Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version) - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can only imagine that your STS was out of warranty otherwise I would ...
    inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version)

Sorry to hear about your troubles. I can only imagine that your STS was out of warranty otherwise I would imagine that you would have demanded that it be fixed. This is another reason to buy extended insurance on these highly automated and computer controlled cars. I would urge all of you who plan on keeping your Cadillac beyond the warranty period to look into the factory warranty program. I simply cannot understand how any man made product would be unfixable.

vi2k13 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium AWD - Platinum Ice/Ebony

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    @ vi2k13. So I'm keeping my eye on it. If I run into the same problem as with my STS and it can't be fixed, this time the car goes back.
    CDN XTS, so sorry to hear about your troubles with STS and hope the XTS will prove to be a lot better vehicle for you. Good luck!

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

we have replaced a couple XTS steering wheels due to a short in the wiring in the steering wheel causing problems with the steering wheel controls

there is a bulletin out there regarding this issue
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

@ inspectorudy & v12k13 Yes the 2003 STS was something else, I liked that car, but when starting the car Voice Control would either engage always until shutting off the car, or it would never engage until shutoff. About a 50/50 chance. This was from the beginning and I did had extended warranties. Trying to correct it went on for a couple of years and must have cost thousands. I kept pointing at the ignition saying starting the car either initialized the voice control or not when turning the key, but was told by various expert (including the second hand feedback from the "developers" that could not be the problem, well the did take the Steering column apart once. Apparently, mine was the only car which had that problem. And yes, Rudy, I agree with you any manmade product should be fixable. Cadillac eventually offered an unspecified discount to buy a newer model. Never could nail them down on the discount issue and given the big drop in re-sale value and since I otherwise loved that car, I finally took the other offer of one year free OnStar, rather than starting a legal argument. As to my XTS, I just hope this isn't a repeat situation. (Here of course a full shutoff requires getting out of the car - after which it worked again - like the STS by just shutting down the engine). However, on the XTS I assume, its software controllable, rather that firmware and whatever else in the STS. Dealer, remembering fully my STS problem, phoned me this morning saying the "expert" was in and they discussed it. Apparently it's a known software glitch and I took it in and they did a software update - have no info as to that specific update, nor did a receive any papers. All I can do is keep an eye on it and if it turns out to be an intermittent problem like with my STS, this time I would not be willing to be so generous and just take a year of free OnStar service. Chris feedback may be another source of my problem and I'll keep that in mind. Would like to here from others if that have noted this problem, given the comment the expert made to the dealer as being software related. Well I keep on the positive side and hope I never see the problem again. My wife says, it must be my German accent, so rather than haven to answer with lots of "pardon" voice control shuts down totally, no matter what car I drive. Ha, ha, ha.

caddyshac is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): SRX 2013

Just got the update and my srx always go to postion 1. No matter which rke I use.

Rich B is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I have had my ATS for 2 months. It is my 19th new car and it is already one of my all time favorites. . Just had the CUE update and that has fixed most of the quirks in the system but the are a few things I would like to see Cadillac improve on.

1. Navigation: I would like to see a screen option for a white background as well as the black.

2. Weather advisories: I would like to see a "dismiss all" button. Yesterday I had 12 advisories pop up at one time each reading the same except for the county or city name.

3. I would like to see an appointment calendar app that would link to my smart phone or ipad with an option to tap on the appointments location and have it go to navigation.

There is one glitch in the navigation system that needs to be fixed. When you program in a destination that is close to an interstate highway that requires you to drive past the destination to get to the nearest exit and backtrack CUE thinks that you have arrived at your destination when you pass it on the highway.

Re: Music play delay/pause at startup

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    I thought one of the fixes of this update was to improve music indexing/caching etc but my SRX does not seem so.

When I start the vehicle, it takes about 30 seconds to play the song that was on in the previous ignition cycle. Even more annoying is that it does not play the song continuously - pauses 10-15 seconds after playing a small part and then pauses again. This pattern goes on for about 3-4 times before the normaly playing resumes.

Does anyone else have this issue. My SRX came with the March update from factory with Software/Gracenote/Map versions 23150273/22993544/23152950 respectively. Any tips or thought? Thanks!
    After some experimenting, I now beleive the capacity and possibly the speed class of the SD card matters.

The card I had issues was a 32GB Class 10 and had about 8GB of music files. I then tried an old 1GB Calss 2 card filled to capacity and it worked without issues. I tried another 32GB Clas 10 card and it too had the same problem as the first one. It seems to be taking forever to build the index. I am not sure if a 16GB or 8GB library will work but ceratinly a 1GB is way too small for me at least.

If this is in fact the case, the idea of having an entire music library on an SD card will not work for CUE. Not very impressed.

why bother with the SD cards in the first place?
    USB seems like the way to go
    it's faster and more devices support it
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Hoosier Daddy is online now Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    I greatly prefer SD over USB. SD is small and does not protrude into surrounding space. It doesn't matter to me how many devices support it. I don't plan to move it from device to device.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1366066584.850353.jpg

That's a 16gb USB drive I got on amazon for $20. Sandisk Cruzer Fit - the 32gb is about $20 now.

http://goo.gl/X760Y
    Check em out
    georule likes this.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoosier Daddy View Post
    I greatly prefer SD over USB. SD is small and does not protrude into surrounding space. It doesn't matter to me how many devices support it. I don't plan to move it from device to device.
    My points exactly. Thanks!

How do you know USB flash drives work faster than SD cards on CUE? Have you run any comparative tests? Both are flash memory based USB Mass Storage devices using the same interface, and they support the exact same file systems. Based on my findings flash memory speed doesn't matter on CUE. In fact the slower memory card worked better. What I discovered was CUE struggles with music libraries large in size and number of songs. In my case 700+ songs and ~8GB of files.

Attachment 106793

That's a 16gb USB drive I got on amazon for $20. Sandisk Cruzer Fit - the 32gb is about $20 now.

http://goo.gl/X760Y
    Check em out
    It still protrudes. Even if speed mattered it is slower than a Class 10 SD card and many times slower than a UHS-I card.

USB 2.0 is faster than class 10 sd

Look it up

---

Speed really isn't the issue though.

Just wanted to make sure that y'all knew that there are USB sticks out there that barely stick out.

---

Plus just about everything has USB (though sd slots are becoming more common)

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by vi2k13 View Post
    Thanks very much for this helpful piece of info, Chris! I have been looking for it here but couldn't find any such posts. You certainly didn't confuse me but I wish you had posted this before I took the car to the dealer this morning. I too thought the fobs were pre-programmed as 1 & 2 based on what I had observed but nobody at the dealer could confirm it. Now I know for sure.

Also, I figured for the SRX at least, you have to press and hold both MEM button and the memory number button together until the beep for storing the positions.
    You are very welcome. Some vehicles w/ update change from holding MEM buttons together to just tapping "SET" and then holding the number -"1" or "2" - rather than holding them both together.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Can't read all the posts, so I'll just put in my pet peeve. What was Caddy thinking of when they removed Driver Personalization with the recent CUE update? Now only one driver can set their seat to automatically position itself when the driver either enters the car or when they start the ignition. The other driver will need to hold their seat button until the seat fully moves into their desired position. No more automatic movement for the other driver. Why is the second driver being dissed? What a blunder on Caddy's part. Hope folks will note this and complain so that Caddy will put this very important function back into CUE.

I would call the CUE hotline and log your concerns ... 855-4CUE-NOW

they might have a solution for you and if not at least they will log your complaint
    (i have a feeling they'll have a solution for you)

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.