Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version) - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast
Like Tree9Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version) in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Thus far since the update the Shuffle is remaining on (as opposed to before the update when I would frequently ...
    slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

Re: Cue Improvement(s)/Problems/Suggestions - March Release (New Version)

Thus far since the update the Shuffle is remaining on (as opposed to before the update when I would frequently have to reactivate it). Also it has yet to fail to begin playing my songs from USB stick. Before I would frequently have to remove and replace the usb stick for it to be recognized.

One change I would like to see is for the screen to revert back to whatever it was on before making a phone call. As it is now, after I end a call it stays on the phone screen instead of going back to whatever I was on (either NAV or Audio) before the call.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

The question I asked earlier was how to end a route besides by voice. My car doesn't have an "end-route" "button" on the screen that I can find, unlike my previous system on the CTS-V. Apparently, original CUE has it. Has anyone with the update found it? Did it disappear with the update? I hope I'm just not blind, but it's driving me a little nuts, especially when I have arrived at my destination and it doesn't think so.

Scott Reinhold is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AWD

Hello, I see people saying that album art displays for them after the update, but mine still does not. I've loaded a USB stick with iTunes formatted and mp3 music, and all I see are the musical notes. Am I missing something? The only time I see album art is while playing Pandora. Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Scott Reinhold View Post
    Hello, I see people saying that album art displays for them after the update, but mine still does not. I've loaded a USB stick with iTunes formatted and mp3 music, and all I see are the musical notes. Am I missing something? The only time I see album art is while playing Pandora. Thanks in advance for any help!

Scott
    If the album art is embedded in the ID3 tag, Cue will display it. It is possible yours isn't embedded currently, however you can fix that by using many different ID3 editing programs, like Tag & rename or many other programs.

----------

Also I believe the iTunes based songs won't display the cover art, or so I've read anyways. Someone else may have more info on that, I don't have an iTunes library.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You have to be sure you are playing MP3 files, not M4a files, which is what Itunes uses. Put your USB or SD card into a computer and check the file type. If you play the songs on your computer but not in itunes, does the album artwork show up?

rustybear3 is offline Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS White Pearl Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by slepr View Post
    Thus far since the update the Shuffle is remaining on (as opposed to before the update when I would frequently have to reactivate it). Also it has yet to fail to begin playing my songs from USB stick. Before I would frequently have to remove and replace the usb stick for it to be recognized.

One change I would like to see is for the screen to revert back to whatever it was on before making a phone call. As it is now, after I end a call it stays on the phone screen instead of going back to whatever I was on (either NAV or Audio) before the call.
    Strange....others in this thread reported that since the update, the screen does revert back to whatever was on before making a phone call. I will definitely test this out before I leave the dealership when I get the update.....Katie, do you have any info on this?

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Strange....others in this thread reported that since the update, the screen does revert back to whatever was on before making a phone call. I will definitely test this out before I leave the dealership when I get the update.....Katie, do you have any info on this?
    This is NOT working for me! It's staying on the phone screen...

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

Yes, multiple times when making or receiving calls, it stays on the phone screen after ending the call and does not go back to the previous screen (in my case either the audio screen or the nav screen). Still having flawless playback from my usb stick... very happy with that change!!!

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

I too have noticed that shuffle is on and cannot be turned off (shows as off in CUE settings and is off in iPod settings as well)

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by rustybear3 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    This is NOT working for me! It's staying on the phone screen...
    Hi everyone! I'm very sorry to see that some of you have been continuing to experience frustrations, so I wanted to hop on this thread to make sure you all had the Infotainment Customer Support Group hotline information. We do urge you to get in touch with them if you continue to have lingering questions/concerns, and their phone number is 855-428-3669. Agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

UPDATE UPDATE UPDATE
    I too have noticed that the screen does NOT revert back to the pre-call page. That would be a nice feature but it wasn't in the latest update. I have had to re-pair my cell phone twice since the installation. It will be fine for one or two trips and then will not connect. Today after answering an incoming call the screen did revert back to the NAV screen after the call was ended. Maybe if you initiate the call from your screen it won't revert back but with an incoming call it did just what I would have designed it to do! One issue that my wife found puzzling was when you make a call and it connects and you are given a choice of future buttons to push as in an extension after your reached number we had to push the duplicate chevrons on the lower right side of the screen to get the push pad again or reach for your cell phone. It was chevrons push, phone ico push and then the button pad was available.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

One issue that remains after in the new version is regarding the "Cruise Set To" mini-page on the DIC. On some cars.... this "Cruise Set To" mini page is set on the right side of your DIC, overwriting any page setting (e.g., fuel mileage) you had there before. The problem arises when the cruise is then turned off.... the "Cruise Set To Off" page remains on the right side of the DIC and you have to manually reset the page to your setting.

I think this has something to do with the HUD because when I was given a 3.6 Luxury with Nav as a loaner, it didn't have this issue... but my car does it everytime.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I think that considering all of the different models of cars that we all represent there are probably issues that we all do not share. Plus the options that some of us have on the same models and others do not will make direct comparisons difficult. I am happy with the fact that GM has taken steps to keep CUE up to date with some of the wishes of the owners. If we keep letting them know what features we would like and problems we are having with the current version maybe they will give us more updates. As Codeman said they had round table discussions to decide which features to leave alone or change. We have all been with a group trying to decide where to eat so we all know how different opinions are and how tough it is to decide which ones to support. Keep at it Codeman!

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by Cadillac Cust Svc View Post
    Hi everyone! I'm very sorry to see that some of you have been continuing to experience frustrations, so I wanted to hop on this thread to make sure you all had the Infotainment Customer Support Group hotline information. We do urge you to get in touch with them if you continue to have lingering questions/concerns, and their phone number is 855-428-3669. Agents are available Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST; Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST!

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service
    Katie, thanks just called and left my concerns with Casandra.

caitlex is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

My MEMORY SEATS worked fine before my update yesterday...now they don't hold a memory. GRRR

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.