Turn off "caution" voice alerts?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Turn off "caution" voice alerts? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; How do I turn off the voice alerts like "caution, road construction / narrow lanes / etc?" Navigation > menu ...
    Mister S. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Current: 2013 XTS, Previous: 2008 Escalade

Question Turn off "caution" voice alerts?

How do I turn off the voice alerts like "caution, road construction / narrow lanes / etc?" Navigation > menu > 'voice prompts off' does not turn these messages off. This is for the turn by turn directions I'm assuming. Any ideas?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Re: Turn off "caution" voice alerts?

Quote Originally Posted by Mister S. View Post
    How do I turn off the voice alerts like "caution, road construction / narrow lanes / etc?" Navigation > menu > 'voice prompts off' does not turn these messages off. This is for the turn by turn directions I'm assuming. Any ideas?
    I don't know how to turn them off but FWIW those must be coming from the satellite radio service which might help you narrow your search.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Mister S,

I apologize that turning the voice prompts off isn’t working from the menu. Here is the number for our Infotainment team who would be best equipped to handle your question: 855-478-7767. They are open 8AM – 10PM EST, 7 days a week for your convenience. I hope this information helps, and I hope that they help resolve your concern. Keep us updated!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Mister S. is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Current: 2013 XTS, Previous: 2008 Escalade

Thanks for the input, but here's the latest... The audio alerts are in fact built into the XM trial subscription which includes NavTraffic. After speaking to three XM customer service reps, I'm told any trial subscriptions cannot be canceled or altered. Ridiculous. I have to listen to this for another 2 months alerting me of inaccurate traffic conditions and bogus construction warnings. Understand these alerts happen about every couple of miles, over and over again. Keep up the great work, XM.

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Thanks for the input, but here's the latest... The audio alerts are in fact built into the XM trial subscription which includes NavTraffic. After speaking to three XM customer service reps, I'm told any trial subscriptions cannot be canceled or altered. Ridiculous. I have to listen to this for another 2 months alerting me of inaccurate traffic conditions and bogus construction warnings. Understand these alerts happen about every couple of miles, over and over again. Keep up the great work, XM.
    Now you should contact Cadillac Customer Service. Hopefully they can help. And if they can't help, bring attention to the XM problem and GM's inability to help by posting how-tos for finding and cutting the wire to the antenna. How ridiculous.

MotoDC is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium, 3.6L AWD

@Mister S. Have you reviewed the settings in the "Traffic" area of the Navigation menu? I thought I had seen a setting in there about voice prompts for road conditions.

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

The one I particular like is the "Air Quality Warning". It will show over and over again. There needs to be a way to select which ones you want to see and the frequency of the repeat warning.

ivo09 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2014 XTS

Sorry to bring up an old topic...but this was my problem exactly. I drive an XTS as a chauffeur and I find it extremely annoying that I cannot turn the traffic and constructions chimes and alerts off. Not only is it a nuisance to me but also to my customers. And XM radio lost a customer because I was going to get a subscription after my trail was over (I like XM radio) but I will not simply for the alerts to stop. It is completely unacceptable for a 45+ thousand dollar vehicle to not be able to turn off some cautions. Who designed this thing? Cadillac is lucky that Lincoln have no full size sedan options for limos (the MKS is small and the MKT isn't a sedan). This is the only reason so many limo companies are turning to the XTS.

Also, every time I start my vehicle the navigation voice guidance is automatically on. Even after repeatedly setting it to OFF, its still reverts to ON after every shut down. The CUE system cannot remember a simple setting? I don't want voice guidance!

Not a very happy Cadillac owner.

Rick S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Luxury

If memory serves me right, I believe I just turned the volume down while it was speaking. But you have to do it while its talkin to ya.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

you can still subscribe to xm just don't add traffic and weather to your subscription....problem solved sort of, they just give you everything during the trial to try to hook ya

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.