CUE Shutdown/Reboot
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Shutdown/Reboot in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have had the most curious event happen to me now, 3 times post the CUE update. All three occur ...
    pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

CUE Shutdown/Reboot

I have had the most curious event happen to me now, 3 times post the CUE update. All three occur after about 30 min of continuous driving on the interstate. There is nothing rough about the road (compared to other roads that I drive on) and the only constant is that i have Pandora on and cabled to an iPhone 5. CUE will just "reboot". The entire screen goes dark, including the portion of the DIC that is CUE related (I have the cluster configured for the performance view). The phone will disconnect, bluetooth will disconnect and the system will reboot. This lasts for about 30 seconds or so. Then everything will come back up just as it was, no loss of Nav (during one of the reboots i was using navigation), same place in the song i was at, bluetooth reconnects, etc.

Has anyone else experienced this?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jlukavsky is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Re: CUE Shutdown/Reboot

I have, but have experienced it losing navigation and all settings as well, pretty much have to go recustomize everything.

Any comment from codeman or anyone else at GM?

FYI an update, i have my XTS in the shop (again) to fix the "droopy headliner recall issue" among other things, and the QUE reboot is on the list. I just checked with the dealer and they have replaced my "stack" to resolve this. Kind of a drastic step, seems like throwing out the baby with the bathwater, but what do I know....

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

This sounds like what my wife experienced while driving. The DIC lower display, the nav screen and all of the center controls went out for about ten minutes and then came back on. The radio played through the whole event.

This is similar to what i am experiencing, however it is a total reboot of CUE, so no audio, no phone, no NAV, etc. The dealer replaced my "stack" and i picked up the car on Thursday and went our of town this past weekend. I had CUE reboot three times during the extended drive time. This only happens after an extended period of use and the only constant is that I am using Pandora cabled to an iPhone 5. I have not tested without using Pandora, that will be the next step.

We do not have Pandora but my wife had been on an extended 5 hour trip when her CUE shut down. Maybe there is a connection with drive time versus just shutting down on a normal in town drive.

hdrolling is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance

We just got the update about a month ago and my wife only drives about 20 min to get home from work. She has already had her CUE stop working in that short distance at least three times. Once nothing worked and other times either just the top stopped displaying or just the bottom stopped working. No issues before the update and the dealer is an hour away so we are waiting for our first service which is coming up to have them look at it.
    On a side note we have friends in SC that had the same car and there CUE was draining the battery preventing the car from starting, dealer couldn't resolve the issue after three attempts so they returned it for a different car.
    Not what you would expect from a $53,000 car.
    Other than the few issues with the CUE we love the SRX, its great on my back as I'm a 100% disabled veteran and handles awesome! Hope they get the bugs worked out soon.

UPDATE: I had my XTS in for service on this issue and some trim replacement. The service manager said he did some research and found some issue related to bluetooth phone pairing and potential CUE shutdown and reboots. He suggested that i unpair my device and try that. I have three devices paired and on the occasion when the reboot happens i have my iPhone 5 paired and active. I switched to an alternate device that i have paired which is an iPhone 4s. I have not as yet, had the reboot happen with the 4s active. I will switch back to the 5 after several more days and see if that is in fact the issue.

Unfortunately my wife's phone is an I 4 and she had the same problem as described above.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    UPDATE: I had my XTS in for service on this issue and some trim replacement. The service manager said he did some research and found some issue related to bluetooth phone pairing and potential CUE shutdown and reboots. He suggested that i unpair my device and try that. I have three devices paired and on the occasion when the reboot happens i have my iPhone 5 paired and active. I switched to an alternate device that i have paired which is an iPhone 4s. I have not as yet, had the reboot happen with the 4s active. I will switch back to the 5 after several more days and see if that is in fact the issue.

Hello pkadanec,

I am sorry your vehicle has been experiencing a CUE reboot when your iPhone 5 is paired. I am happy to hear the 4s has been working appropriately for you. Please keep us updated on this issue when you switch back and pair your iPhone 5 again. We are here to provide assistance, so please let us know if you have other concerns or questions.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

Quote Originally Posted by hdrolling View Post
    We just got the update about a month ago and my wife only drives about 20 min to get home from work. She has already had her CUE stop working in that short distance at least three times. Once nothing worked and other times either just the top stopped displaying or just the bottom stopped working. No issues before the update and the dealer is an hour away so we are waiting for our first service which is coming up to have them look at it.
    On a side note we have friends in SC that had the same car and there CUE was draining the battery preventing the car from starting, dealer couldn't resolve the issue after three attempts so they returned it for a different car.
    Not what you would expect from a $53,000 car.
    Other than the few issues with the CUE we love the SRX, its great on my back as I'm a 100% disabled veteran and handles awesome! Hope they get the bugs worked out soon.
    Hello hdrolling,

I am sorry the CUE system in your SRX is giving you issues. Glad to hear besides these few issues you are loving the SRX. Please keep us updated after your dealership visit. If there are additional questions or concerns don't hesitate to ask us!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

Laura, I have switched back and will let you know the outcome. i have not been in the vehicle for an extended period of time to test fully.

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    Laura, I have switched back and will let you know the outcome. i have not been in the vehicle for an extended period of time to test fully.
    Sounds good pkadanec. I hope everything works out fine this time!

Sincerely,

Laura M.

ChristinaMarie is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Hello:

I have owned my Cadillac ATS for three days and tonight on the highway CUE went completely dark and shut down. I called the dealer while still mobile and the service department said they've never heard of this. I pulled over, shut down the car, restarted it, but CUE was still dark, as were all the system controls (eg, air conditioning) on the same stack. No reboot. It's a little frightening to have the center stack suddenly shut off while driving. I would love an explanation from Cadillac, along with an effective fix and maybe a tranquilizer.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.