Two CUE questions:
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, Two CUE questions: in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; 1. How do you turn the radio off? A local dealer finally got a Platinum in I could go look ...
    Dramset is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Two CUE questions:

1. How do you turn the radio off?

A local dealer finally got a Platinum in I could go look at. Nice! I didn't drive the car since I'd already driven a Premium and I imagine except for the wheels and tires they're identical. However, when I started the car, the radio came on, and neither I nor the salesman could figure out how to turn it off. The solutions we came up with were (1) Turn the volume all the way down, and (2) Turn CUE off entirely by holding "down" the power switch until the display turned into an analog clock.

Surely there's another way.

2. Can you select a favorite via voice? For example, I sometimes drive to San Francisco and there are certain downtown parking garages I like to use. I can save the address to one of these in as a Favorite, and I believe I can even change what displays on the button (like "SF Garage"). Is there any way to select this saved destination via voice?

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

wrtxts is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    If your dealer could not figure out how to turn it off, you need to go to a different dealer.

Re: Two CUE questions:

Well, my dealer options here in northern Nevada are somewhat limited.

Do you know how to turn it off, what with your being a Platinum owner and all?

pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security
    Quote Originally Posted by Dramset
    Do you know how to turn it off, what with your being a Platinum owner and all?
    Rather than hold down the power key, just tap it - I think that is what you were looking for??. That "mutes" the infotainment system according to terminology in the manual (pg 4 of the smaller Infotainment" manual) but I think that is a misnomer as I think you will find that playback stops rather than simply continuing but with audio muted. The Mute button on the steering wheel IS a true mute function.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I don't believe you can ever truly turn Cue off, the analog clock is as close as you get. There's an option to turn off the display in settings, but still that doesn't power down Cue.

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I don't believe you can ever truly turn Cue off, the analog clock is as close as you get. There's an option to turn off the display in settings, but still that doesn't power down Cue.
    I don't want to turn off CUE. I want to turn off the radio (or, more precisely, the audio system). I'm starting to get the idea that this isn't possible. Is "mute" really the only option?

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

You can either tap the power button or press the hang up button on the steering wheel. Correct, that right now this is technically a mute button, but it won't mute phone conversations or voice recognition (or turn by turn if I'm not mistaken). So the mute icon is more closely like a radio off button. If your phone is streaming audio over Bluetooth, it doesn't pause the music but does mute it, which I think was considered a bug.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

On my '11 SRX if you turned off the radio you turned off everything else. I would assume that the 13's are the same architecture. It must have something to do with using the radio's circuitry as part of the whole system to keep from being redundant. Or it could be designed by the same guy who did the seat memory system!

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Dramset View Post
    1. How do you turn the radio off?

A local dealer finally got a Platinum in I could go look at. Nice! I didn't drive the car since I'd already driven a Premium and I imagine except for the wheels and tires they're identical. However, when I started the car, the radio came on, and neither I nor the salesman could figure out how to turn it off. The solutions we came up with were (1) Turn the volume all the way down, and (2) Turn CUE off entirely by holding "down" the power switch until the display turned into an analog clock.

Surely there's another way.

2. Can you select a favorite via voice? For example, I sometimes drive to San Francisco and there are certain downtown parking garages I like to use. I can save the address to one of these in as a Favorite, and I believe I can even change what displays on the button (like "SF Garage"). Is there any way to select this saved destination via voice?
    There really is no way to really power down the radio, unless you pull the fuse for it. What is it you are trying to accomplish? Would muting the radio be what you are looking for?

You cannot recall a Favorite directly by voice, but what you could do in this instance is to save this address to a contact in the nav system. When you have that address called up on the screen (GO button along bottom, small map shown on the right) press the Save button. This will then walk you through creating a contact in the vehicle. You can then give it whatever name you'd like. SF Garage would have to be spoken as "Ess Eff Garage" in this case. To recall it, you would press the Voice button, say "Navigation Contact", or "I need directions to a contact" or something along those lines and then it will ask you the name of the contact. After that the address will be pulled up on the display and you can tap the Go button.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Codeman, I have tried to do just that with the word HOME and the lady just will not recognize it. I have it as a button on the favorites and it is on my phone also, including my address, but she just says "Pardon" over and over again. What am I missing here? Also, is there anyway to help someone's voice overcome a built in bias so that the lady understands what that person is saying? My wife simply cannot give a command that is recognized by CUE. I don't want to be pessimistic about this voice system but neither I, my daughter nor my wife are having much success with it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.