A few interesting features of the CUE Update you may have missed...
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By Cadillac Cust Svc
  • 2 Post By Yplus
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, A few interesting features of the CUE Update you may have missed... in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; You may not notice these if you keep the proximity setting on (I don't it's completely annoying that I have ...
    Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

A few interesting features of the CUE Update you may have missed...

You may not notice these if you keep the proximity setting on (I don't it's completely annoying that I have to aim at something that isn't there when I first want to tap it). But if you keep proximity off and always show the whole screen, you'll notice a few things about the icons at the top (icon tray I think ??)

The navigation icon is a compass now, it updates in real time.
    The phone icon will show alerts (A red exclamation point I think) if you've missed a call or have a voicemail. Not sure about texts, but that would be pretty cool too.

I haven't noticed any others yet, anyone else?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: A few interesting features of the CUE Update you may have missed...

I haven't looked at the proximity settings since I got my car back but I did notice the compass in the NAV icon. Is there a way to keep the four small icons on the screen at all times? I also noticed that CUTIE has softened her voice a little. She seems to be lees authoritative and edgy.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Not sure if this was available or not prior to the update, but it was something that I thought was missing... If you tap the time in the upper right corner, the large analog clock face will display. The only way i could display this was (I thought) was to turn off the audio system completely. Again, I may be incorrect, but i thought this was cool...

UPDATE

I would like to have the option of having the home screen default to the analog clock face instead of the icons. That seems to make more sense.

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I haven't looked at the proximity settings since I got my car back but I did notice the compass in the NAV icon. Is there a way to keep the four small icons on the screen at all times? I also noticed that CUTIE has softened her voice a little. She seems to be lees authoritative and edgy.
    Yes in settings you can disable the proximity sensing. Then everything is shown on the screen at all times, including the top icons.

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Yplus, thanks for kicking off this thread! I'll continue to document everyone's CUE feedback so for the appropriate GM teams to review. And if you all have questions in the meantime, don't hesitate to contact the Infotainment Customer Support Group at 855-428-3669. Agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Yplus and Yplus like this.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    Not sure if this was available or not prior to the update, but it was something that I thought was missing... If you tap the time in the upper right corner, the large analog clock face will display. The only way i could display this was (I thought) was to turn off the audio system completely. Again, I may be incorrect, but i thought this was cool...
    The "compass" in the Nav icon was already available when I received my Platinum XTS (built Jan 10/13) with the at that time Software version 23124332

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

The changes I have noticed include:

Nav Icon is now a compass in real-time
    Climate Icon changed to Snowflake
    The system is much faster and no longer lags.
    The haptic feedback has been reduced to a less shocking pulse.
    CUE's voice is softer with fluctuations, no longer monotone.
    Maps are updated on Navigation.
    You no longer have to cycle thru media that isn't connected such as SD Card and AUX. It skips the unused ports. AND....

There is now Siri Pass thru, given you still have to press the home button on your iPhone. HUGE Advantage!!! Now you can ask Siri to read you your messages and she will read your unread text messages thru CUE and then you may reply to them via voice!
    Secret for those of you who purchased CUE without Nav: Use Google Maps or whatever Turn-by-Turn directions you prefer on your smartphone and use Bluetooth to have the audio stream thru CUE.

Enjoy these awesome features!

Siri was the biggest change for me. I was absolutely lost without it. I was using it on much cheaper vehicle before moving up to the Caddy so I felt a bit ripped. But it's here now and I am overjoyed. Total nirvana would be AirPlay mirroring of the iPhone screen onto CUE with ability to use the CUE touch screen to control the iPhone. I don't think the touch support even exists for AirPlay, but one can dream...
    Johnfran and Johnfran like this.

caitlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Wow! Leaving my laptop now to run our to my car to try the Siri with the messages (just got home from my update)........

Let us know how it works for you!

caitlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Very cool indeed! Granted it wasn't the most accurate but my Siri never is. HA HA

Any sound coming from a Bluetooth device will play thru Bluetooth. All notifications, navigation, messages, etc.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.