Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version)
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I wanted to start a new thread that focused primarily on the new version of Cue that everyone should be ...
    bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version)

I wanted to start a new thread that focused primarily on the new version of Cue that everyone should be getting soon or have received lately.
    The old thread titled "Cue Wishlist/Fix/Refinement thread" has gotten very large and also a lot of the problems people talk about have been fixed in this new release!
    As you know it is more common to talk about problems than to give praise, however I do want to say the update is vastly better than it was prior to, and to give some positive feedback/kudos to the team and also Codeman for taking the time to listen and use our feedback to make Cue overall better.

EDIT, apparently this forum only allows editing for a couple of days, so once that happens I won't be able to edit this post. I don't know why that's the case as I think it is a really stupid policy!

I'd REALLY like to make this first post list the problems people have had, for easy accessibility to all who comes to read it. With that in mind I'd like to edit this post and add (with your name next to it) your comments where appropriate. Therefore ideas and such don't get buried under pages and pages of comments (some will certainly not be helpful comments also...LOL). This will then be easier to read by all, and have a lot of information easily accessible (it is my hope anyway).
    I don't have a lot of issues that I've noticed so far, and hopefully the list will remain small.

*If my editing of what you've stated isn't to your liking, please let me know. I'm trying to make things concise and clear, but I'm sure I'll make mistakes along the way

ATS Current version #'s for reference (from my car at least, with all known updates)
    Software Version: 23150273
    Gracenote: 22993544
    Map: 22993553

Problems

General

Pandora
    [bungee91] Still getting "Check connected device" at times. The only way to fix this seems to be to reboot the phone and then go to another source and then back to Pandora. This is over Bluetooth with a Nexus 4 on Android 4.2.2. I believe it to be an issue with the phone going into accessory mode, as a restart and a toggle fixes it.
    ----------(ewired) Mine does this currently as well. iPhone5 plugged into either USB. Usually have to reopen app and once it see the connected to accessory screen it magically reappears on CUE.

Navigation
    [marktanner] (while using nav to a destination) The audio prompts stopped working, as did all of the other prompts, split screen features, and arrival time feature. I checked in the settings, and audio prompts were turned off. I turned it back on, but still no prompts. No prompts in the DIC or HUD, either. This morning, fortunately, all was back to normal.
    [marktanner] I used the Nav for a few destinations. One address was not located properly, for which I blame MapQuest/Navtec.

Climate Control
    [bungee91] Heat setting seems to un-"sync" at times when I start the car, and I swear I had it synced prior to, however when I go to the climate control it has both zones at different temperatures. - I'll watch this to see if I'm not just crazy

USB/SD Card

Voice Command

Weather
    [marktanner] when I get into weather alerts, I cannot get back to my original Nav view without going through the home screen first.

Suggestions/Improvements

General
    [bungee91] Can the new startup sound on Cue be selectable on/off under settings? It is cool at first, but annoying at other times, an option would be appreciated.
    **********[codeman71] Yes there is a setting for this. In Settings, choose Radio. Then select Audio Cue Volume. If you turn it off here you shouldn't get those sounds any more
    [ewired] My take on CUE. Give us the freedom to adjust the programming of what CUE can do. If you did not build this device to be accessible to the programming scenes for the end user, then you should allow us to make personal changes to the USER interface via some type of Service and make that available through USB updates that we could do in our driveway.
    I'm thinking more like when I Unlock my car with my Remote it knows its me. Tune to my station, put my climate to the temp I like by monitoring the current outside temp not the last set temp. Put my car in SPORT mode, hell even open my roof depending on set temps and be smart enough to know if its rained don't open the roof, we have a RainSense sensor.....

Pandora
    [bungee91] Steering wheel controls next button doesn't go to next song (as it does for USB/SD) and when pressed changes to an XM station (in my case). - Intentional?
    ----------[ewired] We should be able to use the next of the wheel. I feel that if the app can not be controlled via the button, turn that damn button off when Pandora is selected!
    [bungee91] When selecting a station under browse, after making a selection it should just go back to the now playing screen without having to press exit in the upper right corner every time (my opinion at least).
    ----------[ewired] I think I would rather have to exit the screen after selecting the browsed station like it does prior to update. I prefer the way it works now. What if the station you just selected is something you do not like and what to select another one? If the CUE goes to the Now Playing screen you would have to go back to the browse page. Would you rather have to go back to the browse button to reselect a station or being sitting on the browse page? I'll take the way it is now.

Navigation

Climate Control

USB/SD Card
    [bungee91] I'd really like the option for a file/folder view somewhere under the browse section.

Voice Command
    [bungee91] When asking for a particular artist to play, if the artist isn't an option (meaning I thought I had it on a USB/SD card, but didn't) I think the response should give some sort of feedback of that. Being that Cue can understand what you're saying, maybe a response of "The artist The Who (for example) isn't an option, did you mean ..."?. I just think it would make her sound more like she understood as opposed to me thinking she was wrong, and then looking, and then finding out I'm the idiot and she was correct. Can she read back what you said in her words? So then again "The Who isn't an option, do you mean ..."?

Weather
    [bungee91] Have Cue read the weather alerts to you if you choose to "learn more" or access the alerts menu. Trying to read (sometimes) an entire page of a weather alert while driving doesn't seem too forward thinking

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    To be clear I have not received the update yet.
    My replies are with my experience before the update.

Ironically my ATS was in for service Thursday and Friday and didn't get the update due to my dealer not receiving the update yet. Shrugs...no biggie but don't understand it either.

My response it to the PANDORA section

1. Pandora did that from the start. I agree with you. We should be able to use the next of the wheel. Bummer to see the update doesn't address this. But I understand the thinking behind it. I feel that if the app can not be controlled via the button, turn that damn button off when Pandora is selected! It sure beats getting booted from Pandora because you pushed the wrong button.

2. Mine does this currently as well. iPhone5 plugged into either USB. Usually have to reopen app and once it see the connected to accessory screen it magically reappears on CUE.

3. I think I would rather have to exit the screen after selecting the browsed station like it does prior to update. I prefer the way it works now. What if the station you just selected is something you do not like and what to select another one? If the CUE goes to the Now Playing screen you would have to go back to the browse page. Would you rather have to go back to the browse button to reselect a station or being sitting on the browse page? I'll take the way it is now.

My take on CUE. Give us the freedom to adjust the programming of what CUE can do. If you did not build this device to be accessible to the programming scenes for the end user, then you should allow us to make personal changes to the USER interface via some type of Service and make that available through USB updates that we could do in our driveway.

I'm thinking more like when I Unlock my car with my Remote it knows its me. Tune to my station, put my climate to the temp I like by monitoring the current outside temp not the last set temp. Put my car in SPORT mode, hell even open my roof depending on set temps and be smart enough to know if its rained don't open the roof, we have a RainSense sensor.....

Edit away

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Re: Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version)

My car came with the update. It's better than the first edition, but still has bugs. For instance, when I get into weather alerts, I cannot get back to my original Nav view without going through the home screen first. Also, yesterday, I used the Nav for a few destinations. One address was not located properly, for which I blame MapQuest/Navtec. After finally finding the correct location, using the maps, I then used the Nav to plot my way home. The audio prompts stopped working, as did all of the other prompts, split screen features, and arrival time feature. I checked in the settings, and audio prompts were turned off. I turned it back on, but still no prompts. No prompts in the DIC or HUD, either. This morning, fortunately, all was back to normal.

A question: when one wants to cancel a route, how do you do it on the screen? I can't find a command for it, except by voice.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by marktanner View Post
    A question: when one wants to cancel a route, how do you do it on the screen? I can't find a command for it, except by voice.
    You can do it on the DIC by highlighting and selecting the Nav view... then clicking "End Route". Or you can do it through your center stack through the Menu button I believe.
    MotoDC and MotoDC like this.

Updated, thank you!

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    [bungee91] Can the new startup sound on Cue be selectable on/off under settings? It is cool at first, but annoying at other times, an option would be appreciated.
    Yes there is a setting for this. In Settings, choose Radio. Then select Audio Cue Volume. If you turn it off here you shouldn't get those sounds any more.

Gerry863 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

It appears that a CUE update takes place at a Cadillac dealership. Is there any mechanism to provide an update via an SD card, USB, or remotely via an Internet connection? I live a good distance away from a dealer and it would be quite a drive including time lost. Can a GM dealer do it? I only live 5 minutes away from a GMC shop. I would hate to have to bring in my PC computer every time it needed an update.

This also holds true for the Premium Maintenance Program.This isn't part of this discussion thread but can that also be done by a GMC dealer? My somewhat local (60 minutes away) Caddy dealer went out of business a couple years back.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    Yes there is a setting for this. In Settings, choose Radio. Then select Audio Cue Volume. If you turn it off here you shouldn't get those sounds any more.
    Good thinking, thanks! I did see that option, however I didn't know that it specifically effected the start up volume.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I cannot speak for GM, however I asked this same question, and you must use a Cadillac dealer for your Cadillac Shield maintenance, they must also be the ones that perform the update. The update for your vehicle is related to your VIN, so any recalls will be performed at the same time. You will be getting a full tank of gas, a $50 Visa gift card and a loaner vehical if the updates to your vehicle take longer than a few hours. Again, i am just a customer, but this is what I was told.

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by Gerry863 View Post
    It appears that a CUE update takes place at a Cadillac dealership. Is there any mechanism to provide an update via an SD card, USB, or remotely via an Internet connection?
    Not currently. All updates for CUE must be done at a dealership. I heard of two future possibilities for the software updates. One being through OnStar, just like sending you directions to your nav, but sending update information. The second being that future versions of these models will have built-in wifi. Therefore not needing a phone for Pandora or a dealership for updates. Keep your fingers crossed, but don't hold your breath.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

FYI, the forum will only let you edit your post for a few days (you're probably close to getting cut off if you haven't already)
    ... after that you will need a moderator to edit it for you

----------

with respect to having to go to a dealer for the update i think it's a matter of there just being too many ways for things to go wrong

there's probably 1000 dealer employees across the country that got trained (or are getting trained) to do these updates
    there's enough that could go wrong as it is

for instance:
    one xts that was being programmed overnight got it's battery tender unplugged by someone who didn't know better as they were shutting down the shop at the end of the day
    that caused quite the scene in the morning ... dead battery, half installed update, cue that wouldn't boot up...
    we had to call GM and get them to tell us how to proceed since that wasn't one of the planned for scenarios that was in the training
    imagine the crazy situations people could get themselves into if they did the update themselves

it's more of a quality of service vs convenience trade-off that Cadillac is choosing between
    they would rather inconvenience you to come to a dealer for the service (and get it done right)
    than make it convenient for you but end up dealing with the myriad scenarios that people would eventually find themselves in
    and even then if something goes wrong it wasn't your fault (as the owner) and Cadillac can make it right

i'm the kind of person that would appreciate the convenience factor of doing an update myself
    and i could trust myself to follow any directions and get it done right (as i'm sure most people a forum like this would have confidence that they wouldn't mess it up)
    but we're not really the typical owner and even there are other 'out of our control'

most people who mess up their PCs don't realize that it was their actions that messed up the PC
    they browsed to that website
    they were using IE instead of a safer browser
    they didn't update windows or their virus protection
    they forgot to backup their important data even when there were warning signs of hard drive failure
    but they blame the stupid computer, right?

cadillac doesn't want people getting mad or frustrated at all in any interaction with them
    so this update process is not as convenient as it could be (knowing the technological possibilities that are available)
    but there is much less chance at someone having a bad experience

----------

sorry for the wall of text
    Marc NY and Marc NY like this.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    FYI, the forum will only let you edit your post for a few days (you're probably close to getting cut off if you haven't already)
    ... after that you will need a moderator to edit it for you
    Thanks for letting me know that, I had no idea.
    It really defeats the focus I was going for with this thread..

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

well if you can get the attention of a mod you can probably PM some edits to them as needed (probably once a day at most... really depending on how much activity there is here)

i do like the idea of a CUE clearinghouse thread
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

One of the buggiest aspects of the OLD software was that I would constantly have to select SHUFFLE every time I wanted to listen to my music in shuffle mode.

With this update is there the ability to keep shuffle turned on indefinitely?

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

My son got a 2012 VW SUV which has digital HD radio. On FM HD stations, the radio shows the logo of the station and when songs are playing, the album artwork is displayed. Could that feature be added to a future update of CUE? Currently CUE shows artwork when one is playing the USB or SD card with MP3 files. The space on the screen is there, it just needs to use the data in the HD stream. I didnt check many radio stations but the one that I saw in Minneapolis that has station logo and artwork is KDWB 101.3.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.