CUE Update Status - Page 7
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My car, which was mad just a few weeks ago, definitely has the update. From what I have experienced, it ...
    marktanner is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Premium 2.0T 6M Black Raven/Caramel

Re: CUE Update Status

My car, which was mad just a few weeks ago, definitely has the update. From what I have experienced, it reacts much faster and smoother than ones I have tried in the past. The only hiccough so far is that after reading weather alerts, it won't return to the previous map view. I basically have to go to home, then tap the Nav icon, and all is well. May even be less taps this way, but I'm sure that's not what was intended.

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

I brought my car in this morning for the CUE update. Received a call from my tech saying that the car will actually be ready tomorrow instead of today. But that's ok. What they are doing he said is not only updating the CUE system, but also replacing the front controller section (where all of the buttons are for volume/climate, etc.) and it is being overnighted to them. Apparently this is a service bulletin they just received, and is to fix problems some owners have reported on the automatic volume controls not working correctly. Now whether this also helps the responsiveness of those touch controls as well is yet to be seen. Also a fix for memory seat issues (which I have not experienced myself). My car is the first one the techs are performing these service bulletins on at my dealership (the largest Cadillac dealership in AZ). I'll post more when I receive the car back tomorrow.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

My dealer e-mailed me this morning to tell me that they would have the software on Monday and they would call me to set up my recall time. God, I hope it helps!

skyy is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS

I had the update done yesterday. The new voice is the best part. It also seems more responsive.
    Nothing else stands out as a change except the icons that have been mentioned.
    Was surprised three were not release notes provided.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

as far as i know there are no release notes
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Do you suppose that the changes made will just have to be discovered by us or will they give us a change notice?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

any major changes will have notifications
    bug fixes etc like this update will not
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

I just got my ATS back from the dealer with the CUE update. I have to say, I am quite impressed with what they did, and the results.

First of all, they didn't just update the CUE software. They actually installed a brand new CUE unit (screen, electronics, control panel, etc.). I didn't expect that and not sure if they are doing this for everyone (I purchased my car at the end of October), but I was nice to see a new screen without any smudge marks like it was when I first purchased the car

Here is what I have been able to experience so far with the update:
    1) Volume Control MUCH more responsive. Just flick it and it changes volume immediately. No more delay or problems with how hard you had to press to respond.
    2) Climate controls also much more responsive. Sometimes I would have to hit the climate touch surface a few times before it would change temps, now each time it responds quickly.
    3) Although I am in AZ, occassionaly I had the need to use heat during the winter and experienced the same knocking that most others here have experienced. I turned the heat all the way up and so far have not heard the knocking any longer.
    4) New voice. Although upon turning the car on and my 160GB classic ipod is indexing, going to dial out it does say 'initializing device' but then goes immediately to 'please say a command'. No longer gives you an entire boring explanation.
    5) Playlist seems to now load much faster. Have not had enough time to fully test this out, but the yellow circle barely showed up before the playlists were able to be selected.
    6) New index column on the left side of your playlist/songs/genres/artists so a little easier to scroll down a long list. It will also only show an index of letters that pertain to the first letter of your list so even easier to navigate (i.e. if you do not have a playlist or song starting with Q, it will not show Q in the index).
    7) New icons for weather and Navigation
    8) Overall definitely faster responsiveness

Since they replaced the entire unit, I did have to repair my bluetooth, but no problem. All other previous settings were saved.

I have not had it long enough to see if any of the other problems in the past have been resolved such as song skipping, playlists that turn into an album when you turn the car back on, etc. so as I spend more time I'll report back. But so far, I am extremely pleased with the new update and it now acts and responds the way I think CUE should.

Edit:
    Here are the service bulletins that were performed in case anyone is interested:
    - Bulletin N120262 12262 Seat Memory Control Module Reprogram (some people had problems with key fobs and memory positions). This was issued 1/15/13
    - Bulletin N120265 12265 Auto Radio Volume Increases &/or Integrated CTR Stack Buttons Not Operating (this is what replaced the whole unit). This bulletin was issued 2/25/13
    - Bulletin N120293 12293 Cue System Update. Bulletin issued 2/21/13

For those who may be curious, I did not receive any other type of compensation as has been discussed on these threads previously. Regular free rental for warranty work.

Also, now when a call is completed you are returned to the previous screen (i.e. music) instead of remaining on the call screen.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

AZCADATS, since you have an iPhone 5, have you tried using Siri? Is that a feature that was included in this update?

Yes, Siri works with a 4S and therefore I"m sure with a 5 although I haven't tried my 5 yet.

Pandora still does not work over bluetooth with 4S (I'll check with 5 a little later). Bluetooth streaming when Pandora is running on the phone works, but not as controlled through the Pandora app on CUE.

Update: I tested iPhone 5 and Pandora does not stream over bluetooth, Siri does.

longslim is offline Cadillac Owners Member

Dealer call me for the Cue update along with several repairs they had postpone. So they are starting with the plastic molding around the driver side A pillar which is coming lose. My door handles where on order and had taken two week to arrive and there was the rear speaker issue to deal with. I hope it's worth the wait the car has been in two days so far and they're saying they need another day. My wife joked they must have broken something or the car want start anymore lol. We shall see long as everything is finally fix update and repaired I'm good. It's good news about the stack being replaced because every once in awhile my volume will sticks on max

longslim, yes that's exactly what the service bulletin specified is one of the things fixed with replacement of the stack.

ewired is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): '13 Cadillac ATS 2.0T
    Quote Originally Posted by AZCADATS

Update: I tested iPhone 5 and Pandora does not stream over bluetooth, Siri does.
    Is Siri available during xm or radio mode?

It seems to work just as receiving a phone call, in that you hold down the home button on your phone for Siri and CUE turns off the music and connects you via bluetooth to talk to Siri and listen to response.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Is there anyway to activate Siri without touching the phone? Such as through the voice commands of CUE as originally specified in the Owners Manual?

----------

Quote Originally Posted by longslim View Post
    Dealer call me for the Cue update along with several repairs they had postpone. So they are starting with the plastic molding around the driver side A pillar which is coming lose. My door handles where on order and had taken two week to arrive and there was the rear speaker issue to deal with. I hope it's worth the wait the car has been in two days so far and they're saying they need another day. My wife joked they must have broken something or the car want start anymore lol. We shall see long as everything is finally fix update and repaired I'm good. It's good news about the stack being replaced because every once in awhile my volume will sticks on max
    What is wrong with your A pillar and rear speaker, if you don't mind me asking.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.