Can't use contacts of iPhone to navigate with CUE
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Can't use contacts of iPhone to navigate with CUE in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi Everybody! I tried to use my contacts on my iPhone 4S but CUE doesn't recognize the address... I Synchronized ...
    Gismo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX AWD 2013 sport luxury

Unhappy Can't use contacts of iPhone to navigate with CUE

Hi Everybody!

I tried to use my contacts on my iPhone 4S but CUE doesn't recognize the address... I Synchronized my iPhone with CUE over the Bluetooth. Then I opened the navigation system and select "Contacts". All my contacts are here but if I'm selecting any Address, CUE is searching and asking me to complete the address. Only the country is ok but no street, no ZIP and no City...

Please help me! Thank you!

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Can't use contacts of iPhone to navigate with CUE

Try manually typing the address in to CUE and see if it finds the address. If it does, than it is a problem with how the address is saved in your contact list on your phone. I have noticed the Nav to be a little picky. Go in to your phone edit the contact information for those you have addresses saved. Make sure the street number and address are on the first line, and then city, state, zip are all in the correct field locations or CUE will not understand. Also, I recommend using abbreviations such as CT for court, PKWY for Parkway, etc. I have noticed that CUE prefers the abbreviations. Especially TL (trail). Hope this helps.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Hello Gismo,

I apologize that your CUE isn’t recognizing the address for your contacts. To further assist you, we would need some more information about this concern. You can reach our Infotainment team here at 855-478-7767. Thank you for your time, and please keep me updated about this.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc
    Hello Gismo,

I apologize that your CUE isn’t recognizing the address for your contacts. To further assist you, we would need some more information about this concern. You can reach our Infotainment team here at 855-478-7767. Thank you for your time, and please keep me updated about this.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Thank you for your answer but I'm in Switzerland (Europe) and I tried to contact my official dealer without success...

Do you have any contact in Europe?

Thank's!

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
    Thank you for your answer but I'm in Switzerland (Europe) and I tried to contact my official dealer without success...

Do you have any contact in Europe?

Thank's!
    Hello Gismo,

Here is the number for Cadillac Switzerland: 00800-8680 8800. I hope that this information helps get your concern resolved. Thank you very much!

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Hi Gregory

I've already tried to contact them... first they said that it was not possible to do that. Then I answered that I read this in the Manual... Now they don't know and want to contact GM to see if there is a solution... It is very difficult to obtain any information in Europe... For example, we don't have any apps to install on CUE but I hope it will change with the time...

Thank you for your help!

Quote Originally Posted by Gismo View Post
    Hi Gregory

I've already tried to contact them... first they said that it was not possible to do that. Then I answered that I read this in the Manual... Now they don't know and want to contact GM to see if there is a solution... It is very difficult to obtain any information in Europe... For example, we don't have any apps to install on CUE but I hope it will change with the time...

Thank you for your help!
    Hello Gismo,

My name is Laura M. and I am assisting Gregory with this forum. I would like to gather some information from you for people who can try and assist you further. Can you please private message me on this forum with your first and last name, phone number, Email address and vehicle identification number (VIN).

Regards,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Hi Everybody

Today I had some bad news from GM NAV Customer Assistance Center... There is no update available for Europe right now but GM is working on it. I don't have any idea or precision about how long I have to wait for it... Do anyone now more?

Thank's everybody for your help!

AZATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hi - my contacts are in the iphone properly and I still can't get my contacts to come up on the Cue. Any suggestions?

2013XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I am having the same issue, any updates or solution?

Quote Originally Posted by AZATS View Post
    Hi - my contacts are in the iphone properly and I still can't get my contacts to come up on the Cue. Any suggestions?
    Hello AZATS,

I apologize that you are unable to get your contacts to display in your CUE from your iPhone. Have you reached out to our CUE Infotainment team at 855-428-3669? They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week if you would like to reach out to them. Please keep us updated if you do reach out to them as to the results.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

----------

Quote Originally Posted by 2013XTS View Post
    I am having the same issue, any updates or solution?
    Hello 2013XTS,

I apologize that you are experiencing the same concern with your CUE as well. I would suggest reaching out to the CUE Infotainment team as well at 855-428-3669. They are open 8AM to 10PM EST, seven days a week if you would like to reach out to them. Please keep us updated if you call them as well.

Gregory W.
    Cadillac Customer Care

jzaidman is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Hello,

Just picked up my 2014 CTS and already ran into the same issue where the contact are not found from my iPhone. With one of them all I had to do is remove the suite number and then it worked. Clearly not a good solution. I am however prepared to get my contacts into a proper format, if someone from the CUE Infotainment team could post it here. Specifically, how the contacts should be entered in MS Outlook, which is where my iPhone gets them from. Why did it start working once I removed the suite number and what is the proper format to put it back in without breaking CUE.

Thanks,

Jakov

I was able to verify with multiple contacts that removing the unit/suite/apt number details completely from the contact allows CUE to search the address. Clearly this is not a feasible solution. Is there a more reasonable workaround or a fix for CUE software?

Jakov

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

For the problem entries, did you folks have the suite number entered as hyphenated, or as two-line addresses (and if so, which order - per 'c' or 'd' below):

a) 10-105 Main Street
    b) #10-105 Main Street

c) Suite 10
    105 Main Street

d) 105 Main Street
    Suite 10

I am curious as to the problem in the original format as I have 900 contacts and it would be a pain to have to revise a lot of them. I will have to check later to see if I also have this problem.

Most of my contacts are following the format in your example d as in:

d) 105 Main Street
    Suite 10

Jakov

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.