Cadillac Owners Forum banner

Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

20K views 49 replies 17 participants last post by  jeffc83 
#1 ·
I just have to wonder if everyone has the same experience as me with Pandora not exactly being reliable from a day to day basis.
For reference I'm using Bluetooth with a Nexus 4 on Android 4.2.2.

I will say I use Pandora daily, it is my go-to for music in the car.

The problems that I have are inconsistencies, and connection issues.

For instance a lot of times it doesn't connect when first getting into my vehicle and just shows "no internet connection" (yes I have an internet connection on my phone at the time), there is no way to fix this I've found without restarting my phone and then going to another media source and back to Pandora (I've tried force stopping Pandora (on the phone), and also toggling Bluetooth on and off (CUE hates me when I do that, I wouldn't recommend it, I thought I broke Pandora for good...LOL)).

Sometimes when skipping songs or a track change I lose all audio, however Pandora is still playing and I can control it and the display is updating however there is no longer audio until the next time I get into my car and therefore it is restarted and then works again.

Sound quality is also somewhat poppy and glitchy, however I'm guessing this is also related to Android 4.2.2 making the matter worse (a known issue).

I had issues with my other phone and the older CUE also, so I don't think it is just me. The question is if not, is it the CUE team who needs to fix it, or Pandora?.. I'd guess both working together, but not sure.

Anyhow, anyone who uses it regularly I'd love to know your experiences with it.
Thanks for any input.

-----------------------------------------------------------
CUE team, I'd be more that willing to allow logging/debugging if possible on my car to send logs to help resolve these issues.
If it needs to be more on the phone end with a logcat or a dump of some sort I'd be more than willing to provide that info also if it'd be of help.

See less See more
#40 ·
i too use Pandora, however thru an iPhone that is cabled (this in itself is very frustrating, however I understand the design limitations of IOS at this time). I get similar errors as those described above. Pandora will disconnect, show "no internet connection" and will even appear as though it is connected, but will not play. I have to switch to another audio source, close the pandora app on the iPhone and re-launch Pandora from CUE. In some of the information on IOS 7 it appears that Apple is making bluetooth audio accessible to developers. I can only imagine what will happen when Pandora starts to use the already poorly implemented bluetooth in CUE.

#41 ·
Hello pkadanec,

I apologize that the Pandora system is not functioning properly for you. I wanted to provide the number for the CUE system. They can be reached at 855-428-3669. Shoot me a private message if you are able to get in contact with them and let me know what they say. We can further discuss any concerns if you would like.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#42 ·
(Even though I was ignored)
I'd really prefer the Cadillac Customer Support to help people online as opposed to people having to call in and spend time on the phone. Is there a reason that help can be done here on the forum?..
I personally don't want to call the CUE helpline. I do appreciate having the option, but I feel this forum and your presence should be enough to get things accomplished.

#43 ·
Hello bungee91,

I did not mean to ignore you. I apologize if you feel that I skipped over your concern. The reason I provided the phone number is because they are the best people to further assist you with your concern and they may need to be in contact directly with you to possibly walk you through steps while you are physically in your vehicle. I am more than happy to contact the CUE team on your behalf if you would like, however I am not able to guarantee I can get a resolution while speaking with them. I appreciate your feedback and I will document it so our proper internal resources are leveraged. Please private message me if you would like my involvement throughout this process.

Regards,

Laura M.
Cadillac Customer Care

#48 ·
I know this is an older thread. I upgraded from Galaxy s3 to Iphone 6 and have the same issue. The android worked perfectly, and the iphone did not. After calling CUE support they said that the only way to make the the Cue Pandora app work with the iPhone is by attaching it to the USB. You can still stream it via bluetooth, just not with the native Pandora app

#49 ·
Just a thought, a little off the topic: I'm a songwriter and performer who, like thousands of other composers and the organizations that represent us (BMI, ASCAP), has a big problem with Pandora. It's convenient and wildly popular, but unlike satellite radio, terrestrial radio, and other audio media, Pandora pays virtually nothing to songwriters, copyright holders, and music publishers for the use of their intellectual property. May I respectfully suggest that you make use of Sirius/XM or some other medium? Thanks for considering it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.