XM channel list?
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, XM channel list? in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I haven't looked for any XM stations except the jazz channel and tonight while driving along the jazz was no ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

XM channel list?

I haven't looked for any XM stations except the jazz channel and tonight while driving along the jazz was no that great so I wanted to go to another XM channel. On my '11 SRX there was an XM menu which listed the channels by category like jazz or talk rock etc. If you pushed a selection then the channels and their numbers would pop up for you to choose from. Did we lose that function with CUE? I was unable to change channels except by the SEEK left/right control on the popup menu and that only gives you a one channel advance or reverse selection with no category shown. Is there some way to get the XM channel list on our infotainment system?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Re: XM channel list?

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I haven't looked for any XM stations except the jazz channel and tonight while driving along the jazz was no that great so I wanted to go to another XM channel. On my '11 SRX there was an XM menu which listed the channels by category like jazz or talk rock etc. If you pushed a selection then the channels and their numbers would pop up for you to choose from. Did we lose that function with CUE? I was unable to change channels except by the SEEK left/right control on the popup menu and that only gives you a one channel advance or reverse selection with no category shown. Is there some way to get the XM channel list on our infotainment system?
    Click the browse button to bring up the list of channels and scroll through them. Then you can click the "View" button above the channel list to change between XM Channel Name, Category, Artist, etc.

I tried the browse button but all I got was a blank page that said "No content". So you are saying that if I can get my system to work properly that if I have an XM channel playing I can press the browse button and get a list of all their channels? I'll try to get the dealer to get it to work next week when I take it in. Thanks for the info. BTW, I got a nice big Cadillac book today from my dealer about the history of Cadillac. It shows famous people through out Cadillac's existence who are connected with the cars. It is a nice coffee table book and it contains full page glossy pictures. I love my dealer.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

I tried the browse button but all I got was a blank page that said "No content". So you are saying that if I can get my system to work properly that if I have an XM channel playing I can press the browse button and get a list of all their channels? I'll try to get the dealer to get it to work next week when I take it in. Thanks for the info. BTW, I got a nice big Cadillac book today from my dealer about the history of Cadillac. It shows famous people through out Cadillac's existence who are connected with the cars. It is a nice coffee table book and it contains full page glossy pictures. I love my dealer.
    Yes. take a look at the images below. There is a 'View' button and a 'Cat' button. So i think you can see channel, artist, song title, and category.

Thanks for going to such a great effort. I tried that procedure but go the "No Content" title after I pressed the Browse button. I'll try again tomorrow when I have the car out of the garage. Thanks again for your advice.

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

I get the No Content message when browsing XM due (I think) the system still indexing after starting - hopefully to be fixed with the CUE update.

I get that message no matter how long I have been driving. I am hoping it is a fixable glitch in my software.

I have an update for my XM list issue. Today I was sitting in my driveway so that I could get a good XM signal and tried the browse button while listening to Watercolors on XM and I got the No Content page but while tapping around on the No Content page the XM list popped up. Now it works every time I hit the browse button. Now I cannot figure out how to get the third row of favorites to appear to add more XM channels. I can get two rows but they are both full and there is no indication of a third row. Any ideas?

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

I have an update for my XM list issue. Today I was sitting in my driveway so that I could get a good XM signal and tried the browse button while listening to Watercolors on XM and I got the No Content page but while tapping around on the No Content page the XM list popped up. Now it works every time I hit the browse button. Now I cannot figure out how to get the third row of favorites to appear to add more XM channels. I can get two rows but they are both full and there is no indication of a third row. Any ideas?
    Have you tried changing the Number of Favorites Shown setting? It may be set to 10. From the Home screen it's in Settings->Radio->Number of Favorites Shown.

st4422, that's exactly what was wrong. I had gone to the DEFAULT setting about a week ago trying to alliterative some of my problems and it had reset to 10 favorites shown. That is why I couldn't get more than the ten showing. I also got CUETY to call HOME today without any pardons or try again's. I am making progress but man is it slow. I do have a problem with my big screen and the favorites selector. It simply will not pull the favorites bar up without going to three or four other icons first if ever. Going down is a snap and works every time. My phone syncs every time I get in the car with no issues but POI and actual names of places is just not practical to use. I wish there was a spelling of the name available when there is no passenger to enter a new destination. You would think that since half of the POI's I enter have the word Atlanta in them that there would be a learning curve but CUETY doesn't seem to know this. When I say Atlanta Expo like to day she replied over and over again Atlantic blah blah. There has to be a break through with this voice recognition system or it is basically useless for anything other than call home or totally generic destinations that then require the list to be perused and then selected. I am slowly working on the vocabulary that CUETY wants me to use so it may take a while.

st4422 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Premium Black Ice, 2009 CTS DI Thunder Gray

This is getting off topic but I believe one secret about CUE finding a POI via voice recognition is that except for some national chains, one must be generic until the final list of POIs appears on the CUE screen. In other words, if you are looking for a McDonald's, just specify POI destination and say McDonald's. To find a local steakhouse, one must specify POI destination, then specify steakhouse. A list of steakhouses will then appear on the CUE screen. By default the system will find nearby POIs. To find a POI that is not local, one must change locations. CUE prompts you to do so.

I agree with your assessment but when the POI is hard to find a generic name for it then the fun begins. I was trying to enter the Atlanta Exposition Center as my new destination but that didn't work and I couldn't think of a generic name for that type of entry.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.