"System Error"
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, "System Error" in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; has anyone else gotten this message on the CUE: SYSTEM ERROR It fills the whole screen in an outlined box ...
    katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

"System Error"

has anyone else gotten this message on the CUE: SYSTEM ERROR
    It fills the whole screen in an outlined box with a virtual [OK] button to apparantly select.
    Tried to take a pic with my phone but went away before I could do so.
    Not sure if this is a major issue, or just what it means?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

Re: "System Error"

I had the same thing happen this week. Also had the screen go black and had to stop car, and restart to get the screen back.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I have had the same thing happen to me. System reboots. No warning.

carpenter is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS Black Raven 3.6 AWD

I know this is an old thread, but I am now having this issue as well. My CUE in my ATS was reset a week ago to fix issues with the favorites being grayed out. I also have an issue when I press the UP button on the steering wheel control to go to my next favorite XM station I have set (they are in numerical order and I only have XM stations programmed) it will actually seek down instead of up. This will only happen once out of maybe 50 times of pressing the up or down buttons, but they will do the opposite of what they should. I was told by the dealer I have the latest software. Are other people having the "System error" issue or experienced the opposite behavior from the steering wheel buttons on occasion?

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    I know this is an old thread, but I am now having this issue as well. My CUE in my ATS was reset a week ago to fix issues with the favorites being grayed out. I also have an issue when I press the UP button on the steering wheel control to go to my next favorite XM station I have set (they are in numerical order and I only have XM stations programmed) it will actually seek down instead of up. This will only happen once out of maybe 50 times of pressing the up or down buttons, but they will do the opposite of what they should. I was told by the dealer I have the latest software. Are other people having the "System error" issue or experienced the opposite behavior from the steering wheel buttons on occasion?
    Hello carpenter,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your ATS’ CUE system. Have you had the chance to reach out to our CUE Infotainment line?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rick S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Luxury

I have both issues. Up/down buttons do the opposite. If I immediately press again they behave as expected. I'm not sure but this may have started after getting the sys error msg a few weeks ago.

Quote Originally Posted by Rick S View Post
    I have both issues. Up/down buttons do the opposite. If I immediately press again they behave as expected. I'm not sure but this may have started after getting the sys error msg a few weeks ago.
    Hello Rick S,

I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing both of these concerns on your ATS as well. Have you had a chance to reach out to the dealership to the CUE team yet regarding these concerns?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello carpenter,

I apologize that you are experiencing this concern with your ATS’ CUE system. Have you had the chance to reach out to our CUE Infotainment line?

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    I have not reached out to the CUE infotainment line. I didn't even know it existed. I've only had the car a couple weeks so a little green yet. How do I reach out to this team?

Quote Originally Posted by carpenter View Post
    I have not reached out to the CUE infotainment line. I didn't even know it existed. I've only had the car a couple weeks so a little green yet. How do I reach out to this team?
    Hello carpenter,

Thanks for taking the time to respond! Our CUE Infotainment team can be reached at 855-428-3669? They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week. I hope this information helps as they are the best resource for the CUE system. Please keep us updated when you have a chance to reach out to them.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Rick, if you get an opportunity can you give the CUE info line team a call as well? I just called to report my issue and the rep I talked with had not yet heard of this issue, so I think the more people we can get to report it, the more it will help. I'd rather see it get fixed than it end up being a "live with it" thing since it's not crucial to get fixed, but still an annoyance and a bug.

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

This "System Error" has occured 3 times in my ATS. No reboot occurs when I press "OK" and CUE functions normally after the screen goes away. Dealer checked it out and found no problems logged on the system. They suggested that it might be my flash drive that has been continuously plugged into the port at the back of the motorized door compartment. I guess it could be that. Maybe I will just remove it (930 songs on the flash drive) and see if the "System Error" occurs again. I have had no problems with the up/down buttons on my steering wheel.

dmurphy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 Evolution Green Luxury SRX (Shale/Brownstone Interior)

IMG_1206.jpg

Haven't had a generic "System Error", but I have had this one ... fun times.

I had mine in today for the opposite issue on the up/down favorites select. One been one day, but it has not happened yet where it most certainly would have by now prior to the "fix". CUE info line tech said to have the dealer implement PI1130 on the CUE. So far so good.

I just wanted to follow up. I have not had any more issues of "opposite actions" when using the up/down on the steering wheel. Whatever the PI 1130 did, it fixed this issue.
    georule likes this.

Rick S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Luxury

Sorry I've been away after my post. Sounds like a fix has been issued. Btw, No I did not contact the infotainment group on this one. My previous experience with them lead me to think that would be a waste of time. Previously I had inquired as to why my surround sound system would not play surround sound disk (DVDA) and nobody even knew what I was talking about. After several different conversations their solution was "if there's noise coming out of all the speakers it must be working".
    I would not have bought the nav option had I know this.
    Love the car but I would've saved some $'s

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.