CUE on Samsung s4 which is running Andriod Jellybean 4.2.2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE on Samsung s4 which is running Andriod Jellybean 4.2.2 in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I had iphone 4s- CUE system works well except when you make a call using your phone, it goes to ...
    sirdan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

CUE on Samsung s4 which is running Andriod Jellybean 4.2.2

I had iphone 4s- CUE system works well except when you make a call using your phone, it goes to PHONE instead of Cadillac speaker system. you have to click Cadillac ONCE THE CALL IS ANSWERED.

Anyway- Now I got Samsung s4 using Jellybean 4.2.2 the CUE system DOES NOT WORK...
    1) You can pair but if you push your wheel voice command to make a call, it says "the device is still attempting to initialize..."
    2) second or 3rd time you get in your car, the phone does NOT PAIR. you have to delete and re-pair but YOU STILL get "the device is still attempting to initialize"

any recommendations?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: CUE on Samsung s4 which is running Andriod Jellybean 4.2.2

My suggestion is to call the CUE Hotline. 855 428 3669

Android devices are different than Apple on CUE. For Android devices: When you first pair the phone, you will get a push notification on your phone asking to allow CUE to access your contacts and recent calls (If you miss it it might be in your notifications that you pull down from the top of your phone screen). I would suggest checking the box that says "Do not ask again" or something and then selecting "OK." Then depending on how many contacts are in your phone give it about 10-30 seconds to receive your contacts and then use the voice recognition. I don't know if you have done this, so just a suggestion. Again, call the hotline if you need more help.

sirdan is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

thank you for the recommendation. i did that and its still the same. i really like my car except the cue and i want to recmmend the ats for my friends fleet car but i told him to wait until this cue system gets all cleared up. i purchased my car with executive referral code starting with EX___ so the dealership knows i know someone from the GMHQ. so i know they will do everything they can to fix it but at this point, it is out of their hands.... i will trycalling CUE

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Good Luck sirdan! Let me know what the fix was.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I don't have this problem with my Nexus 4 running 4.2.2 so I suspect it's something Samsung's doing with their custom software. It'd be my guess it has to do with how they implement the SD card that stock Android has done away with now for some time (no Nexus has external storage). I believe they still treat it as mass storage, where 4.2.2 treats it as MTP by default. Considering it's such a popular phone I'd assume the CUE team should find a fix, however I wouldn't expect it to be too speedy.. If it is in fact a problem with the phone and CUE and not just some setting then maybe they'll be fast about it. Let us know if you get this resolved.

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

I am seriously bummed. My old blackberry works great with CUE, but just preordered an S4 from Verizon yesterday. Maybe I should cancel.

Edit. Just realized its been 10 days since your post. Any progress?

adev is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Have you had your CUE updated? I have an S4 and initially, it paired fine with the CUE (pandora & phone worked great). (I'm running 4.1.2) However, lately it has been intermittently displaying "the device is still attempting to initialize". I called the dealership, and they suggested I bring it in for a CUE update.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by adev View Post
    Have you had your CUE updated? I have an S4 and initially, it paired fine with the CUE (pandora & phone worked great). (I'm running 4.1.2) However, lately it has been intermittently displaying "the device is still attempting to initialize". I called the dealership, and they suggested I bring it in for a CUE update.
    Hello adev,

I hope after the dealer visit for your CUE update that your phone goes back to working normal. Please let us know if you have questions or concerns after the update.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

rsf507 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2.0T 2013 ATS Performance Black raven with Morello Red (:

I just recently bought a galaxy S4 and have had no problems with it and CUE. It paired the first time and stayed paired, and I have no problems making or receiving phone calls and talking through blue tooth with it

cdp
    I just got my Galaxy S4 yesterday and paired last night no problems. Ran Pandora fine as well. Hopefully it stays that way

Update: After a week it seems to work with my S4 just fine. Syncs up well and Pandora works well. Sometimes voices in calls are a bit distorted, but otherwise no problems at all. Of course, even after getting the update CUE is very laggy and I've pretty much given up on it working well.

cdp
    Yet another update. Seems generally to work well, other than distortion on calls. However, I recently noticed it did not upload all of my contacts. I noticed it when I couldn't get CUE to understand who I wanted to call. I figured out a contact I call regularly, and have had on my phone since I got it, did not upload into CUE. I can't figure out how to resync without deleting my phone from CUE and repairing, which I hate to do because I'm afraid I will have even more problems on the next go around.

Quote Originally Posted by cdp View Post
    Yet another update. Seems generally to work well, other than distortion on calls. However, I recently noticed it did not upload all of my contacts. I noticed it when I couldn't get CUE to understand who I wanted to call. I figured out a contact I call regularly, and have had on my phone since I got it, did not upload into CUE. I can't figure out how to resync without deleting my phone from CUE and repairing, which I hate to do because I'm afraid I will have even more problems on the next go around.
    Hello cdp,

I see you were able to pair your new phone to your vehicle; that is good news to hear. If you contact the CUE center at 855-428-3669 they should be able to assist you with your sync problem. Let me know how it goes and private message me with additional questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

jimmythered is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I'm driving an ATS. For my phone, I'm using a Motorola RAZRi with Android 4.1.2. I have the same issues as others... phone audio syncs, media syncs, but Contacts do not. Last week I got the latest CUE update. Still no luck with Contacts... "device is initializing..."

I've deleted it and re-paired it a couple of times with the same results. Anyone else having this issue or find a solution?

I did look for the notice on the phone during pairing (as mentioned above) to allow contacts to sync but I get no such request either directly or in the Android notification page.

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by jimmythered View Post
    I'm driving an ATS. For my phone, I'm using a Motorola RAZRi with Android 4.1.2. I have the same issues as others... phone audio syncs, media syncs, but Contacts do not. Last week I got the latest CUE update. Still no luck with Contacts... "device is initializing..."

I've deleted it and re-paired it a couple of times with the same results. Anyone else having this issue or find a solution?

I did look for the notice on the phone during pairing (as mentioned above) to allow contacts to sync but I get no such request either directly or in the Android notification page.

Thanks
    Hello jimmythered,

I apologize for the trouble you are experiencing with trying to sync your contacts into the system. I understand your frustration with this, especially with recently just having the latest CUE update. Have you contacted the CUE center at 855-428-3669? Please reach out to me via private message if you would like to further discuss this concern or have any other issues you would like assistance with.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

linked is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.5

just wondering if anyone figured out the contacts sync issues with S4 and CUE? i just bought an ATS 2014 and when paired with my S4 not all contacts are there on the car.. some appear and some just dont. also alot of bugs when trying to call a number from the car, always have to use the phone itself to dial.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.