CUE Update Status - Page 2
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 16 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; Originally Posted by pete0426 Voice command always replies with device is initializing when phone is recognized via bluetooth. Have about ...
    danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Re: CUE Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by pete0426 View Post
    Voice command always replies with device is initializing when phone is recognized via bluetooth. Have about 50 contacts on the phone. Have driven for over an hour and voice command still results in device is initializing. Phone is a Samsung Galaxy S3. Same problem occurs with our Galaxy S2. Our cell phone carrier is ATT. Any thoughts would be appreciated. Cannot use voice command to call a contact. System will not recognize the contact. Frustrated.
    I'll second that. Have a Verizon Galaxy nexus and it will literally always say "Device is initializing." What's weird is that the contacts are accessible via the DIC or CUE display. I've also have the "Recent Calls Not Available" show up. It works for a few days after pairing and then it starts doing that. To fix it I have to remove the link on each device and re-pair.

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Yeah, I tested more on the way home last night. Every time (not just the first - I guess I usually just give up and don't start over) I pressed the voice button during a 40 minute commute, it says Device Initializing, and I can't get it to recognize the names of any of my contacts. I'll try disconnecting the ipod next time and see if it continues.

Dan / Pete - are you guys using stock or third party ROMs?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

I have a feeling that a lot of these 'bugs' are going to be fixed in this update ...
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at Rippy Automotive
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members discounts on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

pete0426 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): None

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    Yeah, I tested more on the way home last night. Every time (not just the first - I guess I usually just give up and don't start over) I pressed the voice button during a 40 minute commute, it says Device Initializing, and I can't get it to recognize the names of any of my contacts. I'll try disconnecting the ipod next time and see if it continues.

Dan / Pete - are you guys using stock or third party ROMs?
    Using stock rom. Galaxy S2 will not show contacts when it links. The Galaxy S3 does show the contacts.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    Quote Originally Posted by Yplus View Post

My version numbers are:

Software: 22953971
    Gracenote: 22953970
    I have the exact same #'s on mine. As I had said, I'd be surprised if anyone's here are different. I'd love to know if that's the case.

CavemanB52 is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): 2012 CTSV coupe
    My wife's 2013 srx is:
    Software: 22973336
    Gracenote: 22973339

Hope this helps.

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    So in this case the ATS and the SRX clearly have different software versions.

Any other ATS or SRX owners care to chime in for comparison?..

Also adding an XTS's #'s would be helpful also.

I'd really like to know if there are different versions within the same model.

pkadanec is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS

December 2012 (2013 XTS Premium)

Software 22953975

codeman71 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Grasso View Post
    Codeman1,

Did you slide past the part where this post started?
    Are we looking at a very large upgrade that will be done overnight at a dealer?

Mike
    You caught that, huh? Unfortunately I can't comment about this. I know there are multiple components that need to be updated in order to perform a CUE update. 12 hours seems a bit long to me, unless they are accounting any time for possible errors or retries or things of that nature, or possibly there are other software updates for other components not related to CUE that are going to be updated at the same time. I'm not really sure. I can't comment about timing of the update either as I haven't been directed to any specifics more than what I've seen on here already.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by Sir CussFreq View Post
    Thanks for the clarification on the dealership name. I'll try it again next time I'm in that area (though, I no longer need directions!). The full contact name is "Larry", and there are no other Larry's in my contact list. For what it's worth, I have an Android and it looks like the contact list is fully loaded (I can browse through them on the DIC), but is it possible the voice translations aren't fully processed / initialized yet?

Regarding the initialization, no matter how long the car's been on, it seems like the first time I hit the voice button it says "Please Wait. Device Initializing", then immediately prompts for my input. Does it make you wait to prompt for input until it's initialized, or is it still going on in the background and this may be contributing to the problem? I do have an ipod with ~40 gigs of music plugged in behind the dash... That may be what it's always trying to initialize...
    That's exactly what's going on then unfortunately. The system will index whichever is connected to the system first (music or Bluetooth) and once that is finished, it will move on to the next thing. So, if you do have a full 40GB of music, and you leave that connected to the car, that's going to begin immediately, and then once that finishes up it will move on to your phone. So unfortunately with the way the indexing happens, you would either need to wait for it to fully complete, or else connect your iPod to your vehicle after your phone has connected.

----------

Quote Originally Posted by danscrim View Post
    I'll second that. Have a Verizon Galaxy nexus and it will literally always say "Device is initializing." What's weird is that the contacts are accessible via the DIC or CUE display. I've also have the "Recent Calls Not Available" show up. It works for a few days after pairing and then it starts doing that. To fix it I have to remove the link on each device and re-pair.
    Yes, unfortunately that is a nasty bug that shows up sometimes (and we've fixed in the next software update) that the indexing process gets hung up and the only way to get around it is to unpair (delete device info from each other) and repair. Hopefully you don't have to put up with this for too terribly much longer .

----------

Quote Originally Posted by pete0426 View Post
    Using stock rom. Galaxy S2 will not show contacts when it links. The Galaxy S3 does show the contacts.
    Something also to watch out for with Android devices is making sure you allow the contacts list to be downloaded by CUE. On my Droid 3, this message shows up in the notification bar along the top just after I pair. You only have a short window to authorize it as well or else it just disappears.

doug goldberg is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): none

Codeman, Is the update going improve the GUI responsiveness at all? It seems like its a bit laggy sometimes particularly in the Nav mode where I find the pinch/zoom to be very slow. Im sure the HW is an issue here as well but I assume code optimization might help the overall response. Your using Linux and an open-source C compiler?

Quote Originally Posted by doug goldberg View Post
    Codeman, Is the update going improve the GUI responsiveness at all? It seems like its a bit laggy sometimes particularly in the Nav mode where I find the pinch/zoom to be very slow. Im sure the HW is an issue here as well but I assume code optimization might help the overall response. Your using Linux and an open-source C compiler?
    I have seen improvements in the responsiveness with newer software, yes. Yes we are using Linux, but I don't know for sure what compiler is actually being used.

kiboater is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX FWD Luxury

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    My wife's 2013 srx is:

Hope this helps.
    Same software here

Whistlingdixiee is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Performance, Glacier Blue

How do I find my software number for my SRX? Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by Whistlingdixiee View Post
    How do I find my software number for my SRX? Thanks!
    In the settings application, at the bottom of the list there is a menu called Software Information. In there you can find the software numbers.

miamictsv is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS-V

Quote Originally Posted by CavemanB52 View Post
    My wife's 2013 srx is:

Hope this helps.
    I have the same version as this. 2013 SRX AWD build in 10/12. SO far i found CUE to be slow and some key options are missing like displaying songs by folders. Navigation is worse then my 2009 CTS-V when it comes to selecting a route.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.