New car game called CUE TIPS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, New car game called CUE TIPS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I was driving with my wife, daughter and her fiance here in Atlanta on our way to a popular steak ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Smile New car game called CUE TIPS

I was driving with my wife, daughter and her fiance here in Atlanta on our way to a popular steak house called McKendick's Steak House. I knew where and how to get to it but wanted to show everyone how great CUE is so I activated CUE and said" POI" then I said "Restaurants". I got the lecture from Miss CUE (Get it misscue?) on how to speak CUE. I pressed the wheel voice button to try again and my daughter tried "McKendricks". MissCue started her lecture again and I cut her off with the wheel button and tried again. After the beep my wife said "McKendrick's Restaurant" to which Misscue replied with her lecture on how to speak CUE. After cutting her off once again and after the beep we were all laughing so hard it was difficult for Miscue to understand any of us. Finally I said "Steak House" and viola, Miscue said"look to your right and when it is safe to do so select one of the displayed restaurants". Sure enough it was there but a new CUE car game would be to see who wins a free drink by being the one who Miscue seems to understand the best. I assure you it will make for some great fun and disbelief at how funny new technology can be. It would only be fair if the place was new to all of the people in the car and Miscue had not ever heard the request before. Codeman, you guys may be able to market Miscue as a rival to SIRI but you might have to give her a few more lines to read back to us. Like, "Miscue is my wife a good person?" She will respond with "Pardon, I do not understand your request?" So we could call it CUE TIPS or MISSCUE.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Re: New car game called CUE TIPS

inspectorudy - Great story. But why didn't your daughter's fiance try it? Assuming the 3 of you don't have one so may be he has an accent misscue can understand - most of the time she doesn't understand my German one. LOL.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

He was laughing too hard to respond and he is on my case about buying a car that my cannot communicate with!

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Well, I have yet to hear of a "perfect" voice control system, be it on a PC or any other device (not talking about my own (accent) problem, never mind spending many or few dollars for voice control software, although improvements have been made. My previous STS also had voice control (it wouldn't always initialize - which was another problem the company which GM employed couldn't fix - even left the car with them for 3 weeks when on a holiday - they spend a fortune to replace everything possible, some twice). Anyway, that and OnStar, which was always available, would seldom understand me - "go home" or just "home" - in case it heard go as show - often resulted in "showing ski resort icons" or the like -and even my wife who doesn't have an accent and speaks very clearly (as needed when she works on stage), had problems - so I accummulated over 500 minutes having to add new ones yearly in order to carry-over existing ones (as I was able to use it to call my home phone having been able to store that number after various attempts - it always immediately recognized the name I gave it (my last name) not so with other ones).

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.