CUE to DIC and HUD connection intermittently lost
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE to DIC and HUD connection intermittently lost in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I usually wait to post on glitches thinking it could be a one-time occurrence but the following problem is now ...
    slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

CUE to DIC and HUD connection intermittently lost

I usually wait to post on glitches thinking it could be a one-time occurrence but the following problem is now recurring.

I have my DIC set so that the center window displays the current track playing. I also have my HUD set so that the song is displayed. What has occurred is the DIC center window is blank and the song does not show on the HUD even though it is visible and actively playing on the CUE screen. Cycling the DIC center window through the other options displays them properly but selecting audio display remains blank. Cycling through HUD options also does not bring song display back. It has usually required a vehicle shut down to fix. Then it may be a few more days before it occurs again. I have tried to correct this by leaving the car running but pushing and holding the CUE power button but all that accomplishes is muting sound. Not sure how to reboot CUE except by turning car off and on.

Anyone else have this problem?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Re: CUE to DIC and HUD connection intermittently lost

jeffpaletz is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I've had this problem too. It's not
    Resolved until car is restarted.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

I forwarded this to the cluster team. We'll take a look into this as this isn't something we've seen before. Thanks for the tip!

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by codeman71
    I forwarded this to the cluster team. We'll take a look into this as this isn't something we've seen before. Thanks for the tip!
    Would be cool if someone from the cluster team became as active as you are. Just sayin'

Thanks for the assistance. I will log how often it occurs and look for other common variables that I may be overlooking.

Happened again today. I made several short stops in a short period of time so lots of on and off. It occurred once in the series of 5 stops. What I noticed was that it occurred when CUE didn't think anything was plugged into the USB port (even though the same usb drive has been plugged in continuously for the past 3 weeks). That is when it occurred, when CUE didn't see the drive. had to unplug and plug the drive back in after which it immediately started playing (less than 2 seconds so no indexing occurred). Still not sure why CUE has problems with a usb stick. Many times it picks up playing the last song I was listening to before exiting the car, at other times it either does not see that same drive or if it does I have to select browse, then select playlist to show my playlist, then select the playlist, then select a song on that playlist to start listening to music. Intermittently I also have to select the menu to once again turn the random play mode back on. Keep in mind this occurs without ever touching the usb stick at all. It is plugged in 24/7 so it should not disappear.

Runch Machine is offline Banned
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS Premium, 2013 SRX Premium

I use an SD card and have the same problem. Sometimes when I start the car it continues playing the song on the SD card that was playing when I turned the car off after about 5 seconds. Other times I have to cycle through sources. Sometimes it will start playing the song it was previously playing but not go on to play the next song. The progress bar stays at the end and and thats it. If I try to browse for songs the display shows an Error screen. Removing and reinserting the SD card solves the problem.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

I believe I have noticed this but am not sure. Will watch. Perhaps my "so-far one time problem" outlined in http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...brand-new.html
    is related to this, as I can't understand that a cluster change should result into the by me reported errors. (note my update in the same post after testing it the next day). Have since changed clusters 3 or 4 times again (to show to others), each time without ill effects.

muthaiga is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium

I have no idea whether this is related to the fact that I have my iPod attached, but my CUE system periodically shuts down (while I'm driving) so there is no info onscreen or on the HUD. It then re-boots, but it is very unsettling - especially when I am relying on the NAV to get me to a destination. This has happened 3 times now, but I've only had my ATS for a few weeks.

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

I have the same issue on my wife's 2013 SRX. Also Bluetooth will constantly connect-disconnect. CUE has so many issues i hope they fix most of them with the upcoming update. Cadillac new standard of the world ? I don't think so

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.