iPhone 4 and 13 SRX not recognizing all songs.
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, iPhone 4 and 13 SRX not recognizing all songs. in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hello all. So far I am really loving my new SRX. It's my 1st Cadillac. When I plug my iPhone ...
    orange5814 is offline Cadillac Owners Member

iPhone 4 and 13 SRX not recognizing all songs.

Hello all. So far I am really loving my new SRX. It's my 1st Cadillac. When I plug my iPhone 4 into the CUE system with the USB connector, not all of my music is there. I know this sounds weird, but in any given playlist, some songs are simply not there to play. I know that some have said it can take some time for the iPhone to "index" all of the music... I only have a 7-10 min drive to work so I may not have given it enough time. I also have a couple of thousand songs on my iphone. Additionally, I didn't know if iTunes match would have any effect on what songs the CUE can see or not. I am looking for suggestions, or just to commiserate with someone else having the same issue. Thank you in advance for your assistance.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: iPhone 4 and 13 SRX not recognizing all songs.

Hi Orange. In one of the other threads here there was a complaint that the playlist was only showing songs by a particular artist instead of everything on the playlist. Is that what seems to be happening, or do you see any other pattern to what you're seeing? There have been a number of fixes made to the indexing process and hopefully this is one that is also resolved with the next software update. Hopefully it won't be too long before the update gets rolled out.

Whistlingdixiee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance, Glacier Blue

Hi! I'm new here, too. I just bought my 2013 SRX two weeks ago. I am having trouble with my iPhone4 playing my
    songs through Bluetooth. I have a large library of songs, over 3000. When I say play a song or an artist, CUE doesn't
    recognize it. I am connected to Bluetooth and can make and receive calls. Audio only works through Bluetooth if I
    turn my iPhone4 on to the song manually. Then, it will play through CUE. I thought it was supposed to play through
    voice recognition, as well. Thanks!

Orange 5814 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX4
    Quote Originally Posted by codeman71
    Hi Orange. In one of the other threads here there was a complaint that the playlist was only showing songs by a particular artist instead of everything on the playlist. Is that what seems to be happening, or do you see any other pattern to what you're seeing? There have been a number of fixes made to the indexing process and hopefully this is one that is also resolved with the next software update. Hopefully it won't be too long before the update gets rolled out.
    Thanks for the reply. There doesn't appear to be any particular pattern to the missing songs/artist issue. I have some playlists that have one or two artists show up and nothing else. Some are songs that I purchased from iTunes and others are ones that I have ripped myself. Using Bluetooth they are all there, but with the USB direct connection I only see about 5% of my library.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Whistlingdixiee View Post
    Hi! I'm new here, too. I just bought my 2013 SRX two weeks ago. I am having trouble with my iPhone4 playing my
    songs through Bluetooth. I have a large library of songs, over 3000. When I say play a song or an artist, CUE doesn't
    recognize it. I am connected to Bluetooth and can make and receive calls. Audio only works through Bluetooth if I
    turn my iPhone4 on to the song manually. Then, it will play through CUE. I thought it was supposed to play through
    voice recognition, as well. Thanks!
    Unfortunately, when connected via Bluetooth, the only controls that you have available are Play/Pause and Next/Previous. You cannot browse and select a specific song, as the music library is not transmitted over Bluetooth, only the current song information. If you connect over USB, then you would be able to use voice commands to select a specific song or artist to play.

Whistlingdixiee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance, Glacier Blue

Quote Originally Posted by codeman71 View Post
    Unfortunately, when connected via Bluetooth, the only controls that you have available are Play/Pause and Next/Previous. You cannot browse and select a specific song, as the music library is not transmitted over Bluetooth, only the current song information. If you connect over USB, then you would be able to use voice commands to select a specific song or artist to play.
    Thank you for answering me Codeman. I wish I would have asked this question a week ago. I have been spending a lot of
    time in my driveway talking to my car trying to figure this out... LOL

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.