Problem after C.U.E. update
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Problem after C.U.E. update in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello, Had the CUE update done on my XTS Premium, but didn't drive it home from the dealership. Drove it ...
    marathonman89 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Problem after C.U.E. update

Hello,

Had the CUE update done on my XTS Premium, but didn't drive it home from the dealership. Drove it first time today and noticed that every time I start the car I get a "Loading Map" screen for about 10 seconds. No big deal, but I have to admit I liked the Pre Update where the Nav Map was just there.

My problem is not the Nav startup screen but the fact that I no longer have any vibrating warning in the seats, chime only. I called Cadillac CUE, they are clueless and will get back to me after they research the issue. Going to the vehicle options only has an option to turn chimes on or off nothing about vibrating seat warnings.

Anybody out there having a similar issue. Anybody know if I am missing a setting.

Thanks in advance for any help or suggestions you can offer.

Pete

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

C5V2 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2011 CTSV Coupe

Re: Problem after C.U.E. update

There is a switch by the driver's left knee that turns it on & off on the ATS.

Bigdogwes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

I experienced the same issue after a memory seat update in January. Also lost many options on my CUE vehicle settings screen. Took it back and they reprogrammed the seat module and all worked fine. Getting CUE updated tomorrow. Will test all functions before I leave lot to ensure same issue does not happen...Can't stand those chimes!!!

Razlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS
    I had my CUE updated today in my XTS and the vibrating seat option is gone. It disappeared after some updates were done two weeks ago. I had hoped the CUE update would restore it but it did not. Dealer checked two XTSs on lot that they had updated and found same problem on them. Dealer is trying to get an answer from Cadillac regarding the problem.

Bigdogwes is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdogwes View Post
    I experienced the same issue after a memory seat update in January. Also lost many options on my CUE vehicle settings screen. Took it back and they reprogrammed the seat module and all worked fine. Getting CUE updated tomorrow. Will test all functions before I leave lot to ensure same issue does not happen...Can't stand those chimes!!!

Got the CUE update and WOPW what a difference. All my music options work as advetised, greeting voice is muck nicer, also. Haven't got a list of all that the update was supposed to fix but so far so good.

Seat vibrating issues are associated with the seat module update. make them do it again and it should solve the problem.

Razlaw is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Dealer contacted me today and said problem was the seat module and would be a 10 minute fix. Sitting at dealer now while they do it.

marathonman89 is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2008 STS V6 DI, 2013 XTS Premium FWD

Original poster here.

Dealership came to house yesterday, dropped off a 2013 SRX and took my car in to fix the lane warning and front/rear detection vibrating seat issue. Got it back today and all is good. Funny thing though, menu options I had before the first CUE update were missing after the first update and are back after getting the car back today post CUE second update. Makes me wonder if they blew the first update.
    Anyway, all is good again, and for those of you that posted about the seat module update, thank you, as I did mention it to the service writer.

Pete

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.