GM to Customer Complaint of CUE Part I & II: Major Update - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree13Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, GM to Customer Complaint of CUE Part I & II: Major Update in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I agree with you Jeff about this is an opportunity for GM to step up and listen to the users ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: GM to Customer Complaint of CUE Part I & II: Major Update

I agree with you Jeff about this is an opportunity for GM to step up and listen to the users and try to fix the issues that we have found. If they do that then this could be a major break through in the automotive world. Codeman sounds like he is listening and only time will tell if the CUE team can follow through.

moshe-sz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Is it possible to command Songs Indexing on the CUE? Many times no indexing starts and I have take out the 32 GB USB stick and insert again. Can someone help?

Moshe- ATS owner in Israel

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

My recommendation is to bring the car to the dealer and see if the CUE system was properly updated. My wife had weird problems with her CUE system after the update in March and when we brought it back a few months later they found that the updated had errors in it. They corrected the errors and the Cue system works more reliably now. I don't know of anyone having problems with the system not indexing. On our cars the system indexes every time you start the car. Have you tried a different USB stick? I have used a 32 gig USB stick and a 32 gig SD card and have never had problems with the car not indexing.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Also, how what format is the USB stick in? it's native format doesn't work in CUE. See the CUE manual on that. But assuming that it does index from time to time, formatting wouldn't be the problem. Notwithstanding, a re-format and re-copying of your music may help as would insuring you also have valid versions of playlists, etc. I had a lot of problems with that (indexing never seem to finish assuming it had indeed started) at the outset and with Jeff's help managed to fix it. There are a lot of posts from both of us you can search.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Come on guys, let's get real! Caddy is dragging ass on fixing all these real and well documented problems with CUE. It is very nice that Caddy has people listening to us point out areas within CUE that need fixing. But to continually refer us to the dedicated CUE help line is rather lame at this point. How many similar complaints without resolution (e.g., CUE's many, many inappropriate voice responses, for one major problem among many) do they need to get the message that something can't be fixed by simply talking about it? What I can't understand is as CUE is software driven, how come the Caddy IT techs can't make timely and appropriate changes to the software? What are they waiting for?

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

This is what I suspect....

The CUE units cannot be updated over the air.

One needs to bring their vehicle to their dealer for a process that can take up to 2 hours.

It's expensive for Cadillac and time consuming for the customer.

I suspect that the updates will eventually be done, but will be held off until the most amount of updating can be done all at once.

In the meantime, I share your frustration flycaster. We, as Cadillac owners who expect the very best out of our vehicles, continue to be stuck with buggy units.

flycaster is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T AT Lux, 2005 Z4 2.5i

Quote Originally Posted by NJRonbo View Post
    This is what I suspect....

The CUE units cannot be updated over the air.

One needs to bring their vehicle to their dealer for a process that can take up to 2 hours.

It's expensive for Cadillac and time consuming for the customer.

I suspect that the updates will eventually be done, but will be held off until the most amount of updating can be done all at once.

In the meantime, I share your frustration flycaster. We, as Cadillac owners who expect the very best out of our vehicles, continue to be stuck with buggy units.
    Well put, NJR.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

you guys do remember that there already has been one major CUE update, right?

there will be more to come

I'm sure that Cadillac wants to do them (and is doing them) as frequently as possible
    there's a lot of testing that needs to be done to make sure that they don't end up with updates that cause more problems than they solve
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I agree with you about the updates causing more problems than they solve. I get those all the time from Microsoft that my computer does not like and I have to uninstall the update. One of the great things about software driven system is the flexibility it has over the old black box systems. What puzzles me is the basic architecture of the CUE system and its ability to make any meaningful changes. I did not notice any big improvements in the one and only update so far and it appears that a lot of us had problems due to the update. The service rep was telling me that Cadillac is going to force the CUE system on all of its cars in a year or so and no longer offer any options for the older technology as it does on the ATS and the CTS models. He said that GM was trying to reach the younger crowd but appeared to be abandoning it base older buyers. The service vehicle that took me to the mall while my car was being serviced was an '05 Escalade with a combo infotainment system in it. On the left side of the screen was about ten small real buttons vertically plus a volume and tuning knobs and on the screen were several icons for different functions. To me that is the best of both worlds and I cannot understand why they abandoned it. Virtual buttons as we all know from smart phones are great when space is at a premium but in our cars that is not an issue. How many times have you reached for the temp arrow or an input on the screen but it didn't take? Then you had to take your eyes off the road again and retouch it or even worse mistakenly hit another input because of the built in parallax of the system. Some things just are more efficient as hardware and other things can get away with being virtual. If safety is a big concern then I think hard buttons are probably the way to go. Think about the temperature control up and down arrows. How long do you have to tap it or hold it to get the temp you want? A simple rotating knob with the numbers on it is set and forget and a one time input. Or even a thumb wheel that has numbers along side it. I know, I know, I bought it and I should shut up about it but I figure that GM might like to hear ideas from us about our experiences as owners.

glenroebuck is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 AWD 2013

I am a 3 day owner and am frustrated with the CUE but...I had a passat and it's nav/touch system rns510 was a major dog - slow to repsond, voice commands failed or never worked - they finally released an update for it and it took 2 hours at the dealer to update - and their fix for the voice command?? they just removed it.

cadillacricket is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

There's a learning curve, but the cue system is easy to use and the beauty of a touch screen is the distinct lack of hard keys. Just like phones, computers, TV's and everything else, folks.

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Quote Originally Posted by glenroebuck View Post
    I am a 3 day owner and am frustrated with the CUE but...I had a passat and it's nav/touch system rns510 was a major dog - slow to repsond, voice commands failed or never worked - they finally released an update for it and it took 2 hours at the dealer to update - and their fix for the voice command?? they just removed it.
    Hello glenroebuck,

Welcome to the forum and congrats on your new ATS! I apologize for your frustration with the CUE system. I would like to further discuss any concerns and questions you may have. I am able to be reached via private message.

Sincerely,

Laura M.
    Cadillac Customer Care

Chuck_S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Well, prior to this new SRX I've owned 4 DeVilles. This SRX is the first car I've had with a nav system and bluetooth. Everything was working fine with CUE, but I had an old simple cell phone. It did have bluetooth, and it linked properly. Today I decided to upgrade to a Smart phone, not the newest model, but a Samsung Galaxy Appeal Android. It links, but I'm having the same problem as others have reported, it hangs with "Device is Initializing" and no contact list shows either via voice or on the CUE screen. Frustrating. My SRX had been built earlier in 2013, and the dealer had it in stock since May. I haven't checked to see what software version of CUE it is running. Does anyone know what is the latest version of CUE that should be running in a 2013 SRX so I can check it before I take it into the dealership to see if it needs an update?

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Chuck,

You have a long, awful road ahead of you.

Have an Android phone? You are going to have problems that can't be fixed.

Take it from me, I have been fighting this issue for over a year now. I can't wait to get rid of this lease. I'll never go back to Cadillac because of CUE.

As long as that system continues to dump and reload contact lists every time someone exits and enters the vehicle, these problems will continue.

I am on my second Android phone in a year (just got the Galaxy Note 3) and the same bluetooth problems you are having still persist.

Chuck_S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

Is it only Android phones that have the problem? Will Win8 phones work properly? I may just switch to a Win 8 Phone.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.