Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone? - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept have you called the CUE team yet? 855-4CUE-NOW at least get your model and version on ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Re: Pandora - Does it Work Reliably for Anyone?

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    have you called the CUE team yet?
    855-4CUE-NOW

at least get your model and version on their buglist
    I have not, I suppose I may do that.
    I'm pretty sure any phone with 4.2.2 would have the similar problems, but being that's about (officially anyhow) 2 phones in all, it's probably not that big of a concern to them.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

yeah i would definitely call in then ... the sooner a complaint is logged the sooner they'll get on it
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

sqkid89 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0L Performance RWD

I'm running android 4.2.2 and also have issues with connecting pandora via bluetooth. As previously mentioned, there are some bugs in Jelly Bean regarding bluetooth. I found that as long as I reset the phone before getting back into the car again, it will work without issue. A slight annoyance, but simple enough

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

I use pandora exclusively for audio in my car ... i've got an iPhone4s on AT&T
    i subscribe to pandora one and i use the higer quality audio
    i almost never have any problems with connectivity

i would assume connectivity issues with pandora to not be cue related ... next time you're having problems try unpairing the phone from the car and see if you're still having problems getting it to stream just through the phone
    I also have a Iphone (it's 4 and not 4s) and have to use the usb to stream.....why can't we use blue tooth like all the other phones?....also, do you find the audio quality worth the upgrade to Pandora one?

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    I also have a Iphone (it's 4 and not 4s) and have to use the usb to stream.....why can't we use blue tooth like all the other phones?....also, do you find the audio quality worth the upgrade to Pandora one?
    I believe the requirement to use USB for streaming is more on the Apple side, and not on CUE, I don't believe (for whatever reason) Apple allows that.
    As for Bluetooth, the quality isn't the best but is mostly acceptable. I do believe the quality difference to Pandora One is worth it, but that's just an opinion.
    I have problems with Bluetooth stutters/jidders however I believe that to be from a known Android problem with Bluetooth streaming and the current version of Android.

cdp
    cdp is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6 Premium. Opulent Blue

My nearly two year old blackberry seems to work fine, although i don't stream Pandora in my car every day. Was going to upgrade to Android (maybe iPhone if they allow Bluetooth streaming to the CUE Pandora app) this summer but now I'm wondering if I should hold off

I sub to pandora one for no commercials ... the audio quality bump is just an added bonus
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

I don't get any commercials when streaming through CUE. Seems that Pandora doesn't stream ads when you're using an accessory device.

And the higher-quality audio is only applicable when streaming to a PC, apparently.

Pandora on the Web plays 64k AAC+ for free listeners and 192k for Pandora One subscribers. All in-home devices play 128k audio, and mobile devices receive a variety of different rates depending on the capability of the device and the network they are on, but never more than 64k AAC+.
    http://help.pandora.com/customer/por...-audio-quality

I don't believe non "one" subscribers have the option for higher quality audio in the settings. It certainly does make a difference.

if i recall correctly (and from reading the pandora faq quoted by sircuss)
    the higher audio quality setting is available for all pandora users in the settings
    but it is set to lower quality by default in case you're on edge or 3g
    choosing the higher audio quality on a mobile device forces the 64k aac+
    one subscribers get better audio on the desktop/web app (192k)

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

I'm not a subscriber, and I have the setting on my Android device (also no commercials using CUE!). It seems like changing that setting made a difference for me, but I'm not 100%. I don't get the clicks on various tracks anymore, so good enough for me...

But if we're already getting 64k AAC+, and it won't increase any further if we subscribe, then I guess there's no motivator to sign up for One since I stream Grooveshark when I'm at a PC. Would REALLY like to see a Grooveshark app for CUE...

I'm glad to hear everyone gets the higher quality option, I wasn't sure as I've been a "One" subscriber for a while now.

I certainly still get pops and clicks, more so initially on track changes or just starting Pandora from CUE.

I still see "no Internet connection" quite often. It's odd too, because I can be listening to it fine, get out of the car and when I return it then no longer works until a phone reboot. (most of the time, sometimes I can toggle in and back and it'll work, but not most times).

I'll call the CUE hotline soon, as it seems that Codeman has disappeared from our forums.

pops and clicks and buzzes are usually bluetooth hiccups ... i never have any playback sound quality issues with pandora when i'm not streaming through bluetooth

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

On the iPhone, you have the allow the Pandora App to be controlled once per session otherwise you get the "Internet Connection Not Available". Until you disconnect the phone from USB, you won't get that message again.

pops and clicks and buzzes are usually bluetooth hiccups ... i never have any playback sound quality issues with pandora when i'm not streaming through bluetooth
    Yep I agree, when I used to use it via 3.5mm audio jack, I had no quality issues with Pandora whatsoever (previous vehicle, Aux in).
    If Android had the option for USB with control through CUE I'd certainly try it. Having it wireless and your phone in your pocket is pretty nice (in theory), however clearly has it's shortcomings (in my experiences so far anyhow).

Quote Originally Posted by Yplus View Post
    On the iPhone, you have the allow the Pandora App to be controlled once per session otherwise you get the "Internet Connection Not Available". Until you disconnect the phone from USB, you won't get that message again.
    Gotcha, Android here, hopefully that suggestion may help someone else though.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.