Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone? - Page 3
Cadillac
 

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 47
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Yeah, i have my phone mounted to my dash and it's nice to have it up in front of me ...
  1. #31
    RippyPartsDept's Avatar
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Join Date
    Sep 2007
    Location
    Wilmington, NC
    Age
    34
    Posts
    13,943

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Yeah, i have my phone mounted to my dash and it's nice to have it up in front of me
    although i've often entertained the idea of getting an aux->bluetooth adapter i haven't yet done it because of that (and the fear of audio quality loss)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

  2. #32
    Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Age
    33
    Posts
    61

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    pops and clicks and buzzes are usually bluetooth hiccups ... i never have any playback sound quality issues with pandora when i'm not streaming through bluetooth
    The clicks I'm referring to were definitely in the audio. Sounded exactly like poor/high compression. And it always went away when I skipped to the next track (once I think I had to skip twice), so it's unlikely to be bluetooth related... At any rate, I haven't experienced any since I found that setting.

    My bluetooth has started acting up again, though. It worked well for a week or two post-update, now I'm having to re-pair my phone a couple times a week again. Like right now, it shows everything is paired on both devices, but they refuse to connect no matter what I do.

  3. #33
    handymantoo is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Premium XTS
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    63

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    I had the same problem after CUE upgrade. I have a Motorola Droid Bionic and I use Bluetooth not the cable. First remove Cue bluetooth from phone( I know you already did that trust me follow the steps) not just grayed out. Completly removed. Remove cell phone from CUE completely again not just grayed out. Check in both Media and Phone . Turn off Cue Shut off car let sit a few minutes. Turn off cell phone remove battery for few minutes. Replace cell phone battery and re boot phone. Start the car and once again re pair cell and CUE. Make sure pairing is confirmed in phone and you have your contacts. Then go to media and scroll until you see your cell phone. Go to Pandora app on CUE and activate. You may have to wait a few minutes. Don't rush it. It has worked flawlessly since completing above steps. At least we know that the update does work, its just a matter of getting bluetooth to correctly sync up. If the above does not work I suggest you keep trying different combinations. I got it to work through trial and error. Good luck!!!

  4. #34
    Caddy Daddy.com's Avatar
    Caddy Daddy.com is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinium 4WD 2003 EXT
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Napa California
    Posts
    53

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Will post video soon on YouTube on what I did to make Pandora work better with my XTS. DADDY

  5. #35
    whidbeyben is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS-4 2.0T Premium
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Posts
    6

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Have had my ATS4 2.0T a few weeks and love it, but the CUE Pandora was a bit of an enigma. My iPhone 4S pairs easily and automatically but the CUE Pandora Ap will only work with the iPhone if it is connected via the USB charge/sync cable to one of the built in USB ports. The CUE Ap erroneously reports "no Bluetooth Connection" when the iPhone is unplugged from the USB. The iPhone remains paired via Bluetooth for phone functions, but the CUE's native Pandora Ap can apparently only access the iPhone's internet stream via the USB charge/sync port. This may be because to stream the internet connection via bluetooth would be a form of "tethering", which AT&T will insist that you pay extra to do with an iPhone. If I simply ignore the CUE Pandora Ap and access the Pandora Ap on the iPhone , then go to Audio>My Media, Pandora streams over Bluetooth, like the music Ap, complete with artist name and track name, and skip button. When streaming the audio this way, the sound is fine, comparable to satellite without the frequent dropouts caused by trees and hills where I live. When plugged into the USB port, you also get album art, thumbs up or down, and other Pandora functions. None of this is explained in the ATS user manual or guides.

  6. #36
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by whidbeyben View Post
    Have had my ATS4 2.0T a few weeks and love it, but the CUE Pandora was a bit of an enigma. My iPhone 4S pairs easily and automatically but the CUE Pandora Ap will only work with the iPhone if it is connected via the USB charge/sync cable to one of the built in USB ports. The CUE Ap erroneously reports "no Bluetooth Connection" when the iPhone is unplugged from the USB. The iPhone remains paired via Bluetooth for phone functions, but the CUE's native Pandora Ap can apparently only access the iPhone's internet stream via the USB charge/sync port. This may be because to stream the internet connection via bluetooth would be a form of "tethering", which AT&T will insist that you pay extra to do with an iPhone. If I simply ignore the CUE Pandora Ap and access the Pandora Ap on the iPhone , then go to Audio>My Media, Pandora streams over Bluetooth, like the music Ap, complete with artist name and track name, and skip button. When streaming the audio this way, the sound is fine, comparable to satellite without the frequent dropouts caused by trees and hills where I live. When plugged into the USB port, you also get album art, thumbs up or down, and other Pandora functions. None of this is explained in the ATS user manual or guides.
    Hello whidbeyben,

    Congrats on your ATS; glad to hear you are loving it! I am sorry you had an issues with pairing Pandora with the CUE system. I do not know why the manual does not provide this information for the customer. I know others have had issues figuring out Pandora connection with the USB also. Thanks for providing this information on the Pandora system to share with others.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

  7. #37
    BricksATX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T Base RWD Auto
    Join Date
    Feb 2013
    Posts
    12

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    I too use Pandora on a daily basis. The problems I have seem to stem from starting my car when my phone does not have a signal or when my phone is locked (Droid RAZR with PIN lock). This happens frequently because it is parked in a multilevel parking garage both at home and at work, and my phone locks after one minute of inactivity.

    The lock problem is a problem with the Pandora Android app. The app does not start until after the phone is unlocked. This causes CUE to report that it doesn't have a device connection. Unless I remember to unlock my phone before getting in my car and driving away, this means I do not listen to Pandora on that trip. This could be fixed by Pandora adding the DISABLE_KEYGUARD permission to the app and unlocking the phone when CUE connects to it. It would be very helpful if someone at GM could call Pandora and tell them to fix this. This is low-hanging fruit.

    The signal problem seems to be that CUE tries to connect to the app on the phone three times before giving up. If I do not have signal before the third time, I need to switch away from the Pandora CUE app and back to it before it will try again. Couldn't it just continuously retry or have the Pandora phone app let it know when it has a signal? I'm sure there is a better solution to this. If I am on the Pandora CUE app, I want to listen to Pandora. It does me no good to have CUE stop trying to connect to my phone after three tries. I don't see a downside to it continuously trying to connect. If the reason for this was a concern about phone battery life, please give me a checkbox in the app settings I can check to make it retry continuously and leave it unchecked by default.

    @Cadillac Cust Svc: Would it be possible for you to look into these things?

  8. #38
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by BricksATX View Post
    I too use Pandora on a daily basis. The problems I have seem to stem from starting my car when my phone does not have a signal or when my phone is locked (Droid RAZR with PIN lock). This happens frequently because it is parked in a multilevel parking garage both at home and at work, and my phone locks after one minute of inactivity.

    The lock problem is a problem with the Pandora Android app. The app does not start until after the phone is unlocked. This causes CUE to report that it doesn't have a device connection. Unless I remember to unlock my phone before getting in my car and driving away, this means I do not listen to Pandora on that trip. This could be fixed by Pandora adding the DISABLE_KEYGUARD permission to the app and unlocking the phone when CUE connects to it. It would be very helpful if someone at GM could call Pandora and tell them to fix this. This is low-hanging fruit.

    The signal problem seems to be that CUE tries to connect to the app on the phone three times before giving up. If I do not have signal before the third time, I need to switch away from the Pandora CUE app and back to it before it will try again. Couldn't it just continuously retry or have the Pandora phone app let it know when it has a signal? I'm sure there is a better solution to this. If I am on the Pandora CUE app, I want to listen to Pandora. It does me no good to have CUE stop trying to connect to my phone after three tries. I don't see a downside to it continuously trying to connect. If the reason for this was a concern about phone battery life, please give me a checkbox in the app settings I can check to make it retry continuously and leave it unchecked by default.

    @Cadillac Cust Svc: Would it be possible for you to look into these things?
    Hello BricksATX,

    I understand how an issue with Pandora can be frustrating. I would feel the same way if I were you. I appreciate the fact that you brought this to our attention. There is a phone number to contact representatives for the CUE system. The number is 855-428-3669, Hours of Operation: 8:00am to 10:00pm EST Seven days a week. They may be able to assist you with your issue. I can be reached via private message if you would like to discuss your concern further or have any other issues.

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  9. #39
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    Posts
    335
    I'd just like to say (as the creator of this thread) that Pandora streaming from my phone is still a very poor experience!.. The only reason that I haven't given anymore input to this thread recently is because my faith in GM or the CUE team to actually fix the problems we are experiencing is extremely low.

    I regularly see "no Internet connection" or "no Bluetooth signal" however I can clearly see my phone connected under the phone screen, and can even load Pandora on my phone and then Bluetooth stream the audio through CUE.
    So while I'm clearly able to load Pandora on my phone, connect to the phone through CUE, and stream the sound over Bluetooth, I'll still regularly get the 2 error messages I described prior.. It's just not reliable, and I know I'm not the only one with these issues.

    Are these problems very likely Pandora's to fix?.. Very likely, however reading through the CUE developer literature it should be tested by the CUE team prior to allowing it in the system. I have a feeling GM gets paid plenty to include it with CUE.

  10. #40
    pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS
    Join Date
    Mar 2009
    Location
    Gaffney, SC
    Posts
    145

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    i too use Pandora, however thru an iPhone that is cabled (this in itself is very frustrating, however I understand the design limitations of IOS at this time). I get similar errors as those described above. Pandora will disconnect, show "no internet connection" and will even appear as though it is connected, but will not play. I have to switch to another audio source, close the pandora app on the iPhone and re-launch Pandora from CUE. In some of the information on IOS 7 it appears that Apple is making bluetooth audio accessible to developers. I can only imagine what will happen when Pandora starts to use the already poorly implemented bluetooth in CUE.

  11. #41
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    i too use Pandora, however thru an iPhone that is cabled (this in itself is very frustrating, however I understand the design limitations of IOS at this time). I get similar errors as those described above. Pandora will disconnect, show "no internet connection" and will even appear as though it is connected, but will not play. I have to switch to another audio source, close the pandora app on the iPhone and re-launch Pandora from CUE. In some of the information on IOS 7 it appears that Apple is making bluetooth audio accessible to developers. I can only imagine what will happen when Pandora starts to use the already poorly implemented bluetooth in CUE.
    Hello pkadanec,

    I apologize that the Pandora system is not functioning properly for you. I wanted to provide the number for the CUE system. They can be reached at 855-428-3669. Shoot me a private message if you are able to get in contact with them and let me know what they say. We can further discuss any concerns if you would like.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  12. #42
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Join Date
    Sep 2012
    Location
    North Aurora, IL
    Posts
    335
    (Even though I was ignored)
    I'd really prefer the Cadillac Customer Support to help people online as opposed to people having to call in and spend time on the phone. Is there a reason that help can be done here on the forum?..
    I personally don't want to call the CUE helpline. I do appreciate having the option, but I feel this forum and your presence should be enough to get things accomplished.

  13. #43
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    (Even though I was ignored)
    I'd really prefer the Cadillac Customer Support to help people online as opposed to people having to call in and spend time on the phone. Is there a reason that help can be done here on the forum?..
    I personally don't want to call the CUE helpline. I do appreciate having the option, but I feel this forum and your presence should be enough to get things accomplished.
    Hello bungee91,

    I did not mean to ignore you. I apologize if you feel that I skipped over your concern. The reason I provided the phone number is because they are the best people to further assist you with your concern and they may need to be in contact directly with you to possibly walk you through steps while you are physically in your vehicle. I am more than happy to contact the CUE team on your behalf if you would like, however I am not able to guarantee I can get a resolution while speaking with them. I appreciate your feedback and I will document it so our proper internal resources are leveraged. Please private message me if you would like my involvement throughout this process.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

  14. #44
    CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Location
    Oakville, Ontario, Canada
    Posts
    196

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hello bungee91,

    I did not mean to ignore you. I apologize if you feel that I skipped over your concern. The reason I provided the phone number is because they are the best people to further assist you with your concern and they may need to be in contact directly with you to possibly walk you through steps while you are physically in your vehicle. I am more than happy to contact the CUE team on your behalf if you would like, however I am not able to guarantee I can get a resolution while speaking with them. I appreciate your feedback and I will document it so our proper internal resources are leveraged. Please private message me if you would like my involvement throughout this process.

    Regards,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care
    Perhaps if the special CUE team would monitor the forum and be able to assist with explanations (solutions or confirmation of problem and that they are working on a fix), others on the forum (including us more poorly served Canadians who will not be serviced by those special CUE experts) having the same problem can learn from the posted replies also eliminating some calls to those experts by USA users.

  15. #45
    Cadillac Cust Svc's Avatar
    Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Michigan
    Posts
    10,890

    Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

    Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    Perhaps if the special CUE team would monitor the forum and be able to assist with explanations (solutions or confirmation of problem and that they are working on a fix), others on the forum (including us more poorly served Canadians who will not be serviced by those special CUE experts) having the same problem can learn from the posted replies also eliminating some calls to those experts by USA users.
    Hello CDN XTS,

    Have you reached out to GM of Canada yet? I agree with you that having a special CUE team monitor the forum and be able to assist with explanations or solutions would be a great asset to the forum. We appreciate your feedback and I will pass your recommendation along. I apologize for any vehicle issues you are experiencing. If you would like me to provide you with the phone number for GM of Canada, please let me know.

    Sincerely,

    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.



Bookmarks

Cadillac Posting Rules

  • You may post new threads
  • You may post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
Read about Lincoln | Buick | Kia Forte Forum
Need products for your Cadillac? Check out your options at the links below:

custom floor mats | Cadillac Chrome and Black Chrome Wheels | window tinting