is clewless

Same here.

Want to hear a song by Jackson Five and it responds "Tune to XM 25"

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    Same here.

Want to hear a song by Jackson Five and it responds "Tune to XM 25"
    I kinda wish, they would give up on the natural language speech and focus on perfecting the basics, the CTS and Escalade voice command systems are rock solid and do what you want, i believe this to be the curated list of commands, giving the machine certainty (either its said correctly or its not) making this so. as a side note, google voice search and Siri use their datacenters to bring major major power to bear onto what we say which explains the decent result, no way CUE's processor could ever be as good at deciding what we are asking, but i'm know CUE is way more powerfull than the CTS and Escalade, so it seems to me giving up natural language would go a long way towards improving the experience.

austin is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): ~2011 CTS-V Coupe & 2013 SRX~
    What I don't understand is a how a company with zero Experiance like TESLA, that has been making electric cars for about two years can come out with amazing iPad-like central navigation system the totally blows CUE away in every regard including screen size.

https://www.google.com/search?q=tesl...iw=320&bih=356
    Attached Images

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Quote Originally Posted by austin View Post
    What I don't understand is a how a company with zero Experiance like TESLlA, that has been making electric cars for about two years can come out with amazing iPad-like central navigation system the totally blows CUE away in every regard including screen size.
    http://hbr.org/2013/05/why-the-lean-...ges-everything
    that might explain it (at least some)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

'12CTSman is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 SRX AWD Premium

CUE needs a major update. I came from the infamous Ford Sync and MyTouch in my '13 SHO and that system is way better than CUE, especially the navigation system. Hopefully, Cadillac will get the bugs worked out and Consumer Reports will once again recommend the SRX.

mbk2010 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS4 2.0T Premium

I've had my ATS Premium for almost a month now, having traded in my 2009 CTS. I have found the whole CUE experience to be both frustrating and disappointing on many levels.
    The worst part of the center stack on the CTS was the GPS, which frankly sucked. I found the free Google navigation on my smartphone to be better on every level.
    Otherwise, I found it to be intuitive in most respects and not a distraction while driving. I had hoped that 4 years later the ATS would be a great improvement, sadly it's not.
    I get the feeling that GM wanted to give you the iPad experience on your dash. The problem is that while you're staring at your tablet's screen to find an app, you're not doing 75!!
    The GPS is prettier, but it's still sluggish, hard to use on the fly and the XM traffic still sucks. I still find that using my smartphone much easier and more accurate.
    Not only that but using Tunein gives me far superior reception. Perhaps it would have been better to use something like Entune, where the infotainment works in harmony
    with your smartphone. And it would be much more cost effective. But if GM wants a real high end system, they should look towards Audi, I test drove an A7 and it was lights better
    than CUE!

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Yesterday my wife and I went to a dinner party in Atlanta and as we normally do put the address into the NAV system just for a reference. We were under way with me driving and my wife inserting the data for the destination. She is right handed and had to do everything with her left hand so that could be the cause of some of her difficulty but CUE is a monster when you really need it. If any of you have tried to use the touch screen while driving on a bumpy road then you know that mistakes are common. When she tried to enter the address in the address box and got a number wrong the red "X" at the top right of the box that we all know is the delete-the-last-entry button routinely deleted the entire entry. Over and over again this happened. Finally I used voice NAV commands using "Address". I spoke clearly and normally and every single time CUE responded with the correct numbers plus the number "1". Over and over it did the same thing. The last digit in the address was "Four" which has no lingering syllable to be confused with the number one. Also, when we finally got the number in correctly the street name had two words in it and every time we entered it the second street name became the city. I finally pushed the blue OnStar button and they down loaded it to our NAV in about one minute. Folks, this a piece of junk. I'm sorry to be negative but this thing is almost useless. I still love the car and enjoy driving it but wish I had the opportunity to have it without CUE. My wife had a hard time keeping her little finger from touching the radio volume slide while trying to use the touch screen and the radio volume bar would appear on the screen. Also, the "Exit" button is so close to the red "X" that half the time she would exit the program by mistake. Oh, and ONE time the red "X" actually only erased one number instead of the entire string of numbers. Have any of you had similar problems? I think we have been had and that there will not be a fix for us but the next gen will get the "Updated" system.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

As far as navigation is concerned, the problem I have
    is that it won't find some addresses in its database. It
    also takes considerably longer to load than it should when
    getting in the vehicle and wanting to input an address.

I have a leased vehicle and I am trying to unload it.

I hate CUE that much.

Going to talk to the dealer first (for which I know I will
    get nowhere) and then see if I can simply unload it online.

I do sympathize and understand the complaints. I will give
    credit to the folks from GM for trying to make me happy, but
    in the end, I have to drive this vehicle and put up with the
    bugginess of this technology. Should never have been put in
    a Cadillac vehicle.

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    ..... Finally I used voice NAV commands using "Address". I spoke clearly and normally and every single time CUE responded with the correct numbers plus the number "1". Over and over it did the same thing. The last digit in the address was "Four" which has no lingering syllable to be confused with the number one.
    Mine is doing the same thing basically. It's adding numbers to the end of addresses which no rational reason why. It's not just me; I have a speech therapist in the family and it does the same thing no matter how precisely the address is spoken or how fast it is spoken. And CUE Navigation can not understand some words at all. For example, I wanted directions to a Restaurant called Ajo Al's (Ajo is pronounced ah-hoe). No matter who said the name or how they said it (4 different people) it would ask if we meant Taco Bell. It's almost like it doesn't hear consonants. All attempts were made in a parked car with windows up and no audible background noise. So I gave up using voice commands for navigation.

I don't seem to have problems with voice commands in audio or at least not enough to be memorable. I take that back. CUE did have an attention span issue when I asked it to play S&G's "A Simple Desultory Philippic or How I was Robert McNamara'd Into Submission" but I cut it some slack on that one.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post

I have a leased vehicle and I am trying to unload it.

I hate CUE that much.

Going to talk to the dealer first (for which I know I will
    get nowhere) and then see if I can simply unload it online.
    Mine is purchased, however I fully agree with your assessment here. I've actually tried to sell mine with little interest from people.
    I feel CUE is THAT bad!..
    It was marketed with many options we still don't have, navigation that is subpar to say the least, and less options than the lesser priced Mylink system that seems to keep getting better..

I've seriously considered removing it and putting in an aftermarket radio, however the amount I paid for CUE and it being required to modify different car parameters have made this not very feasible, so I'm pretty much stuck with it. Which is unfortunate, because the rest of the car is pretty fantastic!..
    It's too bad too because admittedly CUE (or the techie side of the car) was a BIG reason for me choosing the ATS.

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I traded in my 2011 SRX to get the better engine and CUE. Boy is that a screw up. I know we all sort of drift in to a state of complacency and we just do not put out the effort any longer on the parts that do not work very well. Like my cell phone works very well and has from the beginning. Radio works well too if you know the frequency to ask for. I have even gotten used to the center stack and the climate controls but the NAV and voice commands connected to it are just impossible to use with any certainty. I am not usually a quitter on anything that I care about so I will continue to complain until Cadillac offers a fix. I believe it will take a major overhaul to get this thing right and not another update. GM must be aware that those of us who are displeased with CUE will probably never return to Cadillac if there is no resolution.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.