Cadillac Owners Forum banner

A new safety recall for the SRX

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  inspectorudy 
#1 ·
I got a safety recall today concerning the manual shift mode on the SRX. The recall claims that the manual mode may unexpectedly shift back to auto and remove engine braking if you have selected the sport or manual mode to down shift on a hill or curve. The recall says it is reprogramming required and no hardware. I also had my instrument lights go out and on for several times today and that will be looked at also. Anyone else have that issue? I had it with my 2011 SRX also. It seems to be an issue right around sunset when the ambient light is affected by trees and buildings and the auto dimming goes from night to day settings back and forth until the light level stabilizes on one or the other. It is an unacceptable flaw and one that makes dusk driving a strain. It might turn out to be "Unfixable" like the Canuk's STS issue.

#2 ·
I made a mistake when I said that my wife's car had an instrument light problem. She subsequently told me that the entire system, DIC, center console and all of the CUE functions went out including the big screen. The radio was on and stayed on. After about ten minutes everything came back on. This will be one of those hard to re-create for the dealer to investigate. If any of you have had a similar experience I would appreciate a description of it and how you resolved it so that I can relate this to my dealer.
Thanks

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.