SiriusXM Travel Link on 2013 ATS
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree1Likes
  • 2 Post By codeman71
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, SiriusXM Travel Link on 2013 ATS in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I activated my Travel Link yesterday. I've had the service before in an Aftermarket Radio and it's very cool to ...
    TSS Taylor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac ATS

SiriusXM Travel Link on 2013 ATS

I activated my Travel Link yesterday. I've had the service before in an Aftermarket Radio and it's very cool to see Gas Prices and Movie Listings. Yes I can get that stuff on a phone but I still enjoy the service.

But I can't find any way to access the info on the CUE. Has anyone been able to get Gas Price info or Movie Listings with SiriusXM Travel Link? I would think it would be as easy as touching the Gas Station info icon and it would display Gas Prices but I tried that for about 5 stations and I got nothing.

The SiriusXM Travel Link page shows the ATS being capable of Gas Prices and Movie Listings. http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink

It's especially odd since my business just deals with Satellite Radios and parts and this process doesn't seem terribly intuitive.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

SiriusXM is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Re: SiriusXM Travel Link on 2013 ATS

Hi Taylor-

Could you send me an email with your contact information to sxm_help@siriusxm.com, so we can help.

Thanks,
    SiriusXM Digital Care Team

Quote Originally Posted by TSS Taylor View Post
    I activated my Travel Link yesterday. I've had the service before in an Aftermarket Radio and it's very cool to see Gas Prices and Movie Listings. Yes I can get that stuff on a phone but I still enjoy the service.

But I can't find any way to access the info on the CUE. Has anyone been able to get Gas Price info or Movie Listings with SiriusXM Travel Link? I would think it would be as easy as touching the Gas Station info icon and it would display Gas Prices but I tried that for about 5 stations and I got nothing.

The SiriusXM Travel Link page shows the ATS being capable of Gas Prices and Movie Listings. http://www.siriusxm.com/travellink

It's especially odd since my business just deals with Satellite Radios and parts and this process doesn't seem terribly intuitive.

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Member

I have an XTS also. When the gas got really low, a warning came on and the screen showed a list of the nearest gas stations with prices. When you select the gas station you want the GPS tells you how to get there. It was very cool.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

Will Travel Link be incorporated into CUE systems installed in the 2013 SRX via future updates?

r34220 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Platinum

Has anyone found out were to see the Fuel and Movie listings directly? Seems Odd that there isn't just a icon like the weather for these.

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by r34220 View Post
    Has anyone found out were to see the Fuel and Movie listings directly? Seems Odd that there isn't just a icon like the weather for these.
    If you go into the list of POIs in the nav and select "Fuel" or "Gas" or whatever it should show you a list that includes gas prices. Haven't looked into movies yet but I assume if you go to the associated POI category it might show up? I have tested gas prices and it works for me.

I was able to find the Fuel prices but yet to be able to find the Movie listings.

I called the CUE help line and they did not know and suggested I contact XM. XM does not know and they say I should contact Cadillac

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

You can find the movie listings in the POI menu by selecting Sports and Entertainment and then Entertainment. Movie Theatres will be there in the list and when you select one you'll see the list of all of the movies that are playing, and their showtimes.

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    You can find the movie listings in the POI menu by selecting Sports and Entertainment and then Entertainment. Movie Theatres will be there in the list and when you select one you'll see the list of all of the movies that are playing, and their showtimes.
    Thanks codeman71.

----------

I still think that there should also be a icon(s) for Fuel and movies apps just like there is for the weather. What if you don't know which Gas or Movie theater you want to go to? For the gas prices I should list nearby Stations with the gas prices in a list and from there you should be able to dig in for more information. I think it should be the same for the Movie Listings. A list of nearby theaters or even be able to search buy movie then list the theater there playing and times.

Right now it doesn't seem intuitive to me and I work in the IT field with web applications.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

For the gas prices feature, I believe this is exactly what you are looking for. You will get a list of nearby gas stations (or ones along your route if you have a route planned) and it shows the gas price right there. You can also press the Sort button to change from distance to price or to sort alphabetically.

For movies, I do agree if you only know what movie you'd like to see, it can be a little bit of a challenge to find the right theater that is playing that movie at the time you'd like. Thanks for the suggestion. We are always trying to improve the system and may consider improving the movies feature based on those suggestions.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.