CUE Update Status - Page 3
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; My ATS (Canada - in case there is some distinction) Software - 22953975 Gracenote - 22953970 Map - 22993553...
    pever is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 2.0T Premium with Driver Assist & Adv Security

Re: CUE Update Status

My ATS
    (Canada - in case there is some distinction)
    Software - 22953975
    Gracenote - 22953970
    Map - 22993553

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

update is coming soon... dealers have not yet been advised but it will be a rolling (probably VIN based) update so the dealers do not get overwhelmed with cars needing update

this allows the dealers to provide a higher level of service (2013 cadillac loaner vehicle, etc) as the process supposedly fairly involved and is an all day (or more) endeavor

the final tweaks and testing are probably being done as we speak

touch response, overall speed and voice issues as well as many other bug fixes are rumored to be in this update

be patient it's coming soon
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept View Post
    update is coming soon... dealers have not yet been advised but it will be a rolling (probably VIN based) update so the dealers do not get overwhelmed with cars needing update

this allows the dealers to provide a higher level of service (2013 cadillac loaner vehicle, etc) as the process supposedly fairly involved and is an all day (or more) endeavor

the final tweaks and testing are probably being done as we speak

touch response, overall speed and voice issues as well as many other bug fixes are rumored to be in this update

be patient it's coming soon
    Good news Upgrading the OS on CUE should not take that long if it is done with a laptop via the USB, unless it takes more space then Windows OS ))

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

XTS Platinum built week of Jan 7-11 delivered Jan 22nd/13
    Software: 23124322
    Gracenote: 22993544
    Map: 22993553

ebomb321 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 1979 Devile, 1994 STS, 2003 EXT, 2005 STS, 2013 ATS

My ATS
    took delivery 1/25
    Software - 22953975
    Gracenote - 22953970
    Map - 22993553

----------

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    I'll second that. Have a Verizon Galaxy nexus and it will literally always say "Device is initializing." What's weird is that the contacts are accessible via the DIC or CUE display. I've also have the "Recent Calls Not Available" show up. It works for a few days after pairing and then it starts doing that. To fix it I have to remove the link on each device and re-pair.
    what CUE software version are you? my Nexus is showing contacts and the voice commands work. im running CM10.1 (jellybean 4.2) ROM

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by ebomb321 View Post
    My ATS
    took delivery 1/25
    Software - 22953975
    Gracenote - 22953970
    Map - 22993553

----------

what CUE software version are you? my Nexus is showing contacts and the voice commands work. im running CM10.1 (jellybean 4.2) ROM
    Identical versions as you. I'm still running CM10. Haven't upgraded to 10.1 yet. Maybe that'll fix my issues. It usually works for a few days then craps out on me. Contacts always work but recent calls won't and it constantly says "device initializing" ... I'll let you know after I update. Thanks!

katz is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 3.6 AWD Luxury ATS

my dealer advised there is an 1,100 feature fix in the coming upgrade, expected in a few weeks, advised will take 5-8 hours to install
    probably not 1100 features you'll actually notice, but gives a clue at the complexity of this system.

yes... some cars will have less updates some will have more ... it may take a few hours... it may take an overnight stay

i think owners will be getting a $50 cash card and a loaner

it will be rolled out slowly to make sure the dealers have enough loaners and nobody has to get an enterprise rental
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

This is an update to my original post (and the intended topic of this thread). I was at the dealer yesterday for another issue, and i asked about the status of the QUE update. He told me that it would not be until near the end of February. Owners will get an invitation as i mentioned before. As an owner you will get: A loaner car, a FULL tank of gas in your vehicle and a Visa gift card. Update time will depend on the version of QUE you are running (as i mentioned before).

yeah, this is the information that was just recently relayed to the dealers from GM

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

I just wonder whether or not those "goodies" listed by pkadamec will be given to Canadian XTS owners, given we already pay more and do not get an iPad for these cars originating in Canada. LOL. May-be we should go after Microsoft and other software suppliers for a Visa gift card for all those OS and Apps fixes, ha, ha, ha. Can see the loaner car but the other goodies are pretty decent of GM in comparison. Well, there is the time involved to take and retrieve the car to and from the dealer and the putting up with problems prior to the fixes, but the latter applies to computer stuff too.

Well, to be fair, I must state that my dealer always drove me home and picked me up or, particularly, if I had to leave the car overnight and needing transportation for other reasons, I always received either a loaner car or a free rental from my dealer when taking in my previous STS, not to forget the free car washes after a service. So no complain about my dealer's service. The Canadian pricing and luck of an iPad are outside the dealers control.

isakhanyan is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): ATS Turbo Manual

Read an article on engadget.com, link below, an update is said to be on its way but no details for an exact time frame.

http://www.engadget.com/2013/02/06/c...system-update/

yeah that wired story was posted here by the news bot yesterday

http://www.cadillacforums.com/forums...ate-laggy.html

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I think the link above has some good points about CUE. To me there should have been a few more dedicated controls that always do the same dumb thing without having to tap and wait and tap and wait for the correct function to appear. I will get used to the system but it looks like GM has realized that there are hard buttons that some of their customers prefer over virtual buttons. I tried four times today to get all three rows of my favorites to appear and it was just hit or miss. If you touch the wrong area of the screen you activate the icon nearest to it and it took a lot of EYE time to get it to work properly. I'm taking it to the dealer tomorrow so that they can try my voice system out and see if it is my voice or the CUE's ears. My wife cannot get the voice system to work either so it may well be something in the system. Have any of you had any issues with the word "Home"? It's on both my wife's and my phone with the correct address but it takes three or four tries to get it to go through. I'll see tomorrow if there is anything wrong with the car or me.

have you tried renaming the 'home' contact to something else?

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.