CUE Update Status - Page 5
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by kevinr Fortunately the gesture/target issue can be addressed w an on-screen UI update. The reveal/hide function has ...
    codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Re: CUE Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by kevinr View Post
    Fortunately the gesture/target issue can be addressed w an on-screen UI update. The reveal/hide function has to be a lot larger.
    That reveal/hide indicator on the screen is only meant to be an indicator and not what you actually touch. You can drag anywhere on the row of controls along the bottom of the screen. Think of that row as a windows shade handle. Just grab it and slide up, or grab and slide down. You can touch on any of the buttons in the bar and drag up or down. But, this should also be improved a bit more with the newer software as well.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

Codeman, it is good to know they are looking at this issue. I have tried to just put my finger along the bottom or for that matter anywhere on the screen to raise the favorites bars but it is not a certain gesture. One time it will work and the next time it will activate the nearest icon. I guess the point is that when driving along and wanting to hit a quick favorite button to get away from a commercial or un-liked song it is an "Eyes off the road" maneuver to get the favorites up for selection. I like the long bars and think they are a great idea and I prefer them to the DIC selection method with the steering wheel. Is it possible to make it like the info that comes up when a hand approaches the screen? By that I mean along with the info that appears there could be a favorites button along the bottom included in the list of other items.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

don't favorites get indexed for voice control?
    so while driving you could just hit the voice button the steering wheel and say the favorite's name?
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    ~~ Family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946 ~~
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight
    phone: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    don't favorites get indexed for voice control?
    so while driving you could just hit the voice button the steering wheel and say the favorite's name?
    No, not directly, but in general it works almost like that. So, you could say any AM/FM/XM channel name like it is said on your Favorites and it will tune, but if you renamed something to My Favorite Station, you wouldn't be able to say it to have it tune to that station.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by inspectorudy View Post
    Codeman, it is good to know they are looking at this issue. I have tried to just put my finger along the bottom or for that matter anywhere on the screen to raise the favorites bars but it is not a certain gesture. One time it will work and the next time it will activate the nearest icon. I guess the point is that when driving along and wanting to hit a quick favorite button to get away from a commercial or un-liked song it is an "Eyes off the road" maneuver to get the favorites up for selection. I like the long bars and think they are a great idea and I prefer them to the DIC selection method with the steering wheel. Is it possible to make it like the info that comes up when a hand approaches the screen? By that I mean along with the info that appears there could be a favorites button along the bottom included in the list of other items.
    Rudy, what screens are you trying to activate the Favorites from? If you are using it from Audio or Navigation, those applications are designed to leave the favorites visible (or hidden) just as you left it. So if you are in navigation and you'd like to use your favorites often, the favorites should always be there. I don't recall why we decided to not include Favorites as part of the proximity feature, but I'll bring that up for consideration. Just curious, why don't you like using the DIC selection for favorites? I actually prefer that quite a bit as it's quicker for me to press the up/down button a few times than to reach over and select the appropriate favorite. But a lot of it probably comes down to personal preference.

Ah, ok ... so same for location or POI favorites... If you rename the favorite it won't index that name for voice but you could still just command the system by voice to find and/or go to that location
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership & Official Saab Service Center
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Codeman, it is just the habit of years of the favorites buttons being at the bottom of the radio dial. If I use the DIC list then I have to watch as I scroll and to me that is just too much heads down to find something that is readily visible when looking at a long row of options as in the favorites bars. Also, is there a quick way of knowing where the steering wheel black selector button on the right side of the wheel is as far as the DIC display is. I mean that I always have to click it to see where it is so I can get the proper response. Sometimes it is on the right side of the display and I get no response and then once I move it right or left then I get the four function options. So if I do not know where the selector is then I have to establish that then I have to select favorites and then I have to scroll down through the list and then I have to select the one I want. It would seem for simplicity that the favorite bar could just be up at the owner's selection and then I would only have to push one button to go to my favorite. I am trying to offer what I see as simplicity rather than working with a system that takes many more steps to do the same thing. It could be an owner's option on the settings page if the owner wanted the favorite bar ALWAYS visible. If this type of thing is not feasible then I will stop making suggestions. Thanks again for being here.

kevinr is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): ATS
    Quote Originally Posted by codeman71

That reveal/hide indicator on the screen is only meant to be an indicator and not what you actually touch. You can drag anywhere on the row of controls along the bottom of the screen. Think of that row as a windows shade handle. Just grab it and slide up, or grab and slide down. You can touch on any of the buttons in the bar and drag up or down. But, this should also be improved a bit more with the newer software as well.
    I understand. I wasn't being clear. I think the gestures require more attention than a touchscreen button. Making it larger or move left to right works pretty well, but I can't get hiding/revealing to work without trying three or four times. I don't have that problem with buttons. So I was expressing the hope that one day the gestures would be replaced or augmented with hide/reveal button. Sort of like the way some toolbars work on desktop apps.

Thanks for the tip though. I'll see if that improves my success rate.

Sorry for hijacking the thread. I'll stop now.

danscrim is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Just dropped my ATS off at the dealer for an oil change and the service department said they received a letter the other day saying that March 1st is when they'll begin rolling out the updates. I'm not sure if that means GM will start sending the updates to the dealers then (which come on a USB stick I believe) or if they already have it and will begin the upgrades on March 1st. It sounded like the latter because he said he'd give me a call and get me in right around March 1st as I will be one of the first vehicles getting the upgrade.

So apparently only a few more weeks away!

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

I was at the Chicago Auto Show and checked out the ATS there
    Software version: 23124322
    Gracenote: 22993544
    Map: 22993553

Also you can see the new climate icon in the pic attached.
    That's a pretty big # jump from the 22953971 software that I have now!
    It did seem much more touch responsive and accurate, however I didn't get to play with it too much.

P1000971 (Large).JPGP1000851 (Large).JPG
    danscrim, danscrim, Yplus and 3 others like this.

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Don't have that climate icon on my Platinum.

I hope I'm wrong about this but it is not like Detroit to keep giving it's old customers the newest features for free. I think we may get an upgrade or two but I think that the "Newer" version will only be available in the new models. It's sort of like Microsoft and their Windows updates for free but when they come out with a new version of Windows you have to pay for it. In that sense I think we will probably get some improvements to our beta version of CUE but we will not be getting new features that a lot of us are asking for. IMHO. I am trying to be pragmatic about this and use Detroit history as my guide. We/I hope I'm wrong!

danscrim is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I was at the Chicago Auto Show and checked out the ATS there
    Software version: 23124322
    Gracenote: 22993544
    Map: 22993553

Also you can see the new climate icon in the pic attached.
    That's a pretty big # jump from the 22953971 software that I have now!
    It did seem much more touch responsive and accurate, however I didn't get to play with it too much.

Attachment 103853Attachment 103854
    Great investigative work!!!
    bungee91 and bungee91 like this.

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    Don't have that climate icon on my Platinum.
    that's one easy way to tell if a vehicle has had the new CUE update

the factory started using the update not long ago many cars on dealer lots probably have the update

customers are getting the update in order of purchase (supposedly)

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Well Chris unfortunately that may not apply to Canadians. Isn't weather a feature of XM? If so, I believe Cody mentioned once that XM doesn't come with weather in Canada. So I just looked on both the US and Canadian sides, The US side has weather and trafic listed. The Canadian side does not. So I'm out of luck again, it seems. Not to mention that the basic package in the US for over 130 channels costs $14.99 whereas we have to pay for 120 channels $15.99. Thus we again have to pay more for less. Getting ripped off again like for anything else, e.g. books, cars, etc.!.

climate as in HVAC, not weather

it applies to all CUE systems

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.