How to move icons
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, How to move icons in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I would like to move valet icon and add it to the 4 icons on the front screen....
    handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS

How to move icons

I would like to move valet icon and add it to the 4 icons on the front screen.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: How to move icons

What do you mean by the "valet" icon?

that's the icon you use when you valet park your car

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray
    If you are referring to the app shortcut icons at the top of the screen, as far as I know, they can only be apps from the home screen. You might try making the Valet mode a favorite. Go to the Valet screen in Settings, bring up the favorites from the bottom of the screen and press and hold a favorite button to store as a favorite. I haven't tried it for Valet mode but the same method works in some other situations.

thanks, I could not make it a favorite, but I did move the setting icon to the front screen and that eliminates one screen to get to valet.

Quote Originally Posted by st4422 View Post
    If you are referring to the app shortcut icons at the top of the screen, as far as I know, they can only be apps from the home screen. You might try making the Valet mode a favorite. Go to the Valet screen in Settings, bring up the favorites from the bottom of the screen and press and hold a favorite button to store as a favorite. I haven't tried it for Valet mode but the same method works in some other situations.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

I often see the A/C icon for top/bottom air flow up on the top of a screen along with other shortcut apps. How do I get this icon up to this position. I know its drag/drop, but not sure how to do it. Also, I would assume that the car has to be running to do this as the A/C icons don't show when car not running.

From the CUE manual...

To add an application from the Home Page to the applications tray:

1. Press and hold any icon on the Home Page to enter edit mode.

2. Drag the icon to the applications tray.

To remove an item from the applications tray, drag the icon from the applications tray back to the Home Page.

Adding or removing applications from the applications tray will not remove them from the Home Page.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Thanks. Yeah, I saw that, but I think I was trying to do something that you can't do in CUE. I wanted to move one of the A/C icons up tot he task tray. With it there, I could just select it and thee will be the desired A/C. But I don't hink it can be done as it is no a Home screen icon...

Preset A/C settings.That's something that would be useful for sure. Just like the previous case above, you could try to make a favorite from the A/C settings.

buddy220022 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2010 srx

Hi how many icons are we suppose to have stock on the cadillac srx 2013? I have 8 but called cadillac headquarters and they said I am suppose to have 9. the extra one being photos or videos. Do any of yall have this? Thanks!!

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

The photo/video icon is for vehicles with the rear seat entertainment package. If you have this package then you should have the video icon. That being said, only 8 icons fit on one home screen. if there were a ninth, it would be on a second home page.

Ragtop 99 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T RWD

I was finally able to move my shortcuts around using st4422's instruction. Got rid of the settings shortcut and replaced it with the Pandora shortcut.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.