CUE Update Status - Page 8
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; you can activate siri by voice with apps from the cydia appstore (must jailbreak your iphone first)...
    RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Re: CUE Update Status

you can activate siri by voice with apps from the cydia appstore (must jailbreak your iphone first)
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Do you have a suggested app in Cydia that you have tried?

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

I've seen Hands Free is one of the more popular ones, but I haven't tried it myself.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

i will check it out, thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by pkadanec View Post
    Do you have a suggested app in Cydia that you have tried?
    i did a google search for "voice activate siri" and this video was the number one result

it shows off a jailbraoken phone using an app from cydia
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

nyranger74 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    I thought the whole point of Siri eyes free was to activate it from the car without touching the phone and taking your eyes off the road. If that's not the case, then they did not add eyes free

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

that's correct, they did not add Eyes Free. Only a very few car manufacturers from what I understand have added it so far to a few of their models. What they did add with the CUE update is the ability to use Siri through CUE bluetooth.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Well it's a step in the right direction, but still not perfect... The Chevy's can activate it via the steering wheel buttons via the Eyes Free...

Can Codeman weigh in on this?

XavierFlatbush is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

I lease a '13 SRX, any idea if they will update leased vehicles too. First time lease, not sure of protocol. Thanks.

yes they will update all vehicles

you can contact any dealer and have them run the VIN to check and see what open campaigns (recalls, bulletins, etc) are open for your vehicle
    this should be one of them (there might be more)

NoVA_ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

I got my update, it works great. It is certainly faster across the board. My HVAC is still tap tap tappin away though...

On a separate but related note, I am actually wondering if the dealership replaced my CUE screen because I now noticed the sensors for the pop up menus under my screen. You can see a contrast of where those sensor are and the rest of the plastic. Maybe I am nuts and it was always there...

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by NoVA_ATS View Post
    I got my update, it works great. It is certainly faster across the board. My HVAC is still tap tap tappin away though...

On a separate but related note, I am actually wondering if the dealership replaced my CUE screen because I now noticed the sensors for the pop up menus under my screen. You can see a contrast of where those sensor are and the rest of the plastic. Maybe I am nuts and it was always there...
    They were probably always there. There's been no change to those... I got my car in October and it has them. You can only see them when the light hits it a certain way though, so they are easily missed.

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Got my car back today and update is alright so far, the weather icon is still useless, never has worked. Weird part is next week car will be going back to replace the stack. It seem like it would have been better to wait and do it altogether but my rep said it didn't matter.

marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Too bad your weather doesn't work. Overall, the app is awesome, except that it doesn't return to the original Nav view after viewing weather alerts (we have had a lot lately) without going to the home screen first. The weather maps are cool, as are the forecasts. It does take a few minutes to get all of the info, after traffic is loaded first.

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    Got my car back today and update is alright so far, the weather icon is still useless, never has worked. Weird part is next week car will be going back to replace the stack. It seem like it would have been better to wait and do it altogether but my rep said it didn't matter.
    Do you get a pop-up saying that your subscription has expired? Early on in the production run there were some issues where the XM modules weren't properly activated and you'd get this popup when you tried to go into weather. This can be pretty easily corrected by going to XM's refresh website and putting in your radio ID which is displayed on that popup. Then just have your car outside and running for the next 20 or so minutes and you should get the activation signal that will then allow that application to function.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.