Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version) - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; flycaster: refer to posts #52 and #55 in this thread....
    Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Re: Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version)

flycaster: refer to posts #52 and #55 in this thread.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Shillinger View Post
    Hi Chris, I looked at your #52 post and have some questions.

1. You have the seat set all the way back on #2 while exiting the car. Then you say when unlocking the car, if the seat moves back... If the seat is all the way back on exiting, how can it move further back when re-entering?

2. Also, I have my Vehicle set to move seats into position when the door is opened (don't prefer seats moving with ignition), will you test still work under this configuration.

3. And lastly, assuming you've had the CUE update, have you been able to set two seats to position automatically when either the door is opened or when the ignition is turned on? This is the goal I'm trying to achieve, although I think it won't happen after the removal of Driver Personalization from CUE.

Sorry for the double post. Don't know how it happened. Would like to remove this duplication, but can't see how.

Hi Chris, I looked at your #52 post and have some questions.

1. You have the seat set all the way back on #2 while exiting the car. Then you say when unlocking the car, if the seat moves back... If the seat is all the way back on exiting, how can it move further back when re-entering?

2. Also, I have my Vehicle set to move seats into position when the door is opened (don't prefer seats moving with ignition), will you test still work under this configuration.

3. And lastly, assuming you've had the CUE update, have you been able to set two seats to position automatically when either the door is opened or when the ignition is turned on? This is the goal I'm trying to achieve, although I think it won't happen after the removal of Driver Personalization from CUE.

Let me try and clarify it a little better.

(Post-Update)
    Sit in the driver seat and start the vehicle. Look at the touchscreen. From the Home Page. Choose Settings. Scroll to Vehicle Settings. Select Comfort and Convenience. Select Auto Memory Recall. Choose your selection of Door Open or Ignition On. For my example I will choose ignition on. Then, move the driver seat all the way forward and save it as #1. Move the seat all the way back and save it as #2. Move the seat forward to somehwere in the middle. Shut the car off. Open the driver door. Get out and lock the doors with your remote. Unlock the door with your remote. Start the vehicle. If the seat moves forward, you are using key #1. If the seat moves back, you are using key #2.

Now, save your seat/steering wheel/mirrors (depending on model and package) to the whichever #key you have.

If you have the seats set to recall on door open, then your seat would move when you open the door.
    IMHO, this would defeat the purpose of easy exit options because the seat would move before ever getting in the car.
    You can program seats at any time (assuming your battery is not dead).

I suggest calling the CUE hotline for help. They really are helpful. Best of Luck!

Thanks. Yeah, the part about moving the seat to a middle position before exiting, was missing. Also, as for obviating the Exit option, in my case that is not a problem. My drive position is equivalent to my exit position. I did speak to CUE a few days ago, and to my chagrin, I learned that only one seat button can be automatically programmed post up-date. That's why I asked if after you sorted out the 1 and 2 fobs, could you now program both seats to automatically respond to fobs' 1 and 2 enter positions when entering, or in your case, when the ignition was turned on.

Now I fully understand. That is a good question. Since you have an ATS, I am going to try it out for myself and find out. Check back later today for an answer.

Okay, I tried this is an SRX and it did not remember both positions. BUT, I used an ATS Luxury Manual 2.0T and it did work. I set memory position #1 all the way forward, and memory position #2 all the way back. I unlocked and started the vehicle with key #2 and the seat moved back to position #2. I then turned the vehicle off, exited and locked the vehicle. Unlocked the vehicle and started it with key #1 and the seat moved all the way forward to position #1. I call this myth BUSTED! Your ATS if equipped equally, which it should be close since they are both Luxury Collection, should be able to recognize which key is used to enter and start the vehicle. I wonder if the SRX did not recognize this because it does not have the easy exit option. Just a thought.

Here's my CUE's version #23150273. The "myth" may not have been busted yet as I have heard that the SRX has not been associated with this problem. Try it on an updated ATS. BTW, my workaround, does work.

Here's the solution - SOLVED

First time I spoke to CUE about this, I was told that after the update, only one seat could be set automatically. However, this was only partially true, as I learned after speaking to CUE a second time. After updating CUE the techs are supposed to reset the seat module. Obviously, those of us who don't have two automatic seats after the update, never had a tech complete the job. CUE called my dealer, told them the problem, the fix, and made an appointment to have the seats automated. There is a Tech Bulletin describing the issue and the fix. Its title goes something like this: "Seat memory (can't read my writing) module reprogram service update supplement for the ATS, only," and should be available to the dealers.

Re: Here's the solution - SOLVED

Ah okay. I knew something wasn't right. I was following your posts on the ATS Thread about it and kept checking different vehicles on the lot (I work for a dealership). All of the ATS and XTS here that I tested worked properly post-update. Did you get your DP back?

Re: Here's the solution - SOLVED

... Did you get your DP back?
    Don't know. What's DP?

Driver Personalization

Hopefully, it (DP - Duh) will be restored Friday morning. I'll post results.

Good Luck. I enjoy getting on here and listening to concerns and finding new features and answers to problems. I work at a dealership and my main job is teaching/troubleshooting CUE. So I get tons of useful information here as well as add my two cents. Let me know if everything is fixed.

Linda in JAX is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS 2013 Platinum Black Diamond

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    That's only correct if you had an older model. Mine (Platinum built Jan 10/2013) had the snowflake for the climate control already before this big CUE update. To really confirm the update, and I am quoting this from the Cue update Document given to the dealers - "....from the Home Page, press Settings >Software Information and check the current software part number. If the part number is 23150273 for Navigation vehicles or 23150271 for non-navigation vehicles, the update was successful." That document also states that the update is for the ATS, SRS and XTS, hence no difference as to software part number.
    Jeez, I had to weed thru a lot of posts to finally find this post which was exactly the information I was looking for. Of course, it is information from April and now it is August.

Does anyone know of any more recent versions for CUE software?

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by Linda in JAX View Post
    Jeez, I had to weed thru a lot of posts to finally find this post which was exactly the information I was looking for. Of course, it is information from April and now it is August.
    Or you read the FIRST post to this thread that clearly states

"ATS Current version #'s for reference (from my car at least, with all known updates)
    Software Version: 23150273
    Gracenote: 22993544
    Map: 22993553"

However CUE is still garbage (I'm entitled to my opinion) and I'd yank it from the dash if it wasn't so integrated into the car.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.