Droid contact list problem possibly figured out
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By Eleven
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Droid contact list problem possibly figured out in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; ...
    Eleven is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD

Droid contact list problem possibly figured out

Hopefully this info will help someone out there.

Just got a ATS 2.0 with CUE and navi today.

Dealer couldn’t get my wifes phone (Moto Droid Razr M Android 4.1.2 verizon wireless) phonebook or Pandora to work with cue.

The phone paired and she could receive calls, but not see any of her contacts. She could see recent calls, but just phone numbers, no names.

Her device on CUE was labeled as a “Unknown Device.”

So the wife went to work and I was playing around with it trying to get it to work. We both have the same phone and version.

What you have to do is Name your phone under the Bluetooth menu. If you don’t have a name there the car will not upload your contacts it says “Unknown device.”

I paired my phone and it didn’t work.

I unpaired my phone, from both the car and the phone deleting the Bluetooth pair after I unpaired them.

I then found in a sub menu in the Bluetooth setting and it allowed me to name my phone so I gave it a name.

Restarted the phone and car.

Then I paired them again and all of a sudden all my contacts were there!!

This was instant. And I have about 300 contacts.

Didn’t try Pandora yet but I will tomorrow.

SO COULD ALL THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE ARE HAVING WITH THIS BE DUE TO THE PHONE NOT BEING NAMED?

Codeman, this sounds like a logic address issue.

I would say something like Unknown device= Null

This would negate any storage of phone book info cause CUE wouldn’t know where to put it to address it.

(I know this from configuring .ini files and how some little stupid 1 or 0 mess everything up)
    MotoDC and MotoDC like this.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

Re: Droid contact list problem possibly figured out

I had no problem pairing my Droid with CUE. I get phone, contacts, and pandora. I originally had problems with pandora, but removed any previous pairing in both cue and phone, paired a second time and all was good. The problem I have is that when using nav on phone cue does not have audio; yet the phone is muted for it is putting out audio through bluetooth.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by Eleven View Post
    Hopefully this info will help someone out there.

Just got a ATS 2.0 with CUE and navi today.

Dealer couldn’t get my wifes phone (Moto Droid Razr M Android 4.1.2 verizon wireless) phonebook or Pandora to work with cue.

The phone paired and she could receive calls, but not see any of her contacts. She could see recent calls, but just phone numbers, no names.

Her device on CUE was labeled as a “Unknown Device.”

So the wife went to work and I was playing around with it trying to get it to work. We both have the same phone and version.

What you have to do is Name your phone under the Bluetooth menu. If you don’t have a name there the car will not upload your contacts it says “Unknown device.”

I paired my phone and it didn’t work.

I unpaired my phone, from both the car and the phone deleting the Bluetooth pair after I unpaired them.

I then found in a sub menu in the Bluetooth setting and it allowed me to name my phone so I gave it a name.

Restarted the phone and car.

Then I paired them again and all of a sudden all my contacts were there!!

This was instant. And I have about 300 contacts.

Didn’t try Pandora yet but I will tomorrow.

SO COULD ALL THE PROBLEMS PEOPLE ARE HAVING WITH THIS BE DUE TO THE PHONE NOT BEING NAMED?

Codeman, this sounds like a logic address issue.

I would say something like Unknown device= Null

This would negate any storage of phone book info cause CUE wouldn’t know where to put it to address it.

(I know this from configuring .ini files and how some little stupid 1 or 0 mess everything up)
    Hello Eleven,

I am sorry you seem to be experiencing CUE issues. If you contact the CUE center, they should be able to assist you. The phone number is 855-428-3669, hours of operation: Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST. If you would like me to contact them for you, I am more than happy to do so. Please let me know through private message. It is easiest for me to communicate with you through private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Thanks Eleven. I'll try to see what's going on here and see if it's an issue on the CUE side.

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by handymantoo View Post
    I had no problem pairing my Droid with CUE. I get phone, contacts, and pandora. I originally had problems with pandora, but removed any previous pairing in both cue and phone, paired a second time and all was good. The problem I have is that when using nav on phone cue does not have audio; yet the phone is muted for it is putting out audio through bluetooth.
    Do you just prefer phone navigation? Surely you have Navigation in a Premium XTS. Also, if you prefer using your phone navigation, then just play Pandora from your phone and you can listen to music and have your phone Nav. Your phone will chime down the music for new directions. I haven't heard of this in an XTS, but of course you can get CUE w/o nav in an ATS and that is what I suggest for smartphone users.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.