CUE Update Status - Page 6
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; I have a S3 on ATT as well with 2000 contacts and only initializes for 15 seconds. Voice works great ...
    Rc52 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

Re: CUE Update Status

I have a S3 on ATT as well with 2000 contacts and only initializes for 15 seconds. Voice works great for any contact downloaded. Looks like the limit is increasing from 1000 to 3500 in the update so that is good for me.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    climate as in HVAC, not weather

it applies to all CUE systems
    I stand corrected. I do have that particular icon and it looks the same on my XTS Platinum which was built Jan 10, 2013. Was mixed up by that other icon (looking like sun and cloud) which I don't have. Not sure if that climate icon is an indication of the big software update starting in March, given the built date of my car as I would assume dealers would be advised of such.

But it means that we Canadians do not receive all the functions which are being delivered to the US, nor an iPod, given I only show 7 icons on my Home page and 4 icons in the top row of the the other screen showing the software, etc. versions.

Sorry my pictures are extreemly poor and they look even worse when posted here so as to number of icons you need to take my word for it. I guess I need lessons, LOL
    Well enlarging them by clicking on them you should see the version numbers and numbers of icons.

Now if this actually means my car already has the update, I can't tell any differences as this is the only version I have used. The indexing issue certainly has not changed as you may have noted from my other posts. So I would hope as soon as the first of you really do receive the update to post the version numbers. Maybe Cody knows.
    DSC01013.JPGDSC01012.JPG

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

The top row is customizable. If you want more up there you can just drag more icons up there.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

Ok, yeah the weather icon with the sun and clouds is not available in Canada (XM licensing or something? or are you just too far north for the satellites?)

but the Climate Control (hvac) icon did change in the new update but i would assume that the production line has been getting incremental updates that are all being rolled up into this one big update for cars already out in service

Jan 10 seems a bit early to have the full update but maybe not too early to get the icon change
    you could compare software version numbers (in the settings) to a vehicle that was delivered to a dealer more recently and see if yours is the same
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    The top row is customizable. If you want more up there you can just drag more icons up there.
    Sorry I wasn't clear. I believe XM in the US comes with the Trafic Link as per the US XM web-site which also includes weather, so I assumed that "sun-cloud" icon was related to it. And as Chris stated in his reply that what that icon is. The Canadian XM web-site has no info on Trafic Link nor do I have that service others have talked about in other threads. We do have to pay a Dollor more monthly than in the US after the 3 free months expire and get less channels and of course unfortunately no Trafic Link which I would have liked. But more money for same and even less service is nothing new to us.

@Chris
    As to too far north for satellites - ha,ha,ha. I don't think so, particularly as to the Toronto area (very close to where the XTS is assembled) which is considerably further south than many places in the US (and I don't refer to Alaska) Your explanation as to incremental updates is no doubt correct, and that car at the auto show in Chicago probably was produced the same time my car was built, with the same incremental updates. That of course means that climate icon will not be a proof for having the "full" big update as you initially suspected. Well, I didn't make it to the Toronto auto show as I'm getting ready to fly south to a nice beach and warm water, etc., so I'll check back in March as to feed-back reports from those who have by that time received the update. And as it is to be rolled out in order of production, those who receive the update first will have the largest difference to report which in my case would be most likely considerably less.

yeah i don't know what the deal is with XM in canada when it comes to GM/Cadillac/CUE ... i was just guessing

and yeah, i was told by the sales mgr here that we could tell the cars w/ the update by that climate icon but now i'm not so sure
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

NoVA_ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

My car is going to the dealership tomorrow AM for the update! Will report back when I get it back...
    bungee91 and bungee91 like this.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

I called my dealer and they said they have the update also (note they hadn't called me yet), so I scheduled my service appointment for Wednesday after work and would assume I'd have the car back on Thursday.
    So if you're impatient and don't want to wait, it sounds like dealers now have the new software.

so we have started to do some of these updates here and I went and talked to our top tech who handles these new issues and teaches the other guys the ins-and-outs of the special cases like this

he said that the 2-hour update time is about correct
    UNLESS there are other updates/reflashes that need to be done

the earlier the car was built the more updates need to be done to the car besides just the CUE update and that can end up taking a long time

inspectorudy is online now Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I called my dealer to schedule a look at my CUE screen and was told that they have the other CUE up dates but not the SRX. I have to believe them because they have been very good to me.They are projecting early March.

AZCADATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS 3.6

I contacted my dealer and they said they just received the update last Thursday. I'm scheduled for my update this Wednesday and he said it should take approximately 90 minutes to 2 hours. I'll report back once it's completed.

cullama213 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS 2.0 Turbo

Just called my dealership, waiting to hear back.

As a side note, does anyone know if this will cure the 'knocking' from the HVAC as discussed in this thread?

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ac-system.html

NoVA_ATS is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS

Quote Originally Posted by cullama213 View Post
    As a side note, does anyone know if this will cure the 'knocking' from the HVAC as discussed in this thread?
    It is my understanding that they will provide my car the update that is discussed in that thread at the same time as well.... There are a number of software updates for the ATS: Memory Seats, HVAC, CUE, as well as some others.

yeah, that's what i was trying to say in post #84

if there's any other software updates for other modules they will get done as well

jreihsen is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): cts
    I'm very anxious to hear from anyone who has had the update. We will be taking out ATS in for the common turn signal false warning and I hope that our dealer will want to set an appointment for the update. I hope the update is solid, but I'm a Windows programmer so I've seen my share of unexpected results from Microsoft updates, and even more from my own.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.