CUE Update Status - Page 9
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I got my update letter today from my dealer and go in tomorrow. I think I'm their first victim. I'll ...
    inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Re: CUE Update Status

I got my update letter today from my dealer and go in tomorrow. I think I'm their first victim. I'll let you know how it goes and if I can tell any difference.

rebelduke is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): '13 XTS Premium

CUE Update Status

I received my letter yesterday and have an appointment for next week. I was told they would need the car at least one full day and possibly an additional one-half day.

Yplus is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS4 Turbo

I'm confirmed for Monday morning I think I was the first ATS in my area so they told me it could be more than a day ( I assume this means I may be getting a new face unit, etc.) but from hearing about the improvements, I can't wait...

Chris Shillinger is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T

My First Post:
    I am new to the forum, I work for a dealership and specialize in CUE.
    I have read through all the exciting posts in this thread pertaining to the CUE update. The update is of course underway and we are happy to see the changes finally here (especially making it more responsive). Things to look out for are your saved information. Anything stored on CUE, excluding radio presets, will be erased during the update. It is suggested that you personally record any information that isn't stored in your smart phone so that you can quickly re-enter it when your car is redelivered. That includes having to repair your smartphone. Some dealerships are implementing a new position known as CTE or certified technology expert to aid customers in all things CUE. The quickest way to get answers are by contacting your dealership and asking if they have someone like this to help, and when you do, let us know what they say!

slepr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0T AWD Premium

My ATS received the update today. After a quick re-pair of my Windows phone I was off for the drive home. I had been trying to have my texts read over CUE (as another Windows Phone owner had successfully accomplished). Less than five minutes into the drive I received a text and I was able to interact with the phone using the voice button on the steering wheel to initiate. I was very happy with that bit of good news. The interaction via touch is much more responsive. Before the update it was difficult to resist the urge to keep pressing the screen to change media because invariably the delay was enough that I would go one past the media type I was wanting and would have to cycle through again in a plodding manner to get the correct media selected. Now, no delay, no wondering whether I should wait a little longer for CUE to respond to my touch. Very nice update CUE team! Thank you for your hard work.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

I have an appointment on Monday to update my SRX

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Just dropped my ATS off this morning... Does anyone know if they are supposed to be replacing the entire CUE unit or just doing an update? The reason I ask is because the CUE in the loaner ATS appears to be different (I can see the proximity sensors, as someone else stated above which I can't usually see on mine)...

Just curious...

As far as what I was told by the CUE team, they aren't replacing the entire head unit, but they are doing a complete dashboard update. The CUE in the ATS is far more advanced/complex than it is in the SRX so there will probably be more noticeable differences.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    Just dropped my ATS off this morning... Does anyone know if they are supposed to be replacing the entire CUE unit or just doing an update? The reason I ask is because the CUE in the loaner ATS appears to be different (I can see the proximity sensors, as someone else stated above which I can't usually see on mine)...

Just curious...
    It seems hit or miss, mine had no hardware replaced when updated, others have. I'd think the dealer should know the open bulletins on your car and let you know.

My comments above pertain to what I was told about the SRX. Just a software update, but a huge one.

Again, CUE in the ATS is more advanced, and perhaps there is some hardware updates/replacements being done.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i think the hardware replacement is tied into a bad batch or something and they are just replacing them all if the car was built in a certain date range (or VIN range)

the volume problem getting stuck all the way up was the main symptom and i think it was manifesting on early XTS and ATS models
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Got my ATS back this morning from having the CUE update and a few other updates and now my AC won't blow out of the front windshield defrosters!!!

Can't believe this!

sounds like they messed up one or more of the other updates... did you call them back or head right back there?

worst thing you can do is not bring this to the attention of the service manager
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Chris:

Taking it back tomorrow. Just called and emailed service manager, awaiting response.

I'll keep this thread posted...

ok cool

thanks

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.