CUE Update Status
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Hi, I just spoke with the service manager at my dealership and he told me that he spoke with his ...
    pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

CUE Update Status

Hi, I just spoke with the service manager at my dealership and he told me that he spoke with his Cadillac rep and there is, as we all have been told, a major CUE release coming this month. Here is how i was told it will happen:

The dealerships will first receive the update for all their lot inventory

Then, BY INVITATION, that will be mailed to each customer, you will be scheduled to come in for the update. The reason they are doing it in this fashion is that they do not know until they "jack you into the Matrix", what version of the CUE software your vehicle is running. If your version on your CUE system has been updated at some point from the original factory install, you are in luck, your upgrade will only take between 1 and 4 hours. Now for the bad news... If you CUE system is still running the original factory install the upgrade will take 12 HOURS! They dealership is supposed to give you a vehicle to drive during this period, so not all bad, just a PIA to be without your vehicle for that long.

I asked if I could get a jump on this, unfortunately the dealers do not have the update yet.

Hope this helps

BTW I understand that the Chevy software is also getting an update at the same time.

2. Remove Advertisements
    CadillacForums.com
    Advertisements

nyranger74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I wonder if they are going to add new apps such as SMS

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Re: CUE Update Status

Anyone have an idea which version numbers are above and below that cutoff? I got my ATS fairly early on. But I'd be more than happy to accept a CTS-V Couple as a loaner car....

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

That much time for an update makes little sense to what has been talked about previously.
    I understand that things change, but if that is the case there is NO way that the possibility of downloading an update and loading it yourself would ever be a possibility.
    No one is that patient, or should even (probably) leave a car on accessory power to power Cue without a battery conditioner/charger hooked up for 12 hours, or even 4 at that.

I look forward to the update, digging through the developer documents for the SDK for Cue shows M.Y.2013 won't be left out in the cold, however their have been updates to thing on the API levels for M.Y.2014 vehicles that we won't seem to get. Examples are codecs, some functions, etc...

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Yplus View Post
    Anyone have an idea which version numbers are above and below that cutoff? I got my ATS fairly early on. But I'd be more than happy to accept a CTS-V Couple as a loaner car....
    My car was an early vehicle also, however I'd be willing to compare my version #'s with yours to see if that helps at all.
    I have a feeling we're all running the same version personally, however that is just an assumption. I'd guess an update to Cue for all the vehicles that it goes in would take a fair amount of testing prior to being released each time.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Remember, this is the first MAJOR update to CUE, so I would expect this one to take longer (albeit, 12 hours in any case is a bit excessive, hey even an update to Windoze does not take that long). The dealer did mention that the update was coming to them on either a flash drive or a flash card of some sort, so one would hope that in the future GM could figure out how to let the customer do the updates themselves, however, being in the technical industry for 30+ years, i can tell you if there is a way for the end user to screw something up, they will. Can you imagine a bunch of Cadillacs not able to start because of a failed CUE update? Hey, maybe that is a career path for some of us.... I will come to your home of place of business and update your vehicle software for a small fee...

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

If the first big update is anything like other big updates that most of us have anticipated for a long time in other areas of our electronic lives I will be surprised if most of us see any huge improvements in our daily usage of CUE. The changes are usually made incrementally and are not game changers. I too am having very mixed results with the voice commands and my wife is having even worse. It's not that it doesn't work but that it's just so inconsistent. I wish there was a taped recording of words like they use in the Dragon voice recognition program so that CUE would have a sample of the owners voice and pronunciations on file. Codeman, is that possible?

JDsCustom1 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): XTS Platinum

SMS through Bluetooth is a limitation of the phone.. Ford sync had had that capability for a while and only certain phone can share text messages through Bluetooth.. Very few in reality. iPhone for sure being one that can NOT..

nyranger74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Quote Originally Posted by JDsCustom1
    SMS through Bluetooth is a limitation of the phone.. Ford sync had had that capability for a while and only certain phone can share text messages through Bluetooth.. Very few in reality. iPhone for sure being one that can NOT..
    That is not correct. The iPhone does have MAP now as of iOS 6 so it is capable of SMS. CUE was supposed to have this capability according to the demo version and the user manual. For some reason it wasn't added to the production version.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    I wish there was a taped recording of words like they use in the Dragon voice recognition program so that CUE would have a sample of the owners voice and pronunciations on file. Codeman, is that possible?
    I'm not sure if this is possible, but one of the main reasons we don't use this type of voice recognition is that you have to be 100% sure of the person who is speaking, and that is very difficult to determine that reliably. If you pick the wrong person and start adapting to their speech, then you would probably degrade that experience for the other user.

In the vast majority of user testing that we've done, the speech recognition system has worked very well. The most common problems that people run into are 1. Speaking before the beep, and 2. Difficulty with navigation commands. For #1, the system hasn't begun listening until that beep is played, and so if you begin speaking before the beep, then it will only catch the last portion of what you said, and is likely not going to get it right. For #2, the main difficulty with that is because of the sheer size of the navigation databases, you first have to tell the system what type of destination you are looking for, and then can say what you need. Phone and Audio are not like that, you could just say 99.5 and it would most likely know that you want to tune, or say Julia, and it would think you want to call Julia.

Not sure if any of that will help, but from what we've seen and tested, once people understand those potential tripping points that it works pretty well. If you've got any particular examples that you see that work inconsistently, please let me know and I'll see if there's anything else I can recommend.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

I've never been able to get the voice recognition to work for me. I don't speak with an accent, either. I tried using voice POI for Crest Cadillac when I went to pick up my plates, nothing... Tried 'call Larry', all I get is 'Pardon?' ... I even tried 'Contacts > Larry' and she couldn't find it. Had to browse through contacts manually, and the entry was there. These are just recent examples, but aside from getting it to pull up an XM station once, it's never worked for me. After she says 'Pardon?' 3 times, I just give up and say 'Cancel'. Cue always gets that one right!

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    My car was an early vehicle also, however I'd be willing to compare my version #'s with yours to see if that helps at all.
    I have a feeling we're all running the same version personally, however that is just an assumption. I'd guess an update to Cue for all the vehicles that it goes in would take a fair amount of testing prior to being released each time.

My version numbers are:

Software: 22953971
    Gracenote: 22953970

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    I've never been able to get the voice recognition to work for me. I don't speak with an accent, either. I tried using voice POI for Crest Cadillac when I went to pick up my plates, nothing... Tried 'call Larry', all I get is 'Pardon?' ... I even tried 'Contacts > Larry' and she couldn't find it. Had to browse through contacts manually, and the entry was there. These are just recent examples, but aside from getting it to pull up an XM station once, it's never worked for me. After she says 'Pardon?' 3 times, I just give up and say 'Cancel'. Cue always gets that one right!
    For the Points of Interest, it isn't able to recognize individual POI names like Crest Cadillac. However, it does recognize brand names, so you could say Cadillac, and then it will find all nearby Cadillac dealerships. For the contact name, is 'Larry' the full contact name, or is there a last name? You have to speak the whole name as it shows up in the list as it isn't able to split up the names into parts. One other thing to watch out for is if the system says a media device is initializing, that means it is still downloading and processing your phone contacts, and should be finished within 30 seconds or a minute, unless you happen to have a Blackberry, where this unfortunately takes longer.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Thanks for the clarification on the dealership name. I'll try it again next time I'm in that area (though, I no longer need directions!). The full contact name is "Larry", and there are no other Larry's in my contact list. For what it's worth, I have an Android and it looks like the contact list is fully loaded (I can browse through them on the DIC), but is it possible the voice translations aren't fully processed / initialized yet?

Regarding the initialization, no matter how long the car's been on, it seems like the first time I hit the voice button it says "Please Wait. Device Initializing", then immediately prompts for my input. Does it make you wait to prompt for input until it's initialized, or is it still going on in the background and this may be contributing to the problem? I do have an ipod with ~40 gigs of music plugged in behind the dash... That may be what it's always trying to initialize...

Mike Grasso is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Gray Flannel 2013 SRX Premium

Codeman1,

Did you slide past the part where this post started?
    Are we looking at a very large upgrade that will be done overnight at a dealer?

Mike
    CDN XTS and CDN XTS like this.

pete0426 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Voice command always replies with device is initializing when phone is recognized via bluetooth. Have about 50 contacts on the phone. Have driven for over an hour and voice command still results in device is initializing. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. Same problem occurs with our Galaxy S2. Our cell phone carrier is ATT. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cannot use voice command to call a contact. System will not recognize the contact. Frustrated.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 16 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.