CUE Update Status - Page 13
Cadillac

Cadillac Forums | Help Us Help You | Advertise | Cadillac Parts | Cadillac News | Cadillac Classifieds / (Old System)

Cadillac Technical Archive | Cadillac Dealers | Cadillac Reviews | Cadillac Dealer Reviews | Cadillac Vendors

CadillacForums.com is the premier Cadillac Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Like Tree17Likes
**Cadillac User Experience (CUE)** Discussion, CUE Update Status in Item Specific Cadillac Discussion; driving on highway going about 65-70 mph. Car starts jerking back and forth and loses power. Drop down to 45-50 ...
    skochar22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD DI
    driving on highway going about 65-70 mph. Car starts jerking back and forth and loses power. Drop down to 45-50 mph misfire stops but you can feel the car still has no power. Go to the nearest cadillac dealer, name i wont mention. Was told coil # 3 and spark plug was shot. Got it changed. after the service i noticed the car isnt a 100%. (Only on the highway). Going anywhere from 60-75 mph and releasing the pedal then Lightly giving it gas to speed back up it sort of feels like it has no power and as if the car will misfire again. You can feel it in the engine and the vibrations through the gas pedal? Any suggestions on what to do and check? 61,000 miles. 09 CTS 3.6L AWD
    Johnfran and Johnfran like this.

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)
    Often other coils and/or plugs go bad too. Or you could be low on oil. Did you check the dipstick. Don't assume they did.
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

Sir CussFreq is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2013 Raven Black ATS

Re: CUE Update Status

I'd probably start by posting somewhere other than a CUE thread...

Cadillac Cust Svc is online now Cadillac Customer Service
    Automobile(s): All Cadillac vehicles!

Skochar22, please don't hesitate to email me at Katie_Lucille@gmexpert.com if you would like any further assistance along the way! Cadillac Customer Service is always available to step in and follow up with your dealer, if you wish.

Since it's been a few pages since I posted on this thread, I wanted to post the contact information for the specialized Infotainment Customer Support group as well! This way those of you with lingering CUE questions can hopefully find this information more quickly. The agents are available at 855-428-3669, Monday to Friday 8:00am to 10:00pm EST and Saturday 8:00am - 4pm EST.

Best,

Katie
    Cadillac Customer Service

CDN XTS is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 1995 SLS -> 2003 STS ->2013 XTS Platinum

Quote Originally Posted by CDN XTS View Post
    Thanks cblove for that info. So based on that 17 page document there will be some documentation with that update. Of course, given us Canadian owners have a "more expensive but degraded" XM system (no weather/traffic - not GM's fault) there may yet be a "third" software number after the big update. Will report back on that, whenever I get my update.
    Just received my CUE update 12293 to-day and the 12262 Memory Control Module update. Included was car-wash (have received that anytime I took my STS in for service) and they filled up the car and gave me a fancy Cadillac engraved large metal travel mug (probably the Canadian equivalent of the $50 visa card in the US) and offered a choice of a car rental or Shuttle service back and forth. The Software update numbers are the same in the US and Canada for the 2012 model yeas Cadillac ATS, SRX and XTS being 23150273 for Navigation vehicles and 23150271 for non navigation vehicles. I asked and received the 18 page document ID # 3291519 by cblove thinking that was info relating to what changes were made. It's not. It is just the instruction document to the dealer as to how to perform the update in Canada and the US so of no value to us customers. Have not had any real time to play with it and given my car was built on Jan 10/13 with original Software serial # 23124322, there were probably not quite as many changes as others have reported, e.g. I already had the changed icons (although being in Canada not the weather icon). Nor do I have the Pandora Icon (but that may well be due for not having a smartphone yet - although manual reads "Pandora may not be available in Canada or Mexico"). On the other hand I not only have the Climate Icon but also a R.Climate Icon which I had also before this update. I did try to use the new feature to save the CUE info to a USB stick, (freshly formatted NTFS 32GB) but it didn't work, stating to check whether USB stick has enough space and is not write protected. - Certainly not the latter. I would also assume 32 GB is sufficient. Checking devices CUE does show my SD card AND the USB stick. Any feed back by others on this? Does it only work if indexing is completed? BTW, it still shows my playlists and I can select them from the screen. (haven't tried Voice).

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual

I did try to use the new feature to save the CUE info to a USB stick, (freshly formatted NTFS 32GB) but it didn't work, stating to check whether USB stick has enough space and is not right protected. - Certainly not the latter I would assume 32 GB is sufficient. Checking devices CUE does show my SD card AND the USB stick. Any feed back by others on this? Does it only work if indexing is completed? BTW, it still shows my playlists and I can select them from the screen. (haven't tried Voice).
    I'd try a smaller FAT32 formatted drive and see if you have success.
    NTFS is less universally accepted, so I'd assume you'd have better success with FAT/FAT32.
    Also 32GB is likely WAY more than enough space for saving that info

Hoosier Daddy is offline Moderator
    Automobile(s): 2013 ATS Performance 2.0T M6

Quote Originally Posted by bungee91 View Post
    I'd try a smaller FAT32 formatted drive and see if you have success.
    NTFS is less universally accepted, so I'd assume you'd have better success with FAT/FAT32.
    Also 32GB is likely WAY more than enough space for saving that info
    I agree that 32GB is way more than enough space, so I cut my drive in half and it still didn't work. j/k

I'm really posting because this is the first I've heard about a way to save the CUE data. That's a great option! I assume this is a new capability hastened by the fact that dealers had to manually save and restore customer data during the recent updates. Is this ability documented in a revised CUE manual yet? I don't have my car yet so am flying blind.

skochar22 is offline Cadillac Owners Member
    Automobile(s): 2009 CTS AWD DI
    Quote Originally Posted by RippyPartsDept
    Often other coils and/or plugs go bad too. Or you could be low on oil. Did you check the dipstick. Don't assume they did.
    Thanks for the tip man

SAVING OF CUE DATA - As to the saving of CUE info I phoned the CDN arm of Cadillac and they took down the info - said someone would phone me. Someone did, just to confirm my experience. Will phone back again to let me know if this is just for GM Tech people. Told her, that unless the USB stick had a special software on it to communicate with CUE, how would CUE know? Anyway they will investigate and phone back. In the meantime I will format as Fat32 and try that. On the other hand I know CUE can handle a USB stick as well as an SD card formatted NTSF as I have tried both types formatted as such and used them to play music via CUE. I assumed that 32GB would be far more than it is needed, but being bigger should not affect the download. After all, if I have a drive 10 or 100 times the size Windows needs to function, it will still install and work. And certainly just to place a copy of a file or files on a medium requires that the medium is large enough to hold the info but being bigger should not be a problem. What may be a problem, (in case it also copies all the all the stuff which is being indexed each time the car is started), that indexing need to have been finished before CUE will copy the data. Then of course the error message given is rather poor. I will report back on this issue once I know more.
    ----- Sorry about the poor formatting, but I can't anymore use any line formatting functions. Can't even start a new paragraph with the enter key. Used spaces to move this to the next line which may or may not work when viewing by others. As soon as I try any such I receive a Window message from Webpage "Are you sure you wish to leave this page?" May be due to having updated IE9 to IE10 for Windows 7 which may need a corresponding change to the web-page to function as intended under IE10 or I have to change some preferences under IE10 - but why just those line related functions?

RippyPartsDept is offline Hi, I'm Chris - Please Read My Signature
    Automobile(s): 1999 DeVille "Bianca" (white/blue, VIN-Y, 160k)

i'm pretty sure it's supposed to be for the next time there's a cue update so the techs don't have to manually record and set your settings back after the update
    Chris Heath (RippyPartsDept) is an ASE Certified GM Parts Consultant at
    Rippy is a Cadillac, Hummer, Saturn & Saab dealership - family owned and operated in Wilmington, NC since 1946
    We offer all forum members deals on parts and freight - e: parts@rippyautomotive.com ph: 800-RIPPY-22
    <-- insert standard boilerplate about posts not necessarily representing my employer, etc -->

bungee91 is offline Cadillac Owners Fanatic
    Automobile(s): 2013 Opulent ATS 2.0T Premium Manual
    I'm not saying to use a smaller drive just because. I'm saying use a smaller drive so that it can be a native FAT32 file system. Come to think of it though, I believe you can format a 32GB drive as FAT32 so never mind that comment.
    I'm just guessing here, but since CUE has to write to the drive I'd still think of a higher success rate without NTFS.

I tried FAT32 - no joy, so Chris' comment may just be it (GM has not phoned back yet - I guess due to the rather poor documentation in general - my only real complaint) (*)) They don't even know. However, in that case a better programmed "error message" would have been in order. If that is the real answer I'm not sure how such would be controlled - a password or a special communication software on the USB stick which could communicate with CUE? (*) Yes, I know many are too lazy to even read the manuals they have, but when even GM car-dealers and the people at Cadillac we are to contact, don't know, then I consider it a problem, of which this particular rather minor issue is but one.

I tried FAT32 - no joy, so Chris' comment may just be it (GM has not phoned back yet - I guess due to the rather poor documentation in general - my only real complaint) (*)) They don't even know. However, in that case a better programmed "error message" would have been in order. If that is the real answer I'm not sure how such would be controlled - a password or a special communication software on the USB stick which could communicate with CUE? (*) Yes, I know many are too lazy to even read the manuals they have, but when even GM car-dealers and the people at Cadillac we are to contact, don't know, then I consider it a problem, of which this particular rather minor issue is but one.
    HERE IS A GOOD ONE!!! I received a call back from a Canadian Cadillac Rep. who had checked into this on my behalf. Her feedback was that it was for "European Customers to download info for TAX purposes" and is not meant for Canadian Users. I didn't even ask what type of CUE data would be good for the taxman. She also said it's not readable and cannot be uploaded again to CUE. Stating that the CUE reply doesn't make sense, I was again told it's not for Canadian Users. Well there was no use to talk any further. Well WSUFANS reported in another thread, that he had downloaded the info but preferred it to be in better readable format also asking how it could be uploaded again. So it seems to be the info on how CUE is presently set up as to user preferences, which would make sense, and the reason I was looking forward to use this new feature. ---- But "Tax purposes in Europe". WOW. Will CUE in Europe perhaps record all trips with locations so people claiming taxable expenses have proof of trips they can deduct from tax returns, or what? As said I didn't even dare to ask a further question on that. So, given this "official" reply, I sure hope someone from CUE can clearly outlined the use of the new programme line available in CUE after the update. And if this official reply is correct, make changes to the CUE response when trying to download data.

Further to my last two posts. I received a call from GM Canada about 2 weeks after my CUE update, offering me a choice of 2 months extra OnStar, more minutes on OnStar or $50. choose the latter (so Canadians do get that $50. too - if it ever comes now some 4 weeks later LOL). Anyway asked him about that copying of CUE data to USB stick. He said a legal difference between CAN and US. Well just had the car in for some other issue and the CUE technician also downloaded some other CUE updates which didn't change the software numbers, but now my download to USB stick worked. So much for the original official reason I was given for not working. Looking at it, it is just info as to the versions of what is presently on CUE, not just those Numbers which appear on the screen but also other modules info. Not any info on the customer optional programming so of no real benefit to us customers, nor to the service people doing an update to quickly record and perhaps re-install customer setups as assumed by other posters.

Further to my last two posts. I received a call from GM Canada about 2 weeks after my CUE update, offering me a choice of 2 months extra OnStar, more minutes on OnStar or $50. choose the latter (so Canadians do get that $50. too - if it ever comes now some 4 weeks later LOL). Anyway asked him about that copying of CUE data to USB stick. He said a legal difference between CAN and US. Well just had the car in for some other issue and the CUE technician also downloaded some other CUE updates which didn't change the software numbers, but now my download to USB stick worked. So much for the original official reason I was given for not working. Looking at it, it is just info as to the versions of what is presently on CUE, not just those Numbers which appear on the screen but also other modules info. Not any info on the customer optional programming so of no real benefit to us customers, nor to the service people doing an update to quickly record and perhaps re-install customer setups as assumed by other posters.
    N.B. Still not received the promised $50.00 though. Well, I guess I forget about that as I don't have the name of the person who phoned me and offered it.

Quick Reply Quick Reply

Register Now

Please enter the name by which you would like to log-in and be known on this site.
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.

Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.