iPhone 5-CUE-ATS--HELP ME
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, iPhone 5-CUE-ATS--HELP ME in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My iPhone 5(AT&T) will not work in ATS. It will pair but when I hit the voice button on steering ...
    Ashleydianne is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

Exclamation iPhone 5-CUE-ATS--HELP ME

My iPhone 5(AT&T) will not work in ATS. It will pair but when I hit the voice button on steering wheel it just says initializing. I called Cadillac and opened a case file. I followed all their steps---it never worked. I went up to AT&T and filed a claim---they ordered me a new iPhone. I received my new iPhone 5 and still have the same issues. Basically no one can help me!!!! I'm so frustrated. I just want to go get back my 2011 SRX where all my technology worked!!!! Anyone else having these problems and if so how did you fix it.

BTW iPhone 4 will work fine...it's just my 5...and yes it's the new 6.1 software.....

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: iPhone 5-CUE-ATS--HELP ME

I have an IPhone 5 with 6.1 software and it works great. I don't know why you are having problems. It does work for most others. Have you tried to delete all blue tooth items and then only adding your Iphone 5 into the system?

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Have you upgraded to 6.1.1 (it is new this week - a quick follow-up after 6.1) ??
    How many contacts do you have on it? How many music files? Maybe try it without contacts and music that need to be initialized?

I have the latest update available on my phone which is iOS 6.1--it says my software is up to date. I have no music on my iphone and 350 contacts. I even did another factory reset. When I had 2 numbers is my phone it worked fine, now that all my contacts are there it will not work. I am BEYOND frustrated...

----------

Yes I have deleted the blue tooth and re paired it several times. Still no luck....

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Ashelydianne, there is an iPhone feature that allow you to set which contact group is shared with CUE. If misconfigured, it could result in the problem you described.

In Settings: Bluetooth, if you click on the triangle next to Cadillac CUE, you will see a Contacts sync setup screen. The bottom half of that screen allows you to set-up which Contacts *group* gets synced to your phone. Make sure this points to either 'all contacts' or the contact group you prefer.

In the 'CUE wishlist/refinements' thread, I posted slightly more detailed instructions on how to do this.

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

Cool Re: iPhone 5-CUE-ATS--HELP ME

Hi all, I have a new XTS (2 months old) and an old clamshell phone that works perfectly.
    My phone contract is about to expire (Verizon) and I am thinking of upgrading to an iphone i4 or an Android.
    Is there a rating list anywhere that show which phones are best for the CUE system?

If I don't find a reasonable answer, I may just stick with the old clam.

I went through and added my favorites...then disabled everything else to load to CUE. Still got the "device is initializing response" so that didn't work...

drsketch is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post
    Hi all, I have a new XTS (2 months old) and an old clamshell phone that works perfectly.
    My phone contract is about to expire (Verizon) and I am thinking of upgrading to an iphone i4 or an Android.
    Is there a rating list anywhere that show which phones are best for the CUE system?

I have a galaxy note 2 and it works great with the cue. Also an awesome phone with 2day battery life which is unheard of on an android.

OP do you know if your car has all the latest cue updates?

Okay guys....with having the iphone 5 I spoke with GM again today. They truly felt it was something in my contacts screwing with the cue. So I went through and took all my little cute emoji (yes I am 35..shutup..haha) icons off of my friends names. I then deleted a particular contact that looked like this : John--Carnival--12345. Well I'll be darned if the dang thing didn't start working. Well I love my emoji icons so I put them back on....and the CUE worked...so I am guessing that one contact of John--Carnival--12345 was totally throwing my system off. That is all I changed and it's working. I even added more emoji icons to more contacts and it's still working....keep your fingers crossed..I will keep you posted...BTW my 5 has another update I am about to do...

isakhanyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Manual

You can always power cycle your phone to see if that helps. Press and hold the power button and home button together until the apple logo appears and then let them go.

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post

The best phone depends on what is important to you. The iPhone 4s and 5 will have Siri integrated in to the voice controls (after CUE update). Pretty cool. The android phones can use the Pandora feature in CUE via Bluetooth. (iPhone can play Pandora via Bluetooth but not the "Pandora" feature in CUE, iPhone must be plugged in to USB and play media from bluetooth for this to work, but you lose the pandora controls on CUE, such as thumbs up/down, next, switching stations, etc, and they must be controlled on your smartphone). Some Android and Blackberry phones also offer the ability to display contact photo on touchscreen and DIC if you have a picture assigned to that contact. Hope this helps, happy shopping!

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.