New CUE update and Siri attn: Codeman
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree10Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, New CUE update and Siri attn: Codeman in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Is there anyway to activate Siri without having to touch the home button on the iPhone?...
    cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

New CUE update and Siri attn: Codeman

Is there anyway to activate Siri without having to touch the home button on the iPhone?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jsanford is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1981 Eldorado Biarritz 8-6-4
    No, you must hold down the home button on the iPhone to activate Siri. The steering wheel button can only be used to activate the CUE voice control.

Sweetness is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: New CUE update and Siri attn: Codeman

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    Is there anyway to activate Siri without having to touch the home button on the iPhone?
    I believe the way it works is you hold the voice/call button on the steering wheel for 5 secs, and Siri comes on like the iPhone. But I am not getting my update till Monday, so not sure it works that way.

I'm wrong - after getting my update, Siri works really well, but you can only communicate with it via the iPhone home button. The steering wheel buttons have no effect.

unclemoose is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD Performance - Radiant Silver Metallic

I tried using Siri with the CUE update via the steering wheel controls and it didn't work. You have to use the iphone button.

I tried following the instructions for 'Voice Pass Thru' from the original owners manual (say Bluetooth and then say Voice) but CUE just says it does not understand the Bluetooth command...

Maybe the next update will get us a way to implement this via the steering wheel *cough cough*
    MotoDC and MotoDC like this.

SLA
    SLA is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 ATS 2.0T 6MT, 05 LGT, 97 M3

I've seen Chevy advertising Siri activation through a steering wheel button on the $15,000 Sonic.

Why this is not a feature on our ATS that cost more than twice as much, I don't know.

This is a big one Caddy. We need this feature asap!
    cullama213 and cullama213 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post
    I've seen Chevy advertising Siri activation through a steering wheel button on the $15,000 Sonic.

Why this is not a feature on our ATS that cost more than twice as much, I don't know.

Saw the commercial yesterday! I hope they held off on this feature in the update so that they could market the sonic as being the first...

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by unclemoose View Post
    I tried using Siri with the CUE update via the steering wheel controls and it didn't work. You have to use the iphone button.
    I tried following the instructions for 'Voice Pass Thru' from the original owners manual (say Bluetooth and then say Voice) but CUE just says it does not understand the Bluetooth command...

Maybe the next update will get us a way to implement this via the steering wheel *cough cough*
    Quote Originally Posted by SLA View Post

Unclemoose, cullama, and SLA, thank you for your feedback! I'm going to document your comments where the proper GM teams can view them. And, of course, if you have any CUE questions in the meantime, please don't hesitate to get in touch with our Infotainment Customer Support Team (855-428-3669, open Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST).

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    MotoDC, MotoDC, unclemoose and 3 others like this.

According to press releases, the new CTS will have Siri Eyes Free built in... Cadillac Customer Service, can you tell us if first gen CUE owners are going to be getting Eyes Free via a software update?

Cadillac Cust Svc is offline Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

According to press releases, the new CTS will have Siri Eyes Free built in... Cadillac Customer Service, can you tell us if first gen CUE owners are going to be getting Eyes Free via a software update?
    Hello cullama213,

At this time, we are not aware of any plans to offer an update. Once we get closer to the release date of the Siri Eyes, I will be happy to check for any additional information. Have a great night.

Sincerely,
    Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Service

macklobell is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum

Siri eyes free is now available on the 2014 CTS so can you please check and see if this will be integrated into the 2013 XTS via software upgrade.

pissedoffwookiee is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

2014 ATS has a new icon in CUE that activates SIRI .... it's a picture of a microphone

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Laura, I would expect that since CUE was sold to us with the expectation that we would be receiving updates that there would be some reasonable published time table for current owners to expect this to occur. From your comments it would appear that, once again, we have been deceived.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

what other device (phone, tablet, pc, etc) publishes time tables for their customers to expect updates?

there are going to be updates... there have been updates... no - they aren't saying what/when those updates will be (sorry)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

The method that GM has decided on to install updates may turn out to be a costly one. It would appear that only GM certified dealers will be able to install any update which means that the dealers will get paid for several hours of work. Although I am not sure how much they will be paid they do require manhours to install and then check out each car. It would seem with computer updates going out nightly to computers all over the world with no interference or assistance from anyone that the GM system might be a little ancient. I understand the legal ramifications of a system that can conceivably affect safety but then partial updates would seem to be away around a total redo of the entire OS every time. I get updates all the time that only affect one or two issues but does not require a total replacement of system data. Is this possible on our cars? How about the use of SD cards or CD's? I am not computer literate enough to understand why we have such a complex system.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.