Cue: Playlists on a sd card
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 3 Post By Marc NY
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue: Playlists on a sd card in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 2013 SRX. I had the car for a month now, done hours worth of manual reading and hands on experimenting. ...
    ELCID64 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 srx

Unhappy Cue: Playlists on a sd card

2013 SRX. I had the car for a month now, done hours worth of manual reading and hands on experimenting. Learned a lot and have been fun. Love the SRX. I have been able to figure out a lot of things concerning the CUE except how to build music playlists on an SD card. I have downloaded the music to the SD card in playlists format with Windows WMP, the lists are plainly present when the card is in the computer but when I put the card in the vehicle all I get is a conglomeration of songs. Supposedly they are listed by albums, artists and songs but the music is made of hundreds of individual songs and a few albums so it all looks like a mess in the cue media listing. What am I doing wrong here? When I look up under playlists it tells me there is no content (no playlists) in the card. Thank you. Alex

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

TheCaptain is offline Canadian SRX Mod
    Automobile(s): 13 SRX AWD 3.6L Premium - Platinum Ice Metallic

Re: Cue: Playlists on a sd card

Mine does the same. All the songs just show up, but I can't access them 'in a playlist'.

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by ELCID64 View Post
    2013 SRX. I had the car for a month now, done hours worth of manual reading and hands on experimenting. Learned a lot and have been fun. Love the SRX. I have been able to figure out a lot of things concerning the CUE except how to build music playlists on an SD card. I have downloaded the music to the SD card in playlists format with Windows WMP, the lists are plainly present when the card is in the computer but when I put the card in the vehicle all I get is a conglomeration of songs. Supposedly they are listed by albums, artists and songs but the music is made of hundreds of individual songs and a few albums so it all looks like a mess in the cue media listing. What am I doing wrong here? When I look up under playlists it tells me there is no content (no playlists) in the card. Thank you. Alex
    I use M3U format playlists on SD card and they work well.

if you used WMP to create playlists, I am assuming they are in WPL format which I have not tried. According to CUE manual (page 31), WPL is a supported format. Did you copy music to SD card using WMP Sync function?

I'm not sure about that. I will have to double check. What program do you use to create M3U lists?

stevec5375 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2010 SRX/3.0L Premium/FWD/Platinum Ice/Shale

Another thread destined for the CUE forum...

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

I'm not sure about that. I will have to double check. What program do you use to create M3U lists?
    I use a simple freeware called doubleTwist Desktop and available for Windows and Mac OS. It is actually a syncing program for Android but also does a decent job of copying music to removable media. If you use iTunes, you can also import playlists from it into M3U format.

M3Us are simple text files so can be easily edited unlike XML-based formats like WPL.

Marc NY is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013 Performance Flannel Gray w/ 20" Polished Wheels

Quote Originally Posted by stevec5375 View Post
    Another thread destined for the CUE forum...
    Steve, if you see a thread that you believe should be in the CUE forum only ... may I suggest that you send a PM to one of our great Moderators i.e. TheCaptian to register a complaint about this kind of "abuse" or perhaps you can by-pass these type of threads that you don't seem to want to read and just move on to another great thread topic ... OK?
    imseis, SteveWise and SteveWise like this.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

You may wish to read my post at http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...olutions.htmlI I didn't cover the playlist as created by default from Windows WMP in detail, being a WPL format playlist, (WMP can be set to create them in M3U format as well which format is easier to edit). But note that the original playlist is created with the Windows path, which would include "x:/Music" (where x is the drive letter). Since your files on the SD card obviously are not copied using the same path (*), that info needs to be removed from the playlist as outlined in my write-up. So until there are changes made to CUE, unfortunately some extra work is needed. Alternatively some have reported using some other software to create playlists excluding that portion of the path as it is needed in Windows itself. Note also the mentioned "indexing" issue, so don't expect this info to show up immediately after starting the car. Send me a private message if you need additional help.
    (*) Technically you could copy them using also "Music" as the top folder below the Root directly for music (placing the playlist in the Root directory but the drive letter itself would still not work. But having to edit anyway, why create one more level?

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Here's my write up on using DoubleTwist for syncing iTunes music to a SD card-put it in the wrong forum(?). Works real well...
    http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...-music-sd.html

OK, problem resolved. My thanks to all who offered useful information, I appreciate you taking your time to assist others. Originally I used WMP and created the lists with .wpl files and sync that to the SD card. For whatever reason that didn't work. I tried many times and failed. Per the advice of a couple of you I downloaded the Double Twist Desktop program. I proceeded to move my WMP playlists to Double Twist and then I sync the playlists, individually, to the SD card. Took a while and I found that if I tried to sync all the lists at one time I ended up with one file full of music, the same mess I had before. Once I sync the individual playlists to the SD card I put it into the CUE system and it worked great. I now have the playlists just the way I wanted them. Thank you all very much. Alex.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Hey ElCid, I believe you should have been able to sync everything all at once. When I used DT, after going to the Playlist link screen, I simply checked all the Playlists I wanted to sync. So, the folder in Windows Explorer had the SD card showing the Playlists and all the music (in folders) that the were contained in the playlists. The Playlists, themselves, were really shortcuts targeting the music that was listed within them... Whatever, whatever works is good.

I'm trying to get everything that I can do on CUE, to be done verbally. It works, but I am definitely finding that it is slow, even though I've had the latest update. Would be nice if we knew why CUE's responses could be made faster. One would think that a little more programming would take care of this issue?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.