CUE Update Status - Page 14
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; How is everyone finding the CUE responsiveness and usability after the update? Does it still need major improvements?...
    rage2021 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS AWD 2.0T

Re: CUE Update Status

How is everyone finding the CUE responsiveness and usability after the update? Does it still need major improvements?

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

As long as the system does not cache all my information, then the response is a hearty YES.

Still needs improvement.

TimTown is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 XTS4 Platinum

Angry Re: CUE Update Status

Quote Originally Posted by rage2021 View Post
    How is everyone finding the CUE responsiveness and usability after the update? Does it still need major improvements?
    Surely you joke. How about treating CUE software like software companies do for their installed base for publishing release numbers, automatically notifying you of an update, bugs fixed, features added, known problems, user or CUE auto downloading and installing updates w/o the incredibly bureaucratic GM/Dealer overhead? What's WRONG WITH GM NOT TO RECOGNIZE the obvious cost/benefit to GM AND the increase of customer satisfaction in using the practices so common in the S/W industry? Even my Denon Blu-Ray player updates itself with NO user intervention!! Need we elaborate?

GM has not responded to these points raised by me and others before. What's your response GM?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i think it has to do with the fact that the software is tied into a moving object that basically is a missile

can your denon bluray player kill someone who's walking across the street? no ... can your XTS4 Platinum? yes

therein lies the difference
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

It also has a lot to do with a high probability of breaking the system!
    From what I've heard an update can take something like 4 hours. Being that the case a maintainer or charger is probably advised to be put onto the battery for the update.
    Now I have NO idea why any update/rewrite with reasonably current hardware would ever take that long, but that seems to be the case.

I also think of all the people who installed an aftermarket tune on their vehicles and clearly missed the well documented step of "make sure the vehicle is in service mode and not accessory mode by holding the start button for 5+ seconds, etc..." and then freaked out when their car didn't start. Considering that's a very small user base and an optional thing to install, updating CUE incorrectly would likely be a nightmare for GM at this point.

Anyhow I'm not condoning GM's lack of functionality for the end user, and also think an update shouldn't take as long as it supposedly is taking to apply, however in the current constraints of that I agree with the dealerships doing the updating.

wrtxts is online now Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Cadillac XTS Platinum
    I'm enjoying my $50 gift card, free loaner, free premium car wash coupon, and free tank of gas for my "inconvenience" of having to drop off my car at the dealership!

flying fossil is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Kinda Red XTS Premium

How does one determine/verify the cue software status of their car?

danscrim is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS 3.6L

Quote Originally Posted by flying fossil View Post
    How does one determine/verify the cue software status of their car?
    You can go into Settings -> Software Version (or something like that) and see which version you have. Then compare to others that are on this thread.

The quick way, however, to check if you have the latest version is to look at the Climate Control button. Does it look like a snowflake with red/blue around it? Or does it look the sitting person icon? The sitting person is old, the snowflake is new.

pissedoffwookiee is online now Cadillac Owners Connoisseur
    Automobile(s): 14 ATS Premium 2.0T Phantom Gray, 13 SRX Luxury Carbon Black

Quote Originally Posted by TimTown View Post
    Surely you joke. How about treating CUE software like software companies do for their installed base for publishing release numbers, automatically notifying you of an update, bugs fixed, features added, known problems, user or CUE auto downloading and installing updates w/o the incredibly bureaucratic GM/Dealer overhead? What's WRONG WITH GM NOT TO RECOGNIZE the obvious cost/benefit to GM AND the increase of customer satisfaction in using the practices so common in the S/W industry? Even my Denon Blu-Ray player updates itself with NO user intervention!! Need we elaborate?

GM has not responded to these points raised by me and others before. What's your response GM?
    The cars do in fact do this, what may not be commonly known is that prior to the major CUE and vehicle update (which is why it took so long to perform and required a dealer visit) there was a minor update that took place. My dealer had to make sure all their XTS and ATS models were out in the open and not indoors or in service bays for about two weeks, and they had to start the cars and let them run 5 or so minutes every 2 or three days to make sure they all had active links to the mother ship in order for each car to download the update. I'm betting thats how future updates are going to happen, this last one had a car update in it too. XTS update took upwards of 2 days to perform.

NJRonbo is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): Cadillac

The engineers that came down to my dealership explained to me that updates would probably not be done via owner download because there were several risks involved with that process. One of the risks would be having to keep the vehicle running and having a driver turn his vehicle off in the middle of a download, or having an update occur while driving or when someone needs to drive.

The impression I received is that OTA updates would not be offered for CUE and that drivers would continue to have to bring their vehicles in for service.

Chuck_S is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX

My 2013 SRX is:
    Software: 21350273
    Gracenote: 22993544

I have a Samsung Galaxy Appeal and I keep getting the Device is Initializing message.

georule is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

My local dealer "bricked" my CUE yesterday trying to reload the software. They have to get a new one from Cadillac and install it, which obviously is a bit of an owie to GM's warranty costs. So, yeah, there are risks. Maybe as the software and software team matures they can get there.

inspectorudy is offline Cadillac Owners Enthusiast
    Automobile(s): SRX

I do not believe there is any safety function or car driving control system controlled by CUE. So if it fails which it has many times for many of us there is no loss of safety involved. I believe it is called an "Infotainment" system along with some convenience control items that are not required for driving. They cannot use this as an excuse to not allow the owners to upgrade their own cars with a caveat about damaging it and that the owner is responsible for any problems related to the installation. With the amount of building anger and resentment from owners over this betrayal by GM I cannot imagine that this has been put on the back burner by management. The ill will they are causing is going to be hard for them to overcome at some point. I hope they get this message and give us a break.

georule is online now Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 SRX Luxury AWD Silver Coast Metallic

Depends on where you live, I suppose. Not having climate control would be a safety issue some places some times of year. My Minnesota dealer didn't even try to give me the car back with a dead CUE in November (a XTS Luxury loaner is comforting me until my new CUE is installed in my SRX).

It's also worth remembering that literally *every* CUE on the road is under warranty at this point. This probably has some impact on GM's willingness to engage in such experiments.

Russianhaxor is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): Cadillac ATS 2.0T Premium

It's really sad that we're here more than 6 months later and CUE is basically in the same state it was since I got my car in April.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.